Short Of Cash - Need A List Of Discos And Eateries That Accept Credit Card

Neole

Can't say for sure which ones do, and I know that is what you specifically asked for, but I would 100% recommend against it. I would recommend going to an ATM and making a one time cash advance. Yes you will be charged fees, and interest charges usually start immediately, depending on your Credit card type and bank, but I think that is much better than using the card at individual clubs. Unless of course, you plan on charging an awful lot of things. Using credit cards overseas is not always the best thing, theft, currency exchange rate issues, transaction fees for each transaction etc. I recommend a one time cash advance as the lesser of the two evils. Over the last 6 years of travel over there, I have done it once or twice. I recall using the "yellow" bank up off Central Pattaya Road across the street from Carre 4 (I was staying on Soii Yume). But just about any ATM would be just about the same, but your credit card company Visa, Master Card, etc. might call your phone number of record or otherwise try to contact you to double check it is not a suspicous transactgion.

Most of the farang-food restos in Pattaya accept credit cards...as do all the high-end eateries and hotels. Don't know about the discos or other clubs and bars.

care to name a few? Only one I can think of is sizzler.

Just about all...Fuji, Beefeaters, Cherry's, Tocino, Coffee Club, Gains, Bruno's, Mata Hari, Pan Pan.

The real question is who doesn't.

Most of the farang-food restos in Pattaya accept credit cards...as do all the high-end eateries and hotels. Don't know about the discos or other clubs and bars.

Just about all...Fuji, Beefeaters, Cherry's, Tocino, Coffee Club, Gains, Bruno's, Mata Hari, Pan Pan.

i did not think Fuji was farang food, only Japanese.

i did not think Fuji was farang food, only Japanese.

My definition of "farang food restos" = places where farangs eat. Of course, if you were a Japanese "farang" like me, then it to would also be a farang food resto :) There are also a few farang dishes at Fuji, including avocado salad, corn soup, salmon steaks, and vanilla ice-cream.

Most places you'd expect to take credit cards do. I've never had a problem using a credit card in Thailand wrt to fraud or currency exchange issues. Exchange rates have always been as in the contract, interbank plus a margin of 1-3% depending on the terms of the card.

Most places you'd expect to take credit cards do. I've never had a problem using a credit card in Thailand wrt to fraud or currency exchange issues.

Well I have. A couple of years ago I paid for a meal in one of those Japanese restaurants in Big C North Pattaya, and within a month my card was suddenly charged all sorts of luxury items in shops in Japan and Indonesia. Never been to either of the countries.

After long times arguments with the card company I eventually convinced them it was fraudulent charges, but I was without card for a couple of weeks from blocking the old card until a new arrived by courier, and I had to pay all the shipping and replacement charges myself.

Since then I only use my card in ATM's located in banks.

Well I have. A couple of years ago I paid for a meal in one of those Japanese restaurants in Big C North Pattaya, and within a month my card was suddenly charged all sorts of luxury items in shops in Japan and Indonesia. Never been to either of the countries.

Since then I only use my card in ATM's located in banks.

Sounds like you used a debit card, not a credit card. A credit card would be a non-issue, you report the charge a fraudulent and it is up to the merchant to prove that it is not. I would never use a debit card in anything other then an ATM...and even then I am careful.

I've had fraudulent charges in the twice over ten years. Zero issue with the credit card companies, both times they contacted before I even noticed as the charges were outside my usual pattern. I have a more then one card so that if one needs to be replaced I have alternates while I wait.