Noodle Attack Delays Air Asia Flight

george

Update:

Noodle spat delays flight in Thailand

BANGKOK: --  A disgruntled passenger...

Chirayu Hoontrakul, 35, a car rental agent, was chatting on her cellphone to a potential customer on Sunday afternoon during the takeoff of AirAsia flight FD3015 from Bangkok to Phuket, prompting stewardess Monthicha Kuawong, 30, to tell her to turn the device off for safety reasons, said the Daily News newspaper.

Ah yes, I know this girl from the old "Taurus" days. She's the daughter of one of the mia nois of the Hoontrakul family, generally an upstanding family (former owners of the Imperial Queen's Park Hotel I think... later on moving to open a resort down south.... Tongsai Bay maybe? after the family patriarch was diagnosed with cancer) with the exception of this particular mia noi branch, offspring included. As I recall, she ended up marrying a well to do falang, but later divorced (at the gentleman's request... a rather nice fellow actually) after he caught her cheating on him with one of the Shinawatra's (from the poorer segment of their family, not anywhere near the main branches of the current family in power). She's kind of a scam artist/gold digger character (she mostly targets gullible falangs nowadays, now that she's a bit over the hill for local players... at least so goes the occasional news through the grapevine). She may or may not have the connections to get out of this. The only thing she maintains from her family is her last name (she was at least clever enough to hold onto it... not sure how she managed to do that through marriage, but she did apparently). I'd wager that she barely has enough flex to get out of a traffic ticket nowadays. Normally, those with this calibre last name would be able keep their names AND photos out of the paper (there are plenty of exceptions of course, where the news folks get there before everyone can be paid off... either in cash or credits to the favor bank).

:o

Update:

Noodle spat delays flight in Thailand

BANGKOK: --  A disgruntled passenger...

Chirayu Hoontrakul,...

The only thing she maintains from her family is her last name (she was at least clever enough to hold onto it... not sure how she managed to do that through marriage, but she did apparently).

Wouldn't she'd have automatically reverted to it on divorce?

Thai women don't have to take their husband's surname unless they want to. One of my bosses kept her maiden name and has a different surname than her husband or children. My wife chose to take my surname, but she could have kept her own.

Until a few years ago, Thai women lost certain rights if they took a non-Thai name, so it's not unusual for women who were married a few years ago to have kept their maiden names!

Thai women don't have to take their husband's surname unless they want to.  One of my bosses kept her maiden name and has a different surname than her husband or children.  My wife chose to take my surname, but she could have kept her own. 

Until a few years ago, Thai women lost certain rights if they took a non-Thai name, so it's not unusual for women who were married a few years ago to have kept their maiden names!

I was once told that there are some unenforced laws on the books that "ask" a woman to take on the family name of her husband upoin marriage. For myself, after we were asked for the requisite tea money to register the marriage at the local Amphoe we politely walked out of the Amphoe office without visiting the next room where her name would be changed. But I have long noticed that many women from well known wealthy/influential families retain their maiden names. My spouse retained her maiden name for other reasons and her family collectively changed their last name a few years after we were married.

Thai women don't have to take their husband's surname unless they want to.  One of my bosses kept her maiden name and has a different surname than her husband or children.  My wife chose to take my surname, but she could have kept her own. 

My wife her original surname because she can use it to her advantage in Thailand.Never heard about the losing rights issue though.

The other passengers must have been hacked off.

Selfish bitch,dont ya hate it when some idiot pratt causes your flight to delay takeoff.

Late idiots with bags already checked,having to wait while they unload from hold...etc etc

This bitch would have copped some abuse from me. :o

Perhaps she brought the mama and a thermos of hot water with her. After all, how can one be expected to go nearly two hours without noodles?

Selfish bitch,dont ya hate it when some idiot pratt causes your flight to delay takeoff.

Late idiots with bags already checked,having to wait while they unload from hold...etc etc

Perhaps she brought the mama and a thermos of hot water with her. After all, how can one be expected to go nearly two hours without noodles?

I think as a punishment she should have to sit naked in a giant polystyrene cup of cold soggy noodles in the courtyard outside Siam Discovery for a whole day.

I think as a punishment she should have to sit naked in a giant polystyrene cup of cold soggy noodles in the courtyard outside Siam Discovery for a whole day.

Whoa, who's getting punished here. Just think of the poor souls who would have to look at her. Why punish a whole city for one woman's tantrum. :D

Mmm, I do like the cold noodles idea, better have a word with my other half, how many packets of Mama will we need in our bath?? :D:D

EDIT: Noodles idea rejected by wife, she suggested that proper Italian spaghetti would be more fun. :D

Edited by Crossy

THE THAI AIRWAYS CABIN CREW ASSOCIATION HAS SENT A LETTER IN SUPPORT OF AN ASSAULTED STEWARDESS

Thai Airway's cabin crew association has issued an open letter to offer moral support to the Air Asia Stewardess who was attacked by a passenger on flight.

Thai Airway's cabin crew association viewed that the cabin crew of all airlines have been trained to strictly look after the safety of the aircraft and the passengers. According to the association, prohibition of usage for all communication equipment on board the aircraft is to be taken seriously. The airlines must take care that all passengers abide by the rules, regardless of who the passengers are. The association deems that Miss Monchita Kawongwong (มนธิชา กวงวงศ์) should receive protection from the airline board and understanding from all concerned parties.

The association's letter also commemorated Air Asia's board and the pilots and cabin crew on board flight FD 3014 whom helped protect their employee and pressed charges against the offender.

The letter states that this will be taken as a case study concerning passenger's understanding of airline regulations, regarding the necessity for every person's understanding and cooperation, as the safety of all passengers were to be taken as the central concern by airline staff on duty.

Source: thaisnews.com

Considering the times we live in, this idiot should spend some time in prison....maybe at least a month. Think of not only the trauma suffered by the stewardess but also the stress some passengers may have gone though...some sitting not so near where the incident happened may have thought that it could be terrorism-related, seeing that there was some disturbance on board....heart-attacks are not so uncommon when such stress occurs.

I hope she does some time in jail...but I have a feeling she will possibly get away with it (she will probably pay some money to the stewardess and settle the thing), especially after readinh what Heng wrote (i.e. her connections).

Jem

Edited by JemJem

It sounds as if Air Asia could do with taking a leaf out of Aeroflot's book and add a Passenger-Behaviour Controller to the cabin crew.

I came across one twice when flying Singapore to Moscow, via Bombay, about twenty years ago.

At the time those Aeroflot flights often had on them a ship's crew being flown between Singapore and Bombay.

The full title of the Controller may have been "Controller(ship's crews, drunken, for the quelling of)". The one that I came across was built like an ox and had a glare that would have made a charging rhinocerus turn aside sheepishly.

But when I got to know her, she was actually a lovely lady.

It was the second flight that I had seen her on.

Whilst having a nosy around the vintage Tu, I had discovered that right in the tail there was a stripped-out galley that the crew put their bags in, and which also contained a great pile of canvas sheets (presumably for covering seating during maintenance work in the cabin).

Being an opportunist, I had arranged the aforesaid sheeting into a reasonably comfortable mattress and was having a nice kip, when the aforesaid Controller came to get something from her bag.

I got an earful of Russian, and she turned on her heel and stomped off. Being a bit bloody-minded, I thought "If she wants me back to my seat, she can go and find someone to tell me so in English".

Sure enough, she was back a few minutes later (but alone), said something in Russian and crooked her finger and waved her hand in the international "Follow Me" gesture.

My bloody-mindedness instantly evaporated and I followed like a lamb.

But when we were halfway up the cabin and I was going to slink into my seat, she gestured me on again---right up into the back of the posh part, where the stewardesses were just getting up from the back row of seats to start serving the breakfasts.

More gestures indicated that I should continue my kip, laid across these seats, where I would be more comfortable!!!

Maybe Air Asia could track down her granddaughters and improve things all round.