A Taxi To Airport That Accepts A Full Load Of Baggage? Bigger Taxis?

When I arrived to Suvarnabhumi a year ago with all my luggage they insisted I take a 700 baht sort of caravan thing (really just a large car with extra seats). The size of the car looked sort of like this or this, or just type "caravan" into google and hit images.

I knew at the time I could just squeeze the bike in the back seat of a regular taxi (did it once in Vietnam and once again later in Bangkok - a real squeeze but doors shut well) but from the airport they insisted I take a bigger one for more than double the cost (a regular taxi is about 215 b from my place).

I might try my luck to see if normal taxis will pick me up off the street with all my stuff, but if they don't where can I find one of the bigger taxis? I don't even know where to find larger taxis in Bankok if I need one. I'll be going from On Nut area to airport. Any companies, phone numbers that speak English?

Thanks.

I have seen a fair few Isuzu MU-7 taxi's which is about as big as it gets before getting a van. However, I reckon you may have to track one down in your neighbourhood and set up 'special delivery' since Murphy's Law dictates that on the day that you are standing on the sidewalk with bags and bike-in-a-box and ready to go to the airport, there will be ONLY little Toyota taxis as far as the eye can see.

And they will ALL be heading the wrong way.

With a fare inside.

Then it will start to rain.

That's a very good point and one that happens across a range of things, not just when going to the airport. Happened to me the other day on the skytrain when I was going somewhere in a hurry.

When I posted that question I actually was scheduled to depart the next day, but canceled out. Am leaving Thailand in a few days from now, will head out to the streets and see if I can spot any special taxi companies around to get a phone #.