Nok Air

eek

Just checked the NokAir website and no flights for any days/dates this month are coming up.

Does anyone know if Nok Air have canceled the route again? I thought it ran throughout this "peak" season.

hi eek ... the travel shoppe told me about three weeks ago nok had just stopped flying to udon thani

and they had no idea when or if they will start again coz i wanted to fly there early december

dave2

ps ... they quoted me laos airways cm to luang prabang .... vientiene return @ 10600 baht which i will probably do instead coz i hate flying through bkk

Hi Eek,

I just got back from VTE trip and had to fly through BKK as well. Nok Air seems to only fly in summertime.

I used AirAsia to go there and Thai Airways to come back (better times on Thai for flight back). Not too expensive, I guess all in all about THB 8000 round trip.

I think this came up around the end of September. Nok themselves were being vague, saying that they did not know if flights would be restored, one agent did not even know they'd canceled. But certainly not available now, alas. (I think it was "Lost" who speculated that the route has not been profitable for anyone.)

Several attempts have been made to operate a Chiang Mai - Udon route over the past few years, as they've all disapeared after a short while, sadly I guess the route is simply unprofitable. Which is a shame as any flight that connects CNX with the rest of the country whilst avoiding Bangkok must be good for the city. The CNX - Phuket flight has proved very popular and has brought lots of new tourists up here.

Several attempts have been made to operate a Chiang Mai - Udon route over the past few years, as they've all disapeared after a short while, sadly I guess the route is simply unprofitable. Which is a shame as any flight that connects CNX with the rest of the country whilst avoiding Bangkok must be good for the city. The CNX - Phuket flight has proved very popular and has brought lots of new tourists up here.

In the pass 5 years If my memory has not gone by by I recall three airline have given this route a go between CNX and Udon or Khon Kean. Thai Airways, SGA and Nok Air. They all stopped after a short period. The bottom line is there is not enough passengers for this route, sad but true. If your going on a visa run to Vientiane and you want to fly you have two choices fly to Bangkok and then Lao Air or CNX to Vientiane.