Golf & Property In Thailand

les1

Hi, my wife & I are coming to Thailand in November for a 4 month visit. we will be staying 1 month in Chiang Mai, 1 month Hua Hin and finally 2 months in Koh Samui. We both play golf which can be expensive especially for 2. Can anyone tell me if there are any golf clubs or courses that have reasonable fees or monthly memberships in either Chiang Mai or Hua Hin. I know the situation in Koh Samui.

Would be grateful for any information. We are British and 60 years of age. we have been coming to Thailand for a number of years now mostly to Chiang Mai and we will be looking around at property in all 3 areas. However I am not so sure that property is a good investment with rentals being so reasonable. Anything on this topic would also be gratefully received.

samui, as u mention indeed IS terribly expensive and -imho- not worth the greenfee rates they r asking 4. i doubt they gonna offer short-time membership.

I'd suggest u stay some time in Bkk (good hotel with experienced lobby staff) and let THEM check out about the requested possibilities.

Generally, tourist areas (HuaHin, Phuket) I donot think they gonna offer such kinda rebate but u r welcome to tell (pm) me if u found out any better...

have a nice golfing winter.... :o:D

Dear Les,

I joined Green Valley, in CM, about a year ago. Paid 70,000Bht, from a member going to Malaysia, and think it is good deal. Not sure what a family membership is but not much more I believe. Reciprical deal with GV in Pattaya. Guests on my card, pay 650Bht plus caddy fee. During low season Tuesday is sport day so fees are a lot cheaper. They do not have monthly deals as far as I know. Royal CM does not have memberships or give any deals, except for their sports days- low season, on Wednesdays I believe. Lanna have not looked into membership but hear it is tough to come by and expensive. Mae Jo, new course, has memberships, but pretty far out of town unless you have a car. Gymkana Club has memberships but the course is pretty bad and only 9 holes.

Course this is LOS, and things change quickly (TIT) ask up at membership office at GV for a deal and they may have something available

My friend purchased a membership at Tanya Thanee. The course is not so good, really for beginners. But I suggest you try out a few top courses first. The exclusive courses can be arranged by these guys, www.golfasian.com . Then you can see what it is like to play on the finest courses around the country and maybe buy a membership where you like most.

Let me know how it turns out.

Dear Les,

I joined Green Valley, in CM, about a year ago.

Hey Greedy!

Have you played Lamphun? That was my favorite CM area course I played on my trip (didn't play Green Valley).

Also wondering if anyone has played Khao Yai CC lately. When I played it (has it really been five years), the native grasses were starting to take back the fairway--conditioning was going downhill fast.

Dear Les,

I joined Green Valley, in CM, about a year ago.

Hey Greedy!

Have you played Lamphun? That was my favorite CM area course I played on my trip (didn't play Green Valley).

Also wondering if anyone has played Khao Yai CC lately. When I played it (has it really been five years), the native grasses were starting to take back the fairway--conditioning was going downhill fast.

Dear DC,

Have played CM-Lamphun 4-5 X's. Tight course. Do not like it as much as some of the others around town. Expensive too ! No sport days. Walk up tee time is up to 1800Bht

Have not played Khao Yai CC myself for 2-3 years. 6 months ago we did a trip around that area and played Royal and 2 others. Beautiful courses, Royal is Nicolas designed, off season cheap cheap. Payed 550Bht incl caddy fee :o

Hit 'em straight and long! :D