Very Bad Hard Water Stains In Toilet

mellow1

We have well water, the water is hard, and the stains keep on increasing. I don't seem to be able to find a product which will git rid of the stains. Please help, if you have found something which works.

Edited by mellow1

Maybe need to use bleach, or at least to start..

Myself soak the round floor mop in bleach in the toilet overnight = mop and toilet is white again.. but do this rarely as clean the floors everyday with 'Duck then tip the bucket of used water down the toilet, put in the mop and clean, flush a couple of time keeps the toilet + mop very clean.

Otherwise you can buy 'caustic soda flakes' very cheap at hardware stores.. also very good to keep the drains and pipes clean, best results is to boil some water, works much better with hot/boiling water.. 1/2 kg bag is 13 baht. 1lt Bleach is 69 baht.. maybe more expensive in Supermarkets.

have 5 dogs so also lots of hair on mop toilet is ideal for cleaning mop.

Edited by ignis

It is probably Iron. That is what I see most but the water is very hard so it could be many things.

Vinegar is about the strongest you would want to use in a toilet. Hydrocloric or muraticacid will eat the finish of the ceramic.

Hasn't worked.

I always use that liquid stuff you poor into the drain to clean my sinks and bathtub, I don't know what it is but it burns and bites my stainless steel kitchen sink and stone bathroom sink clean like it was new. I'd throw it into the toilet as well myself, had no idea this could be bad is it true what Gonsalvis sais?