Dogs Owners On Housing Estates In Bangkok.

KeiranBrown

Should Dogs Run Free in Private Villages?  

45 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Fed up with dogs running around your nice Private Village?

Please support my causeon Facebook. Been here 10 years now, i expect to see soi dogs everywhere,accept in private villages where there are signs that prohibit dogs runningfreely around. We live on a large village; there are several people that won'there reason. I ask them, keep your dogs, inside your property and take it for awalk when it needs exercise.

The answer is "Itsbig dog needs to go out" - unacceptable.

If you have a smallhouse u need a small dog or no dog.

Am I on my own here, imean why should next doors dogs piss outside my house where my 6 year old daughter plays?

Please don't boot me offhere. Given my despair, I'm being very PC and polite. I just want to know if I'mon my own here...or does anyone else think it's unacceptable.

I am expecting"TIT" comments. Please don't bother, as i said above, privatevillages especially mine, has signs prohibiting dogs running freely with no doglead. TIT comments not needed thanks. Tell me I'm wrong if i am but pleaseexplain why so i understand it myself or post your opinions, ineed some back up.

Driving me bananas and the authorities don't helpas usual.

post-117324-0-72730800-1289021501_thumb.

I think you're right, but as "TIT" you won't get anywhere with any kind of complaint or petition or whatever.

We've got 'em in my area and sometimes they dump right outside my front door, usually on the grass, but once actually on the step.

I know there's nothing practical I can do about it other than fume. Maybe put out some ground meat with additives? I've heard that's a pretty common Thai solution. Wouldn't do it myself, but ....

Private village - signs - kinda like traffic signs, eh?

I fully support the idea that dogs should not be allowed to roam free but to try and do something about it on facebook has given me the biggest smile for a while. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I don't suppose it has occured to you to go and visit the other houses on the estate and voice your opinions ? :o Try a letter to each household in English and Thai ? Or try the Poo Yai of the Moo Baan

I gave up on Facebook a while ago. I got fed up with saddo's asking if I wanted to be a pirate or what type of Mitchel was I or what was I doing right now etc. I found it was a site for people without proper friend they go out and meet with. Who actually cares or wants to know what you are doing right now ? :shock1::sorry: Just my 2 satangs worth

You are right in everything you said.. ..Additives huh. Would love to get rid of these mutts..its not the dogs fault after all though. It is the fault of the irresponsibly owners.

There is/was a series of adverts on UK TV years ago(maybe still not sure) - A gorgeous puppy dog out on the streets with nowhere to live..."Dogs are not just for Christmas" or something. a very effective advert i feel, they need something like that here.

We don't have much trouble with stray dogs here in Viet Nam, I wonder why? :whistling:

I understand where you are coming from, when I lived on a small estate in Thailand the mangy curs used to squeeze under my gate and p1ss and sh1t all over. I wouldn't recommend the meat with "additives" option as apart from killing one of God's wonderful little creatures ( :bah: ) it will be well known to the ex owners who did it.

In short, there's not much you can do about it if the owners won't listen unless you get the rest of the estate on your side.

btw dog meat, whilst okay with the right sauces, is very chewy. :ermm:

I fully support the idea that dogs should not be allowed to roam free but to try and do something about it on facebook has given me the biggest smile for a while. :cheesy: :cheesy: :cheesy:

I don't suppose it has occured to you to go and visit the other houses on the estate and voice your opinions ? :o Try a letter to each household in English and Thai ? Or try the Poo Yai of the Moo Baan

I gave up on Facebook a while ago. I got fed up with saddo's asking if I wanted to be a pirate or what type of Mitchel was I or what was I doing right now etc. I found it was a site for people without proper friend they go out and meet with. Who actually cares or wants to know what you are doing right now ? :shock1::sorry: Just my 2 satangs worth

I am not the biggest fan of facebook myself, however making a quick page was a good relaxant.

I found it was a site for people without proper friend they go out and meet with.

Dunc, you should view the " You know you've been in Thailand too long " thread cos with writing like that, i think you have....:D

Edit : I voted no of course, i too have a young Daughter who likes to play outside & if we have Dogs about, i chase them with a Broom & have a Water Gun thing that i chase them with at times too..

Gospel truth..

I do also have a Gate on our Property which i close & they can't get in at night so i'm lucky there i suppose, or smart..;)

Edited by MSingh

Yup, tried all the above already, except, Poo Yai. My wife is on that at the moment, we have a committee on the estate, but they are the ones who put the useless signs up. lol

I do also have a Gate on our Property which i close & they can't get in at night so i'm lucky there i suppose, or smart..;)

We have a gate but the dogs p*ss outside it where all the kids play badminton. Its all semi-pedestrianized, T-Style - Road/Playground.

Also these dogs that run around freely, go pee on the gate of other houses who also have dogs but keep them in the garden. Can u imagine being a dog, locked in ur garden and some other mutt comes and pee's on your territory? lol. first thing i would do is bark. which is exactly whats happens, these few dogs run around and pee off all the other dogs and the whole estate sounds like a big dog sanctuary.

If you pay a monthly estate fee, go to the estate managers office and refuse to pay your monthly fees until somethings done about your problem. Thais usually jump to attention when you hit their pockets. Where I live in outer BKK people leave their gates open during the day and lock their lovable dogs out in the sois all night. of course like all things in Thailand no one is remotely responsible for anything.

We have a gate but the dogs p*ss outside it where all the kids play badminton. Its all semi-pedestrianized, T-Style - Road/Playground.

Also these dogs that run around freely, go pee on the gate of other houses who also have dogs but keep them in the garden. Can u imagine being a dog, locked in ur garden and some other mutt comes and pee's on your territory? lol. first thing i would do is bark. which is exactly whats happens, these few dogs run around and pee off all the other dogs and the whole estate sounds like a big dog sanctuary.

Bit of a mare really then..

I don't know what the answer would be, but i wouldn't be happy with the Animal's sh*tting & p*ssing where my Children played, at all..

Are there any Scent kind of things that may keep Dogs away from an area ??

Maybe soemthing to look into, haven't got a clue what else you could do really, unless you buy one of them Catapult things..

Dog Sh*t & P*ss could be dangerous for teh Kids too at the end of the day..

Here we go..

Also, & i don't know if it was this, but i recall seeing an Advert ( think i wa sin the States at the time ) where people had this kind of device that would make Dogs not come near an area, had soemthign to do with Infrasound if my memory serves me right..

Anyway, thsi is what i found..

http://www.amazon.com/Dog-Dazer-II-Ultrasonic-Deterrent/dp/B001E0L5YA

"Am I on my own here, imean why should next doors dogs piss outside my house where my 6 year old daughter plays?"

Or from the dog owners point of view, "why can't he take his daughter to a playground ..... or keep her on his property"

I just hate it when other people's kids play out in the road making a racket and vandalising everything.

I found it was a site for people without proper friend they go out and meet with.

Dunc, you should view the " You know you've been in Thailand too long " thread cos with writing like that, i think you have....:D

Edit : I voted no of course, i too have a young Daughter who likes to play outside & if we have Dogs about, i chase them with a Broom & have a Water Gun thing that i chase them with at times too..

Gospel truth..

So let me get this right.

I think Facebook is a load of crap full of people with no real life and you say it is because I have been in Thailand too much. JEEEEZ No doubt you are one of those people who are posting here when for some reason Facebook cannot be accessed and are in sheer panic as they cannot update their status. Just what the <deleted> has not liking facebook has to do with being in Thailand I fail to see ? :o

Maybe it is you that has been here too long my friend ;)

As said if you bothered to read my post I am fully against dogs roaming free, as a responsible dog owner just not a big fan of Facebook or the people who use it.

I stand by what I said last post apart from the sorry bit!

Edited by H2oDunc

I adapted to the thai way and i let my dogs roam free. Its quite nice for them to go out free 3 times a day without me. Other owners let their dogs out all day I don't. So i wont be supporting you this is just the Thai way. And yes dogs will pee and shit its their nature. There are no designated places for it and you will never see a Thai with a poop scoop so why would i make a fool out of myself. Also if all the owners would do then there are still the soi dogs.

Why has your daughter more rights then my dogs ? Anyway if all the Thais would change i would too. But that aint going to happen so better get used to it.

I noticed recently whilst on other housing estates that some residents surround their property with bottles of water. This apparently keeps the dogs away. It makes the house look a mess and brings down the aesthetics of the estate but I guess that's the Thai way.

I noticed recently whilst on other housing estates that some residents surround their property with bottles of water. This apparently keeps the dogs away. It makes the house look a mess and brings down the aesthetics of the estate but I guess that's the Thai way.

I saw that on a few houses, always wondered what the bottle were for!

"Am I on my own here, imean why should next doors dogs piss outside my house where my 6 year old daughter plays?"

Or from the dog owners point of view, "why can't he take his daughter to a playground ..... or keep her on his property"

I just hate it when other people's kids play out in the road making a racket and vandalising everything.

Housing estate, private, every house has children who play outside. The children here are well behaved and do not vandalize everything. all the children here are below the age of ten. Dogs should be kept inside an owners property. simple. What about if the dog attacks a child. what about if a dog attacks your child. what about if a dog sh*ts on the grass area that we have that is designed for children to play on. it is not designed for dogs. if u cant take ur dog for walk in a civilized manner then u shouldn't have dog. u are obviously referring to noisy arrogant kids who haven't been taught how to act in society . I feel sorry for you living in a place where people cant train their children or dogs.laugh.gif

U obviously hate kids. whereas i love kids and dogs....whistling.gif.....and i have one of both. my dog sits in our front garden and doesn't bark. i love dogs. i have had dogs all my life. i take care of my dog. It sh*ts in "my" garden and i clean it up. Other dogs are let out and shit outside my house and i have to clean it up.... shouldn't the owner of the dog be cleaning up the shit from his own house. oh but i forgot thats why they let them out in the first place so the dog goes and sh*ts elsewhere and the dog owner doest have to clean it up. perfect.laugh.gif

I adapted to the thai way and i let my dogs roam free. Its quite nice for them to go out free 3 times a day without me. Other owners let their dogs out all day I don't. So i wont be supporting you this is just the Thai way. And yes dogs will pee and shit its their nature. There are no designated places for it and you will never see a Thai with a poop scoop so why would i make a fool out of myself. Also if all the owners would do then there are still the soi dogs.

Why has your daughter more rights then my dogs ? Anyway if all the Thais would change i would too. But that aint going to happen so better get used to it.

Haha, I know what you mean about looking like a fool. The first time I did it, I felt silly but I persevered, now it's as natural as walking the dog daily. All neighbours know I do that. One neighbor did nothing when I complained abt his pet poo-ing at my front gate. So one day I shovelled it up and deposited it at his gate. I said to him that I saw his dog pooped at my gate so here it is! In hindsight, it was very reactive and silly of me, but maybe because they know I religiously pick up my dog's poo, I got away with it? Anyway, the dogs now poos elsewhere, not ideal but problem partially solved! The neighbour still smiles as I walk by, probably considers me a nutter but never mind, I think they got the message.

Haha, I know what you mean about looking like a fool when picking up poop. The first time I did it, I felt silly but I persevered, now it's as natural as walking the dog daily. All neighbours know I do piuck up after my dog. One neighbor did nothing when I complained abt his pet poo-ing at my front gate. So one day I shovelled it up and deposited it at his gate. I said to him that I saw his dog pooped at my gate so here it is! In hindsight, it was very reactive and silly of me, but maybe because they know I religiously pick up my dog's poo, I got away with it? Anyway, the dogs now poos elsewhere, not ideal but problem partially solved! The neighbour still smiles as I walk by, probably considers me a nutter but never mind, I think they got the message.

The only real run in I've had with a Thai was with a woman where I used to live who'd walk her Dalmation up our street and allow it to shit right outside my gate. Literally about a foot from where I backed my car out. Lose face, kreng jai, whatever be damned. I told her in no uncertain terms not to do that.

Later her husband saw my then soon to be wife in the street and told her that I was very rude. Whatever.

Haha, I know what you mean about looking like a fool. The first time I did it, I felt silly but I persevered, now it's as natural as walking the dog daily. All neighbours know I do that. One neighbor did nothing when I complained abt his pet poo-ing at my front gate. So one day I shovelled it up and deposited it at his gate. I said to him that I saw his dog pooped at my gate so here it is! In hindsight, it was very reactive and silly of me, but maybe because they know I religiously pick up my dog's poo, I got away with it? Anyway, the dogs now poos elsewhere, not ideal but problem partially solved! The neighbour still smiles as I walk by, probably considers me a nutter but never mind, I think they got the message.

Cracker! Love it.

Maybe they make a 'KID NOISE CONTROLLER" for those kids thats pee u off you.laugh.gif

No you're not on your own. Give me a dog, or even several, 'pissing up my gates/car tyres/whatever, than the screaming little brats allowed to disturb my peace and quiet because the parents are simply too idle to take them to a park/movie/beach/whatever, any bloody day.

No you're not on your own. Give me a dog, or even several, 'pissing up my gates/car tyres/whatever, than the screaming little brats allowed to disturb my peace and quiet because the parents are simply too idle to take them to a park/movie/beach/whatever, any bloody day.

Again, the kids on our estate are well behaved, some of u need to look where u live...laugh.gif maybe give he parents some parenting classes. Theres no noisy kids on our estate and every house has kids...laugh.gif