Seeking Employment In Krungthep

Greetings from singapore, need advise and expertise on chances of getting a living and working at bangkok.

I an a chinese national with high school qualification equivelent on Cambridge GCE O Levels.Experience in Macdonalds as Outlet Manager for 3 years.field experience in travel line,hospitality and customer services.

I would very much appreciate if any kind soul could render some advise coz currently my wife to be is from chiangrai and i would like to eventually settle down at thailand as its a wonderful place compared to my hometown.

I had try my luck thru online job agents but wasnt sucessful as i can.t speak thai.Really miss my spouse as we are seperated now and can only see each other about 3 times per year.

Sad soul........

Anson

I'm not sure about your visa requirements (assuming you are a chinese passport holder) but i imagine you will need a work permit and for that you must obtain a Non-Imm B Visa.

I think you should focus on your chinese/english language skills and try to get a job near the chinese comunity. Keep looking for jobs and something might appear. Good luck.

Anson,

Non Imm O Visa multiple entry is okay for a work permit, since you are married to a Thai.

As for work, you could try to seek employment in SG that have a branch in Thailand. I have seen a few SG travel companies in Bangkok, you just have to look harder. Maybe you could also look into the hotel industries with your F&B background.

I could tell you this, it's not easy but one must never give up.

And lastly why don't you invite your wife to stay with you in SG while you get this sorted out?

Best of luck

Explorer :o