What Is A Fair Wage?

Just wondering what is a fair wage for a pharang employee in a pharang company in BKK?

You mean like a manager in a go-go bar??? :D

If you were a bit more specific (years of experience, position, type of industry), you may perhaps get a few leads here. At the moment, you just have people wondering if you're a troll.... :o

Its a US Company (details I cannot disclose), outside contracting position in the research field, bonuses dependant on results. International client list. Hrs, however long each job lasts. Thats all I know at this time. Salary to be negotiated.

with your exact details I would say 15.000 to 300.000 THB per month.

if you want it more exact than you must share some informations.....

what you describe can be nearly every kind of job, even a bar girl does match your description:

outside contracting position: YES

research field: YES a lot to research

bonuses dependant on results: YES of course

International client list: YES of course

Its a US Company (details I cannot disclose), outside contracting position in the research field, bonuses dependant on results. International client list. Hrs, however long each job lasts. Thats all I know at this time. Salary to be negotiated.

With or without a Work Permit?

Paid in Thailand in Thai Baht (tax payable) or paid offshore in US$ (tax paid or none applicable)?

Package to include or exclude accomodation, travel, living expenses?

Many variables to weigh up before deciding a "fair" wage or package deal... :o

Just wondering what is a fair wage for a pharang employee in a pharang company in BKK?

Assuming you've got skills a thai doesn't have you should get at least double taxfree of what you would get in your homecountry for doing the same work.

Add to that free accommodation, car, medical etc.

ask for 100,000 baht and that should be enough to cover everything.

ask for 100,000 baht and that should be enough to cover everything.

:o provided you don't have a Thai wife or gf - in which case, you may want to double that :D

22 posts from the OP. Each one a gem. What's it like to live in Chiang Mai? Who's got some good business ideas? Websites to buy businesses? And now this one . .

He's either a troll or very indecisive.

And I would never employ a farang so disconnected from his environment to spell it pharang.

22 posts from the OP.  Each one a gem.  What's it like to live in Chiang Mai?  Who's got some good business ideas?  Websites to buy businesses?  And now this one  . .

And I would never employ a farang so disconnected from his environment to spell it pharang.

Not indecisive or a troll!! Just keeping options open at the mo!! If your in the know already and you think the opsts are pointless. DON'T ****in read them and least of all don't make sarcastic comments about spelling! When you are perfect, let me know!!

22 posts from the OP.  Each one a gem.  What's it like to live in Chiang Mai?  Who's got some good business ideas?  Websites to buy businesses?  And now this one  . .

Not indecisive or a troll!! Just keeping options open at the mo!! If your in the know already and you think the opsts are pointless. DON'T ****in read them and least of all don't make sarcastic comments about spelling! When you are perfect, let me know!!

now then children settle down please,bendix and boredofengland change seats so you aren't sitting near each other....

Thats strange he has 16 post

I think you should hire him, bendix & start him @ 100,000/mo. His spelling is better than that of many others here .....

farung, falang, falung, felang, falange, feline, flang, fahloong, fahlung etc. are just some of the examples I've come across here or elsewhere -- two educated faroooongs just asked me the other day, "where's Tucows Lotoot?"

Sullani exudes vapors of "harmlessness" -- I like him. :o

I think you should hire him, bendix & start him @ 100,000/mo. His spelling is better than that of many others here .....

farung, falang, falung, felang, falange, feline, flang, fahloong, fahlung etc. are just some of the examples I've come across here or elsewhere -- two educated faroooongs just asked me the other day, "where's Tucows Lotoot?"

Sullani exudes vapors of "harmlessness" -- I like him. :D

:D:D:D

This just in -- he's from the UK!

QED! Do I need any further proof for my Axioms? :o:D:D

Sullani exudes vapors of "harmlessness" -- I like him. :D

:D:D:D

This just in -- he's from the UK!

QED! Do I need any further proof for my Axioms? :o:D:D

Another Dodger :D

REFERANCE THE ROUGH GUIDE TO Thailand

Rat or raja?

There's no standard system of transliterating Thai script into Roman

Bearing in mind that a classic variant for the town Ayutthaya is Ayudia, while among street names, Thanon Rajavithi could out as Thanon Ratwithi

So whats happend to the troll OP then he has not surfaced for a while his posts did make good reading has he been scared off :o:D:D

35,00 a month sounds good.

But that is always negotiable.

I thought you would at least get 4,000 a month Mattt :o

I know, it isn't much, but the perks and allowances make up for the rest. Yep, salary is actually 4,500 a month, thats all.

Then there's a whole swag of allowances paid on top of that. Some, I can't even get a translation for, and others I don't understand why I am paid them....

1. Allowance for upkeep of family as domestic worker. 21,000 per month. Does this assume I employ my wife or a member of her family ?

2. Garden Upkeep 9,500 per month - I live in a high-rise, the nearest garden would be in Queen Sirikit park.

But it goes in the bank each month.

I know, it isn't much, but the perks and allowances make up for the rest. Yep, salary is actually 4,500 a month, thats all.

Then there's a whole swag of allowances paid on top of that. Some, I can't even get a translation for, and others I don't understand why I am paid them....

1. Allowance for upkeep of family as domestic worker. 21,000 per month. Does this assume I employ my wife or a member of her family ?

2. Garden Upkeep 9,500 per month - I live in a high-rise, the nearest garden would be in Queen Sirikit park.

But it goes in the bank each month.

Sounds like the joys of Thai taxation rules. Allowances, allowances...

Back to the original post - it really does depend on what you do for a living, what experience you've got, if a work permit is covered (i.e. you're working legally), and if it's for a big multi-national, or for a local Thai firm.