Hostel In Kuala Lumpur

counrikke

hey bro, im also looking for some cheap hostels/hotels in KL, ill be flying into KL in december and i need someplace cheap to stay. from what ive heard so far from a friend, when i fly in ill take the bus to KL sentral and there i should find relatively cheap hotels. thats all i know but id like to know more so im looking forward to replies

TUNE Hotel in KL is basic cheap and central.............

http://www.tunehotels.com/our-hotels/downtown-kl

• 5 mins walk to Medan Tuanku Monorail station for direct access to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) via KL Sentral LRT station (28 mins by express train to KLIA).
  • 5 mins by taxi to KLCC shopping centre & Petronas Twin Towers, the world's tallest twin towers
  • 10 mins walk to Heritage Row, KL's hottest nightspots. 5 mins by taxi down the road to KL's best clubs on Jalan Sultan Ismail

Edited by CharlieH

Jalan Petaling or Petaling Street also known as Chinatown has cheap hotel rooms. Check out www.stayorange.com. I dont know how good it is coz i just past by it. A few blocks away there are also cheap rooms (below are reggae bar). Sorry cant remember the name.

+1 on the Tune Hotel rec.

But beware of the tiny, tiny rooms.

TUNE Hotel in KL is basic cheap and central.............

http://www.tunehotels.com/our-hotels/downtown-kl

• 5 mins walk to Medan Tuanku Monorail station for direct access to Kuala Lumpur International Airport (KLIA) via KL Sentral LRT station (28 mins by express train to KLIA).
  • 5 mins by taxi to KLCC shopping centre & Petronas Twin Towers, the world's tallest twin towers
  • 10 mins walk to Heritage Row, KL's hottest nightspots. 5 mins by taxi down the road to KL's best clubs on Jalan Sultan Ismail

Go to any of the hostel booking sites and read the reviews for each property carefully.

I personally like the single room and overall ambiance at the Red Palm in Bulit Bintang a lot (not crazy about their dorm) and also stay at Equator Hostel close to the Imbi Monorail station.

http://www.redpalm-kl.com/

If it is a hostel you want with only dorm beds then I would suggest Bedz KL, close to Bukit Bintang and almost opposite the Radius International Hotel. Very good location.

The Classic Inn at the back of Times Square is a good guesthouse.

There is also the local YMCA hotel, with rooms at around RM 80.00 per night. I do believe they take reservations. It is within walking distance from KL Sentral station. My Hotel also opened up 2 new hotels in this area. The rooms advertise for around 80 - 90 RM per night. The Korea Hotel is also nearby, but as it is on Jalan Scott, you may have to walk a couple of blocks to get to it. The rooms there, last I checked, advertised for RM 70 per night and above.

I can recommend Citin Pudu, close to the Bus Terminal and walking distance to Bukit Bintang for your nightlife and shopping experience. Another hotel is Ciitn Masjid Jamek, close to a LRT station and also in the main city centre, walking distance to little india and central market! I believe rates are starting at MYR 99++ per night

I can also recommend the Tune Hotel in Kl and there are now several others in Malaysia and also one in Bali. All very modern and good service.

unlike at other places such as Penang, Kuching or Bintulu, TUNEHOTEL in KL is usually VERY EXPENSIVE or even FULLY BOOKED due to its popularity (no wonder as they are the same company as AIR ASIA). In many cases, those (windowless) rooms will be more expensive than a 3-star Hotel in KL, particularly when u book juts a few days in advance.

there are plenty of small friendly hostels near Bukit Bintang, in Changkat Bukit Bintang, for example.

the OP would made it easier to give a recommendation when providing us with more details about the requirements and the budget.

In general, KL is not exactly a "Backpacker's heaven", though things seem to improve a lot comparing to just 5 years ago or so.

I can recommend Citin Pudu, close to the Bus Terminal and walking distance to Bukit Bintang for your nightlife and shopping experience. Another hotel is Ciitn Masjid Jamek, close to a LRT station and also in the main city centre, walking distance to little india and central market! I believe rates are starting at MYR 99++ per night

right now, Citin Pudu is to be had at RM 99 net (no BF included in that rate, though). they are suffering from the fact that Puduraya Bus Terminal is temporarily closed for "renovations" (and in Malaysia, such thing can take ages ^^ ).

Good thing about Citin Pudu is that you usually have a (weak, but sufficient) signal of the citywide free WIRELESS@KL - network.

it is Hotel with 100+ rooms, though, not a hostel.

and basic for sure

My Hotel KL

5min walk from KL Sentral Station

this one is excellent value for money, as long as you ignore the rude Front-Desk-staff.

Less than 2 years old, free in-room-Wifi, clean tiled floors. an OLD TOWN Chain-coffee-shop on the ground floor serving some decent Malaysian fare (think of a Nasi-Lemak-Brekkie).

most probably the best value for money in that price range and therefore running at an occupancy rate of 99 - 99,5%.

the patrons can be a noisy bunch, though