3 Months Visa And Visa Runs, Is It Possible To Do This?

Hi all.

My wish is to stay at least 1 year here in Thailand.

Is it possible to do this without setting up a company, ..? I heard there is a max 6 month stay per year in Thailand.

I'm french.

I was here already 1 month, then came back to Paris, and now I'm here for 2 months (did the visa) + 1 month (ext).

At the end of these 3 months, will go back to Paris for a few weeks.

If I ask again the 2 month visa (and then extend it here), will they accept?

If yes, at the end of these 3 months (I will extend), will I be able to go to laos, malaysia, etc and can I extend 2 months again?

If yes, it means I would have passed 1+3+3+3=10 months on the last 12 months in Thailand, is it legal?

After I'm ok for coming back to Paris, but I'd like to restart all the process.

Is it possible? Looking for a 1 year stay (ok for visas runs). Or I have no choice I have to setup a company?

Thanks again

Thanks so much!

So it must be possible to stay "unlimited" if every 90 days I go to laos or malysia or...?

So I dont see why so much people create a thai company, because they still have to go out of country every 90 days...?!

Thanks

Thanks so much!

So it must be possible to stay "unlimited" if every 90 days I go to laos or malysia or...?

So I dont see why so much people create a thai company, because they still have to go out of country every 90 days...?!

Thanks

Officially it is possible, but consulates can deny a visa if they think you have had enough visas and no longer are a tourist. Immigration can deny you entry, even with a visa, if they think you are not a tourist. In short, there is never a guarantee that you can keep doing it indefinitely. People can and do get denied another tourist visa if they have several already. But staying 1 year shouldn't be a problem.

Thanks so much!

Thanks

Officially it is possible, but consulates can deny a visa if they think you have had enough visas and no longer are a tourist. Immigration can deny you entry, even with a visa, if they think you are not a tourist. In short, there is never a guarantee that you can keep doing it indefinitely. People can and do get denied another tourist visa if they have several already. But staying 1 year shouldn't be a problem.

Similar question. I don't plan on obtaining a 60-90 day visa thing, but rather flying in and out of the country every 30 days and getting a 30 day tourist visa on arrival (I'm American). I plan to use this as an excuse to actually travel the world with monthly mini-vacations for 3 days or so at a time. By what you're saying above, its technically possible I could continue doing this for an infinite amount of time, but there is also the possibility that I could be denied entry upon getting to the immigration checks at suvarnabhumi. Is that correct?

Actually, you will get a visa exempt entry, not a visa on arrival. That is something else and you should ignore the signs for visa on arrival at the airport.

When traveling without a visa, airlines may demand to see a ticket out of the country within 30 days or deny you boarding. In Asia itself this will be less of a problem, especially with price fighters.

You can always be denied entry at the border, even with a visa. That is so all over the world. Regularry trvaeling into Thailand this way can lead to questioning as they might want to be sure of your purpose in Thailand and you are not working illegally. But at an airborder it would be more relaxed than at a land border and it doesn't happen that often. But as said, there are never any guarantees, even with a visa. In all likely hood you will be fine.

just for peace of mind visas in Thailand are easy if you stay within the rules for six years I was on a visitors visa then a year on a retirement visa and now on a married visa and never has it been a problem ~ if you are over 50 the retirement visa is so easy so long as you can produce the documents required.

khman

There is a one year multi entry non immigrant 'o' visa (£100.00), this will give you 15 months of 90 day visits, the last entry should be done prior to the visas one year expiry date.

I am not sure if this visa can be obtained via post for a french passport holder, living in France.

I am not sure if this visa is available in France, rather than travel to the UK

If not, when next in France why not nip over to hull, nearest airport is Humberside and get one.

Tourist visas are free until the end of march, non immigrant visas are not free.

You may try to get a ED VISA by registering to a language school and apply for 1 year ED VISA or

if you are over 50 years old and you can deposit on thai bank 800.000 THB you can try to get a

NON IMMIGRANT "O" 1 year VISA without exit every 3 months

Hopefully and easily answered question..

I'm Canadian, planning on staying 4 months in Thailand come the new year,

Planning on getting a double or triple entry visa.

Can I ask for a 90 day visa here in Canada (is there such a thing?), and then pop out of Thailand once at 90 days, returning for the remaining 30 days till my departure?

Or will I only get a 60 day visa, and pop out once to say Malaysia and ask for another 60 day visa?

thx and regards

Can I ask for a 90 day visa here in Canada (is there such a thing?), and then pop out of Thailand once at 90 days, returning for the remaining 30 days till my departure?

There is no such Visa.

You need Tourist Visas. 60 days each entry and can be extended at Immigration for another 30 days.

When expired you can go to a Thai Consulate and get another one.

There is no such Visa.

You need Tourist Visas. 60 days each entry and can be extended at Immigration for another 30 days.

When expired you can go to a Thai Consulate and get another one.

Ahh OK, so a dual entry can provide me with 2x60 day visits, enough to cover my 4 month stay if I do a trip to another country at the 60 day mark.

There no longer is a rule of 6 months in one year in Thailand, it didn't apply to people with a visa anyway. only to people arriving without a visa. So, yes you can do it.

That's new then. Used to be "no more than 180 days within a 360-day period as a tourist". If that has changed back to the previous "as long as you have a tourist visa, you are free to stay", this is good news for the visa-run people.

just for peace of mind visas in Thailand are easy if you stay within the rules for six years I was on a visitors visa then a year on a retirement visa and now on a married visa and never has it been a problem ~ if you are over 50 the retirement visa is so easy so long as you can produce the documents required.

In applying for a retirement visa, do you have to supply anything like a police record from your home country? I'm American citizen if that matters?

If you live in the USA, the "retirement" visa, officially called Non-immigrant visa category O/A (non-OA visa, for short) is available only from the consular section of the Thai embassy in Washington and I believe also from the consulates in Los Angeles and Chicago. For this visa you need the US police record.

If you apply for a regular non-O visa you will not have to show a police record or heallth check.

But apply at a honorary consulate in the US, as some consulates will only issue a non-OA visa and not a regular non-O visa if applying because of retirement.

The difference between the two is that a non-O allows a stay of 90 days, after which you have to apply for a 1 year extension of stay from immigration in Thailand and the non-OA allows a stay of 1 year, after which you apply for a 1 year extension of stay.

In essence the non-OA gives you more time to qualify for the requirements for a 1 year extension of stay from immigration.