Perfect Place Ram 164

We are considering a move to Perfect Place in Ram 164, up near Minburi as we need more space in a home, and prices for 140sqw are more reasonable in this area.

However, I notice ALOT of homes for sale/rent in this moobaan (yes, it has alot of homes in it, but does seem to appear there's more on the market) - does anyone have any information or opinions on Perfect Place, is it a well-run and safe place, especially in terms of the future worth of property in that area?

Thanks

Hey Andy,

Do you mean Ramkhamhaeng 164? Look on Google maps. Its right next to Bang Chan industrial estate.

Never heard about Perfect Place.

I recommend you go check out the neighborhood a few times. Talk to the people there, ask around.

Go there on different days. Morning and evening.

If a lot of places are for sale, there is a reason. Asking prices?

140 talang wah? :blink:

indeed, thats what i am doing, but not always easy to get inside info on the pros and cons of the village.

if u look on Google maps, u will see its next to Ruam Rudee School, RIS, huge village, at bottom of soi 164.

Homes seem to be around 70,000 Baht per tal wah/sqw - much cheaper than just outside the city, eg around srinakarin/pattanakarn.

indeed, thats what i am doing, but not always easy to get inside info on the pros and cons of the village.

if u look on Google maps, u will see its next to Ruam Rudee School, RIS, huge village, at bottom of soi 164.

Homes seem to be around 70,000 Baht per tal wah/sqw - much cheaper than just outside the city, eg around srinakarin/pattanakarn.

It depends really on what you are looking for.

Are you looking to live on a moobaan and all that comes with it, security, monthly fees etc etc?

I know exactly where you mean, in my opinion there are better options available elsewhere, unless of course you are

buying for the convience of living in the area, there are a few teachers living up that way because of the schools in the nearby vicinity,

a few move up there because of children attending school in the area.

What attracted you to this area, will you be commuting to work every day, the traffic up that way is terrible.

Another factor to consider is why should land inside a wall be worth almost 2 or 3 times the land outside the wall.

In the Min Buri area land can be purchased starting at about 20,000 baht/tw.

There is another Perfect Place on On Nut rd in the Prawet area, I think its advertised as Perfect Place Suwanaphumi.

There are also other moobaans on Ramkhamhaeng rd in the same area that you may also want to consider, if you want to live in this area.

The standard of fixtures and fittings in my opinion leaves a lot to be desired for what you are paying,

140tw at 70k is almost 10 million just for the land, then what say another 4 or 5 million for the house, lucky to have change left out of 15 million,

or is the total price 10 million for a house sitting on 140 tw of land?

Another area you may consider is on the Eastern ring rd going on the BangNa Trat highway, instead of turning left to the airport head for BangNa,

on both sides of the road there are numerous moobaans, its the area where Gemopolis industrial estate is.

There was a TV member Dakhar (I think his user name was) who was selling in my opinon a much better build quality house in the same area but

on a smaller moobaan, think he wanted 7 million for it.

Send him a pm, havent seen him post for a while, hope he is ok.

It's next to RIS physically, but I'm not sure if you can access it from 164. I think the only access is Soi 184, not far, but not really near either.

Perfect Place... Perfect Property (just in name) IMO don't manage their properties quite as well (but they do a passable job) as Land and House or even Tararom in the same area. Just IMO.

:)

i visited perfect place to look at some rental properties about 12 months ago, they seems to be a lot of thai investors looking to rent out as its near the international school and quite a few sales mainly due to it being a little old now and maybe some thais who bought it at the brand new stage are maybe looking at selling and moving into a newer development thats what i would reason to there being a few houses for sale and rent

the main entrance soi from ram road has quite a few good restaurants and shops something that a lot of out of town moobans dont really have, the lake inside looks good. i dont know about recent burgalry rates, last year they had a few

Perfect place is pretty big but they don't have a direct access road onto Ramkhamheang. It is getting pretty congested on soi 164 but they have another entry/exit in the back. You are right if you do a internet search on second hand homes, there must be over 50 for sale in there. I think a much better option is Tararom Parkway Chalet soi 190/1. They they have a double access road to Ramkamheang, a huge athletic center and Big C and a Tesco/Home Pro just opened directly across the street. I only see a couple of second hand homes for sale but they have some new ones being built in the back. The build is also pretty solid.

Sinam

Edited by sinam

Thanks for the feedback, guys.

The prices I quoted above were for both land & house, hardly any plots of land only are for sale.

Another issue is that most plots are only around 70 sqw, whilst we are looking for 130+ sqw land and house, which isnt easy to find below a price of 10M :-(

Kind of crazy when one looks at the cost in developed countries, where the build is normally better and with a more developed valuation policy for selling on in the future.....

We did like the thought of being right next to a large lake, but there are so few homes like that, and the villages we have seen with this type of home dont currently have any for sale :-(

AndyFarang,

try looking at this link,

http://www.asiapropertyworld.com/properties/details-of-house-for-rent-bangkok-2970

Out thay way its possible to buy a rai of land on a golf course for 5 million baht, works out to 12,500 baht per t/w.

Build your own house for say 5 million, total cost 10 million, you will have a house built to a better standard and in a more desirable location.

The mrs and I were out that way the other week, one developer was wanting 1 million baht to increase the land size by 20 t/w, that works out at 50,000 baht per t/w,

needless to say we didnt continue the discussions.

rgs.....

funnily enough, we looked at Krisadanakorn Golf, and that home in particular, few months ago - problem is that the moo baan is very old and not many homes there + no facilities or shops nearby (which is strong selling point for Perfect Place) - land is cheap, sure, but the village doesnt look cared for and feels too isolated.

Building our own might be the way to go, but hard to find a decent village with land at a reasonable price. Prices seem to be not far short of middle England! very odd.....

@backfrom...

We actually looked at that place, not quite what we wanted as its got a limited garden (plus yapping dogs 2 doors up). It now appears the "normal" selling price is around 50K per tw, but the owners wouldnt negotiate (they own many properties, so obviously dont need the money, and will probably just wait a few years to get their desired price!) Its just not good value in our opinion.

@Arch...we will check that out, though good plots are hard to come by ;-)

AndyF,

the main problem you face with Bkk moo baans is the size of the plots, 60 or 70 tw seems to be the norm.

If buying on a development it may well be you will have to buy two plots and pay the marked up land prices.

Another problem to consider is where you will live and travel.

The moo baan the other side of Min Buri mentioned in the above link by Archimedes is a very nice development, you wouldnt even know you are in Thailand when you take a walk around.

However it suffers from a few problems, the traffic out that way is terrible, access to the expressway and nothing outside the moobaan, in fact the road its on is littered with various moo baans being constructed.

The 304 rd the other side of Min Buri is also littered with new developments.

Another option to consider is Rangsit or Lamlukka, bigger land plots and cheaper prices.

Lamlukka is very easy and convienent to get to, access by the outer ring road.

I would rather spend twenty minutes driving on the expressway than be stuck in traffic for 20 minutes.

There is a moo baan in Lamlukka (Warabodin I think its called) right next door to Big C, no more than a five minute drive to the expressway.

A lot of these moo baans suffer from the same problem, there is nothing on them apart from houses, and there is nothing outside them, in fact some may involve a 3 or 4 km drive from the main enterance to get to your house.

However, you will have peace and quiet, if thats what you want.

Everything is a compromise, the mrs is faced with a conundrum at the moment, she has found a moo baan she likes but doesnt like the houses on it, she has also found a house she likes but doesnt like where the moo baan is located, decisions decisions.

Just saw this topic, sorry for the late attention.

I do live in this Moo Baan "Perfect Place". We bought the house about 7 years ago and have been very happy there. The village is well taken care of, always clean and the streets and green areas are well maintained. They constantly improve (or at least try to), such as a new electronic access system to the village.

Prices have significantly increased since we bought our house, not a bad thing.

We do like the location, Ramkhamhaeng is a busy road but many schools, shops, supermarkets and "hot markets" (local fresh markets), street vendors in Soi 166, and - as someone mentioned - a second exit to Rom Klao for easy access to the airport.

If I have to drive to downtown Bangkok, I use the motorway 9 then 7 and usually am at e.g. Rachaprasong in 40 min.

If you have specific question, please feel free to contact me directly.

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw this topic, sorry for the late attention.

I do live in this Moo Baan "Perfect Place". We bought the house about 7 years ago and have been very happy there. The village is well taken care of, always clean and the streets and green areas are well maintained. They constantly improve (or at least try to), such as a new electronic access system to the village.

Prices have significantly increased since we bought our house, not a bad thing.

We do like the location, Ramkhamhaeng is a busy road but many schools, shops, supermarkets and "hot markets" (local fresh markets), street vendors in Soi 166, and - as someone mentioned - a second exit to Rom Klao for easy access to the airport.

If I have to drive to downtown Bangkok, I use the motorway 9 then 7 and usually am at e.g. Rachaprasong in 40 min.

If you have specific question, please feel free to contact me directly.

I have lived in soi 164 P/Place for 3 years.

the soi up to the electronic gate is very busy, but they cone the inside of R/hng road each morning, so its easy to get out on to the main road.

If i leave before 7 am, i can get to new petchaburi road ijn 45 mins , If i leave it later, it can be 1.5 hours, depending on rain etc.

After the electronic gates, its real quiet 7 well kept, no soi dogs etc.

In the 3 years i have been there, i didnt hear of anyone being robbed.

Theres a very good italian pizza/ restraunt, about 350 for a main meal.

theres also a farang bar called the Blue monkey, have a pool comp on Wed & live band(s) on Fridays 65 bht small bottle singha. (run by an Austrian).

For anyone considering renting DO NOT rent directly off perfect place. We made that mistake.

No one spoke English, even when you showed them a problem, they never bothered to fix it (couldnt use the front gate for a month etc etc) Took 5 months to get my bond back & even then I had to threaten legal action.

We now use a private landlord, he is great (not that we have had too many problems).

Any its a good family area.

RGS, Dom & Mark

Thanks for the input, some good ideas and helpful comments :-)

We are still keeping an eye on P/Place to see if any fair-priced properties come up, but also looking towards Minburi, and in Nimit Mai Road - nice fresh air, and only 15 mins to the Airport Rail Link at Lat Krabang.

I'm fortunate I can work at home alot and dont need to join the early morning rat race into town, so peak time traffic jams are not a main concern ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

I can only speak for myself but I will say, the others that are chiming in are fairly clueless as to what they are telling you. I have lived in Perfect Place for the past 1.5 years and Love it here. Wouldn't live anywhere else.

With regards to what others have said:

1. There IS direct access to Ramkhamhaeng from 164. How can one NOT know this, unless you haven't been up here.

2, Someone mentioned traffic is terrible. I disagree. I mean, where in BKK is traffic NOT terrible. But really, traffic in Minburi, is NOTHING like it is in central BKK. I am out ALL THE TIME, traveling between Minburi and Lad Krabang, easily in 15 to 20 minutes. As for going downtown, take the highway - no brainer. You can be in Ekamai in 15 minutes or on the river in an hour or less.

3. Our house is brand new (we rent) and the property manager is EXCELLENT. We have had very little problems and when something does arise, he is on it IMMEDIATELY.

4. The grounds are kept up exceedingly well. Prompt garbage and gardening services.

5. The club house is great. Nice pool, good gym with weight equipment, sauna, steam room, billiards room. There is a little grocery store and dry cleaning shop by the club. There is a driving range on the lake, lighted at night (although I think they may be removing that).

6. Security. Have not had a problem where we live and have not heard of any recent problems. There is security everywhere on the grounds.

7. 164 is a great little soi. Pretty much has everything we need to get by, Tesco Express, several great restaurants (Thai Food), a nice Italian restaurant and a couple of "night clubs/bars" and good massage places. One soi over on 166 and you can find all the fresh produce and street food you could want. Also, just 5 minutes away is a brand new Tesco Lotus and next to it a Big C. Carrefour is also in the hood and Fashion Island is jut 10 minutes away. You couldn't pay me to live in central BKK with what PP offers.

Yeah, you can find cheaper places, like Samakorn or Parkway Chalet - but they are not nearly as nice. Come up for a visit. Go to the propert office on the Lake by the Lake Zone and ask for "Too". He is outstanding in every way and will do what ever it takes to please you. Your best best is to come up and see it for yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

I can only speak for myself but I will say, the others that are chiming in are fairly clueless as to what they are telling you. I have lived in Perfect Place for the past 1.5 years and Love it here. Wouldn't live anywhere else.

1. There IS direct access to Ramkhamhaeng from 164. How can one NOT know this, unless you haven't been up here.

2, Someone mentioned traffic is terrible. I disagree. I mean, where in BKK is traffic NOT terrible. But really, traffic in Minburi, is NOTHING like it is in central BKK. I am out ALL THE TIME, traveling between Minburi and Lad Krabang, easily in 15 to 20 minutes. As for going downtown, take the highway - no brainer. You can be in Ekamai in 15 minutes or on the river in an hour or less.

3. Our house is brand new (we rent) and the property manager is EXCELLENT. We have had very little problems and when something does arise, he is on it IMMEDIATELY.

4. The grounds are kept up exceedingly well. Prompt garbage and gardening services.

5. The club house is great. Nice pool, good gym with weight equipment, sauna, steam room, billiards room. There is a little grocery store and dry cleaning shop by the club. There is a driving range on the lake, lighted at night (although I think they may be removing that).

6. Security. Have not had a problem where we live and have not heard of any recent problems. There is security everywhere on the grounds.

7. 164 is a great little soi. Pretty much has everything we need to get by, Tesco Express, several great restaurants (Thai Food), a nice Italian restaurant and a couple of "night clubs/bars" and good massage places. One soi over on 166 and you can find all the fresh produce and street food you could want. Also, just 5 minutes away is a brand new Tesco Lotus and next to it a Big C. Carrefour is also in the hood and Fashion Island is jut 10 minutes away. You couldn't pay me to live in central BKK with what PP offers.

Yeah, you can find cheaper places, like Samakorn or Parkway Chalet - but they are not nearly as nice. Come up for a visit. Go to the propert office on the Lake by the Lake Zone and ask for "Too". He is outstanding in every way and will do what ever it takes to please you. Your best best is to come up and see it for yourself.

Dear mmbkk,

Agree with you to 100%, living also at Perfect Place and we really love it.

Have a nice day!

Depends on what you mean by direct access. Some moobaans/developements own the road to major arteries (e.g. parkway chalet does, sammakorn too but control is lacking). Perfect place does not control soi 164 and therefore you have people parking everywhere clogging the soi up all the way to Ramkamheang proper. This will only get worse. I believe there is now another road to get out to Ramkhamhaeng proper. I believe it is soi 174 although you have to go through the sport clubs driveway to get to it.

15minutes? I think you are dreaming. The fastest I've gotten to ekamai BTS or vice versa is 25 minutes and that was in the middle of the night (speeding too). Ekamai is one of the worst roads for traffic. If you work in town it will take you more than 2 hours to get home to perfect place.

That is excellent you must have an excellent landlord. As for any moobaan/development you will hear stories good and bad. I have heard both for perfect place.

I would agree especially around the lake area.

Agreed excellent.

Agreed, security has improved over the years and I won't discuss a couple of events a couple of years ago. Now if they could just keep all the electronic gates open and running.

Soi 164 is a great "little" soi but you are using the term "night clubs" rather loosely. If not then please let me know where they are as I'm dying to check them out. The blue monkey is the only bar I see that is worth a visit. The italian restaurant is excellent and so are the thai restaurants, massages and vendors.

Samakorn and Parkway Chalet are just as nice (depending on what you are looking for) and as far as price goes there are many expensive places in Samakorn and Parkway. Perfect place also has cheap houses for sale (and rent but not through the office) There are many old ones if you take a look around. Samakorn has cheap and also has luxurious mansions. Parkway doesn't have cheap and I don't think they have at the high end luxurious either. From what I know Parkway is the best value and probably the only one I've seen appreciate in the last few years.

I'll also mention I've been living in this area for almost a decade and the development going on has been astounding over the years. Main roads got bigger but the traffic got worse (but development does bring some positives too). The falang population is also getting worse (just joking :) i mean larger.

You've been here 18 months? Just wait you won't recognize the place in 18 more. I only write to give balance from someone who has observed and experienced things a little longer. I will say I like all of the places mentioned and others not mentioned. One poster also mentioned it wasn't good outside the perfect place gates. I have many friends who absolutely love living along soi 164 and side streets. Very cheap and good value. Like anywhere find good landlords who have good references.

BangkokEast

• 1 year later...

Hi, im looking to move to perfect place, does anyone have any owners phone numbers handy? looking to keep it under 50,000 baht per month unless its very very nice. thanks in advance.

ps please dont mention the on site office as they will only rent to ris teachers. Also have already spoken to the agency outside on soi 164.

thanks