Info For 1St Time Visit Visa For Wife To Uk

Hi Guys,

I'm looking for some info about getting a visitors visa for my thai wife to come to visit me for 3 weeks at christmas in the uk.

we have been together nearly a year, (actually a year tomorrow, i'm glad i remembered that !) we lived together with joint names on tennant agreament since february, married late august a few weeks before i came back to uk to work to support us, cos i was cr#p at teaching english in thailand, i admit we married so it would better for her to come into the uk in the future but also to give her some security while i was away and because i knew "she was the one" (i have been in Thailand about half the time since 2002 so not too naive, but you do learn somting new every day, eh?).

we have quite alot of evidence of partnership and she keeps renting her appartment and separate shop in chiang mai so i hope that would be enough proof to return but because i was in Thailand for almost a year i nearly spent all the cash i had and only started working since mid september and have little savings yet because of getting sorted again - car, bills etc. although she works self employed as a private tutor and would have the cash for the plane ticket and visa, i would sponser and support her while here,

we would like to know how much cash i would need to show to imigration before applying and it being succesful, basically how soon she can apply? cos we would like to book tickets and make plans. i take home about 500 english a week and by christmas will have enough no problem, is that ok for them with a letter of proof from boss and some payslips up to now? would it be better to borrow a couple of grand from a friend long term to stick in the bank to show them? any other advice?

many thanks

phil n som

We are talking about a UK Visitors visa I presume ?

UK VISA

I note you are married so its a Family visit visa you require which attracts the right of appeal should you get refused a visa.

The main reason for many applications fail is the reason to return to Thailand, has she any assets and ties which may encourage her presence here ?

Yes it will be a uk family visit visa.

the only physical things to return to, apart from family, are rented apartment, rented shop, motorcycle, washing machine, i know not much, the landlady of the shop can say she has many thai students who study with her (her ocupation) and she will state that she needs to return to continue teaching, alas no other documents of employment, i think the main thing that we can say is that we hope for her to eventually settle in the uk and work in medical field and in no way do we want to jepardise that application

the reason we hope to get her here so soon for christmas is i we both will have free time, not sure when again.

• 3 weeks later...

we got the visa no problems. she had appointment for monday morn 22nd but arrive early so did it first thing, had text to inform was proccessed and sent to courier wednesday afternoon, it arrive chiang mai thursday 25th morning. :D probably smooth because of researching this forum, thanks guys :jap: we didn't even use the letters from students folks :whistling:

we got the visa no problems. she had appointment for monday morn 22nd but arrive early so did it first thing, had text to inform was proccessed and sent to courier wednesday afternoon, it arrive chiang mai thursday 25th morning. :D probably smooth because of researching this forum, thanks guys :jap: we didn't even use the letters from students folks :whistling:

Wow...that is quick! :D

Congratulations...she should be here just in time for the snow! ;):lol:

RAZZ