Notification Of Address Rules?

Hi,

Hope someone can help. I visit immigration today.

Non-immigrant Visa dated 20th May. Notified address on the 10th August (about a week earlier than the 90 days) Question is - when is the next notification due? I was thinking it should be 90+90 from the 20th May, but have a scary feeling it is the 8th as I notified earlier first time. Do we lose days if notify early? And is there a fine, if so how much?

It is worth noting there is no stamp from the 10th August. The Immigration official inputted it on a computer, told me a stamp is not issued nowadays. She gave me a slip of paper as a receipt.

Can somebody please confirm if possible with the rule, if there is one, re this situation.

Thanks very much

GFL.

Report every 90 days, only the first extension of stay is considered a 90 day report. After that it are 2 things that need to be done separately.

You have 7 days before and after the due date to file the report. (At some immigration offices you can only report til 7 days after if you do it in person).

If you are late the normal fine is 2,000 baht.

Report every 90 days, only the first extension of stay is considered a 90 day report. After that it are 2 things that need to be done separately.

You have 7 days before and after the due date to file the report. (At some immigration offices you can only report til 7 days after if you do it in person).

If you are late the normal fine is 2,000 baht.

Thanks Mario,

. I'm in Bangkok. No stamp but, the slip says the 8th November. If I go to immigration in Lumpini they should note the address without any issue then?

Or am I missing something?

../Thanks.

Thanks for all your advice as ever.

Thought I'd update.

Arrived at Chang Wattana immigration two days after the date on the reciept. No stamp. Notification of address was done without any fuss. The difference in dates was not mentioned.

Worth noting that there are signs in the office saying that if the receipt is lost then a police report is required. I would have thought it is all computer linked.

Anyway; hang on to the receipt and try and make it there as close to, if not on the day, is my advice.

Thanks again.

GFL.

Actually your reporting history IS in stored the computers out there :) . Alas it is only stored in the p/cs inside the reporting room at Changwattana :whistling: .

When I was out there last week with another fistful of passports from various acquaintances doing their 90 day reporting, I asked one of the staff who knows me quite well, if I could see the p/c screen (more to be nosy than anything else :o ). She graciously let me go behind their counter and watch as she entered the data. It's actually a pretty slick program and as soon as she entered a passport number in ALL your info as far passport number, sex, age, country of origin, reporting history, visa type, and when your current permission of stay expires popped up on the screen. However she told me that at least for now their p/c's are NOT linked to any other p/c's anywhere for 90 day reporting at other immigration offices in the country :( . Evidently, it's not all that important to anyone other than you and the 90 day reporting office you happen to go to.

I saw that sign about getting a police report for lost receipts too. Police reports for lost things are usually just a simple form and last time I got one, free as well, so losing your slip shouldn't be overly costly; as long as you know when you need to report next ;) . It would appear the burden of proof of when you need to report is on yourself, and NOT immigrations, so I concur hang on to the receipt.

They DO still enforce the late reporting fine which is usually 2000baht (over a week late). I have personally witnessed if you raise a ruckus about being late, they can still charge you the posted maximum fine of 5000baht :lol: .

And at least at Changwattana it is still +/- 7 days either side of the date stamped on the receipt. If your day falls on a Saturday/Sunday, just go out there the next day theyre open. In my many, many trips out there I can't ever recall them stamping anything in passport for just a 90 day reporting.

Edited by tod-daniels