Apple'S Dead Pixel Policy Leaks Out, Up To 15 Anomalies 'Acceptable'

ThaiLife

Over the last 10 years of buying apple products with screens laptops, imacs and cinema displays and not including iphones and ipads, ipods.

Never had 1 dead pixel! maybe just lucky but i think it says a lot for the quality of their screen providers.

got 2 of the 27" cinema displays for the mac pro. Both perfect not 1 dead pixel.

Edited by negreanu

The fact that this is made out to be a bad thing is tabloid-worthy... this is just fishing for hits from outraged Apple haters, and fearful Apple fanboys... silly.

You need to read the details of this policy, which is: If a customer complains about his screen, the Apple rep can exchange it free of charge one time. Even if just 1 pixel is off! Regardless of screen size. If said customer then comes back and complains _again_, they can use the policy to decide whether or not replace the screen a second time. Translation: It's a way of keeping serial complainers at bay.

I haven't had any bad pixels on an Apple display in years now. Chances to get two screens with bad pixels in a row are near zero.

Edit: I doubt many other hardware manufacturers have a policy as lenient as this. I once complained to Acer about an issue that was a bit hard to see - they just said sorry, that's as specified. Co-incidentally my Mac had the exact same issue, and admittedly it took a while but eventually Apple replaced it free of charge.

Edited by nikster