Pajero Sport Spoiler Package

pampal

Yup, I've seen a PJS in BKK with a similar kit (or it might even be exactly that kit). In particular, I remember the spoiler thingy on the doors.

I dont like these kits at all, but I guess it's all up to personal taste. I get the impression the designer is trying to convert the 4WD off-road vehicle to a Miami-Vice influenced pizza-racer. Typically, cars like this a re equipped with 20" extra wide low profile tires. For me, this defies all logic; if I wanted a pimpride I would have bought one from the start.

But then again, it's all down to taste.

This is the Zercon kit, and yes there's quite a few PJ's getting around with it now.

Personally I'm not a fan of the undersized Fiesta-esque triangles on the front grille, and the side-step covers don't integrate as well as I'd like, and frankly it all just looks a bit too "Fortuner". Just IMHO though ;)

I still think the Mitsu body kit is the best, just wish there was a side-step cover that worked with the design well..

Not cheap either.

Th kit itself isn't too bad on price 20k for fiber, 30k for ABS fitted + painted , but to make it look as pictured you'll need to spend another 30-40k on twin exhausts, which will also invalidate the entire drivetrain and ECU warranty.. And it's not easily/cheaply un-doable (when servicing) like a chip, dump pipe or EGR block ;)

Not cheap either.

Th kit itself isn't too bad on price 20k for fiber, 30k for ABS fitted + painted , but to make it look as pictured you'll need to spend another 30-40k on twin exhausts, which will also invalidate the entire drivetrain and ECU warranty.. And it's not easily/cheaply un-doable (when servicing) like a chip, dump pipe or EGR block ;)

The BKK shop where I saw it claim that the twin exhaust is for show and part of the rear spoiler. That in fact it's cosmetic. But I don't know for sure.

I have an unrelated question. Does changing rims and tires invalidate the PJS warranty?

I was also told the exhaust was just for show.

The passenger side may be, the the driver's side (where the OEM outlet is) would need modifications to get the tailpipe to come out that high and that far back - no way it's just a bolt-on tip.

The BKK shop where I saw it claim that the twin exhaust is for show and part of the rear spoiler. That in fact it's cosmetic. But I don't know for sure.

I have an unrelated question. Does changing rims and tires invalidate the PJS warranty?

According to Mitsubishi, changing the rims invalidates the diff warranty for all models, and transfer case warranty for 4WD variants.

I was also told the exhaust was just for show.

The passenger side may be, the the driver's side (where the OEM outlet is) would need modifications to get the tailpipe to come out that high and that far back - no way it's just a bolt-on tip.

According to Mitsubishi, changing the rims invalidates the diff warranty for all models, and transfer case warranty for 4WD variants.

so we aint suppose to change the rims or have any modifications?

so we aint suppose to change the rims or have any modifications?

Not if you want to keep full warranty, no. All makes have the same sort of policies. Would you warrant a diff you designed for 144HP and 17" 24KG wheels and tires if someone modded it out to 300HP with 52KG 30" wheels and tires? ;)

I just saw a black one with the back piece only. It looked ok - rounded out the bottom nicely. The fake pipes look just a tad too fake. Would be interested to know how much to get fitted properly as MRO suggests. I think I was quoted 9k for the back piece, no mention of fitting/modification, but that's a coupla months back now. I don't like the 'naked' back too much - the contrast to between black and white looks weird. I have the skirt, negotiated into the deal. Are there alternatives out there? - esp. that don't invalidate any warranty?

The Zercon rear spoiler has both rear exhaust ports closed. There are bolts that you can open and take off the faux exhaust ports. But routing the real exhaust too near the spoiler will cause melting.

Thanks for that MRO. The option below looks nice. If I read it right its 5k. Not bad. Aside from looks, does such a mod have any practical effects? What warranty would it affect?

I have the white skirt - i don't know if they'd mould around the pipes - or have to ditch the skirt. Tempting.

Correction. Seems like its 22k.

post-20765-0-62056300-1290570769_thumb.j

Edited by SoloFlyer