Customs Duty

markuk

Does anyone have information on customs import duty rates, we import electronic equipment here to Thailand but my shipping company tells me that there are no fixed rates. Can be anything betwen 20-50% or more depending on the customs guy on the day.

Anyone have more info that can help?

Cheers

See http://www.customs.go.th/Tariff/Tariff.jsp

The problem is that somewhat complex electric or electronic assemblies or products may be subject to reclassification under several different Harmonized System codes.

Good luck!

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

[email protected]

www.thaitradedata.com

Thank you

I import small pcb boards and pay usually 0 % sometimes 5 % if I declare them as computer spare parts. If I declare them as video game things it gets 30 %.

sometimes it works easily and perfect, sometimes if FedEx has its fighting with customs, customs decide that it is something different and make troubles.

Best clearing so far was with EMS, had to go there but not understood one word thai, customs officer not one word english, so he made it a 10 % of the chinese undervalue invoice and we both aggree...

Does anyone have information on customs import duty rates, we import electronic equipment here to Thailand but my shipping company tells me that there are no fixed rates. Can be anything betwen 20-50% or more depending on the customs guy on the day.

Anyone have more info that can help?

Cheers