Guide To Restaurants In Isaan

buadhai

• 2 weeks later...

Oh , yes and dont forget to list cars for sale :D

a

A good site with restaurants in Korat is just what im looking for . I do not know of any here . Then again who would I go with if they only served farang food ?

Went to the bar in the Mall yesterday , take a look at the menu and try the " deep fried brief " :o .........oh yeah we need that site Mike, asap

Perhaps you need a new browser (or you are already hungover?) :D

It's up now. Maybe an ISP glitch earlier.

However, according to the site there are no places to contract hangovers in Surin. I can assure them that they far, far out on that conclusion!

:o

Why do you need that anyway? Just delve in to one of the 14 volumes you wrote :D

• 1 month later...

I recently opened a "Pizza Corner" in Surin...

If anybody is interrested in some Italian pizzas, english pies or pasta carbonara etc, please come by for a tasty meal...

Well! Tell them where it is then! :o:D:D

ok , call me psychic but im guessing Surin :D

So far, I've only received the two from roi et....

- which shows how useful your guide will be - well done !

As soon as I get together some info I will let you know. So far I don't know any farang-style restuarants around here...

Edit> on re-reading, my post could be read as a sarcastic remark - it is not intended that way, I think the guide will be very useful !

Edited by phibunmike

:o

I have this half-baked idea of putting up some sort of web page that would be a simple listing of restaurants in various cities in the northeast that would be of interest to the expat community. The motivation is based on our inability to locate such restaurants during our road trips in the region. The guidebooks I've looked at are not much help as they are out of date and quite incomplete. (For example, the omissions in the Korat section of the Lonely Planet guide are both numerous and inexplicable.)

Of course, such a project would require a lot of help from my fellow Isaan residents.

Would such a thing be of any use?

If so, would you be willing to help by providing me with restaurant information?

TIA

23 Steak House or Steak House 23 in Khon Kaen 2 doors from Eric's Bar which is between the Sofitel & Kosa Hotels.

Excellent Thai & Farang food owners have another restaurant in Pitt Street Sydney Australia, - English spoken by waiting staff.

Eat inside - Air conditioned or out on the front verandah under cover or order from Eric's Bar and they will walk it up - Recommended eatery frequented by many of the Sofitel & Kosa guests (who like good tucker at normal prices). :o

Another one in Khon Kaen "First Choice" opposite the car park of the Khon Kaen Hotel- Thai food & Farang includes club sandwich, pizza, fish & chips owned and operated by David & Dtoi good english & excellent Thai spoken.

As a side issue the Sofitel have an excellent buffet a bit pricey at 500+ but on the left as you walk in the front door a nice little bread & cake shop prices do not reflect the Sofitel (except if you have a sit down coffee thought I had paid for the cup & saucer as well :o )

Edited by mijan24

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...