Can I Stay Here If I Am Taken Care For By My Wife And Children And Wife?

I am coming up to sixty next month, and wondered if I can extend my visa without having an income or cash in the bank. I ask as Thai people who retire are supported by their family, and I wonder if the same Thai law would apply to us non Thai husbands with children who live here.whistling.gif

"I ask as Thai people who retire are supported by their family, and I wonder if the same Thai law would apply to us non Thai husbands with children who live here."

Exactly what law do you think that would be?

Do you really think there is a law that says a Thai can stay in Thailand to be taken care of by other Thai's? Is there a law like that in your country?

As posted above, an account with 400k, in your name, is all immigration is interested in. With that, you should be good. They don't normally investigate the source of the money, but even if they did, it could be easily explainable.

So the law is different for non Thai people then.

No, it is not different. Thailand has no immgration law for Thai people. The immigration law is exclusively for foreigners, ie non-Thai people. Therefore, no comparison beween Thai and non-Thai people is possible.

As said, the income has to be in your name or if money in the bank route the money has to be in an account in your name. But no problem with your wife or children donating you the 400,000 baht.

See how easy it is, a99az, to get annual extensions of stay without having any income and without a single Baht of savings of your own, simply being supported by your wife and/or children?

Step 1: Open a savings account in your own name, if you don't have one already, with a little money given to you by your wife and/or children.

Step 2: Your wife and/or children transfer a minimum of 400,000 Baht to your bank account.

Step 3: Three months later, you apply for your annual extension of stay for the reason of living with your Thai wife. You receive an extension of stay for 30 days whilst your application is under consideration.

Step 4: One month later you receive approval of the one-year extension of stay.

Repeat the above procedure every year, with your wife and/or children replenishing your bank account to a minimum balance of 400,000 Baht at least three months before the date of your new application for extension of stay.

I'd have to agree that Thailand had some draconian immigration laws if Thai people had to apply for yearly extensions to stay in their own country. If they didn't meet the requirement where would they go? :D

A friend of mine who doesn't work gets his marriage visa through his wife's income. 400,000 in the bank or 40,000 per month income is needed for the visa and your income can be combined with your wife's income to make up the 40,000. As her income is over 40,000 per month, he doesn't have to work.

A friend of mine who doesn't work gets his marriage visa through his wife's income. 400,000 in the bank or 40,000 per month income is needed for the visa and your income can be combined with your wife's income to make up the 40,000. As her income is over 40,000 per month, he doesn't have to work.

That information is wrong. As of Nov. 2008 the income can no longer be combined with the income from the misses. It has to be the foreign husbands income only. (Foreign woman married to a Thai husband don't have to show income).

Till Nov. 2009 immigration had the discretion to also consider the Thai wife's income for old cases, but that is no longer the case.

Income or money in the bank has to be the foreign husbands only.

As said, the income has to be in your name or if money in the bank route the money has to be in an account in your name. But no problem with your wife or children donating you the 400,000 baht.

See how easy it is, a99az, to get annual extensions of stay without having any income and without a single Baht of savings of your own, simply being supported by your wife and/or children?

Step 1: Open a savings account in your own name, if you don't have one already, with a little money given to you by your wife and/or children.

Step 2: Your wife and/or children transfer a minimum of 400,000 Baht to your bank account.

Step 3: Three months later, you apply for your annual extension of stay for the reason of living with your Thai wife. You receive an extension of stay for 30 days whilst your application is under consideration.

Step 4: One month later you receive approval of the one-year extension of stay.

Repeat the above procedure every year, with your wife and/or children replenishing your bank account to a minimum balance of 400,000 Baht at least three months before the date of your new application for extension of stay.

As above but you have to have a " Non immigrate ' O ' visa first to apply for 1year extentions.