How Many Border Runs

Uhm, maybe it's just me, but I do not completely understand your question.......ohhhhhhh wait.........

your question is: How many 15-day border run stamps can you do?

I have no clue, about how many times....probably endless, because they dropped the rule of being here for 90 days and then leave the country for 90 days.

But just make a brief calculation:

15-day border runs means that you have to go 26 times per year to the border.

This will cost approx. THB 2,500 x 26 = THB 65,000 and of course.....it cost you 26 days.

For this amount it's easier to do a Thai course including ED-visa ((THB 35,000 incl govt'fee)or go to your home country once a year and obtain a non-immigrant one-year multiple entry (cost of return ticket + THB 5,000 visa fee + 4 times borderrun @ THB 2,500) visa there.

To be honest: I don't think that there are a lot of 15-day borderrunners.

Maybe there are even more and better solutions...........

Hard to get a direct answer to your question in these forums I know. To answer your question directly, as you wanted and asked, it is unlimited as long as you stay within normal visa exempt rules because they got rid of the 90 day rule.

15-day border runs means that you have to go 26 times per year to the border.

This will cost approx. THB 2,500 x 26 = THB 65,000 and of course.....it cost you 26 days.

The cost will depend on nationality. If no Cambodian visa is required it would only cost about 600 baht (transport only) per run.

The direct answer is that it is not unlimited and is at the discretion of Immigration. After 3 or 4 you are likely to be asked about working illegally and from that point on; if you can not provide a reasonable explanation, you run the risk of refusal or examination of the required 10,000 baht on your person for such entry.

The direct answer is that it is not unlimited and is at the discretion of Immigration. After 3 or 4 you are likely to be asked about working illegally and from that point on; if you can not provide a reasonable explanation, you run the risk of refusal or examination of the required 10,000 baht on your person for such entry.

Your answer is a bit confusing. Are you saying that it is not unlimited because they will ask you questions ??? Them asking questions is not them refusing you, its just checking !! Of course in any situation it is always down to the officer but this doesn't mean there is a limit.

The question here is whether there is an official limit to the amount. Is there and if so where is it stated ? Obviously the person concerned is not going to say 'oh yes I am working' or 'no I don't have money', I think it is a given that people will say the right things.

Anyway, as always it may not be consistent but I can give the OP direct experience as from July until October I was on exempt visa runs due to several problems. On my last run I was on 4 land-border runs and 2 flights within a 4 month period, no questions, no problems.

I appreciate I may of been lucky and a proper visa is always the best but as a temporary measure unless you mess up in a schoolboy error and/or do something wrong I cant see what problems you would have.

Edited by sgrkp