"The Other Place" Bar - Phuket

CroBiker

Just found out about this place, anyone been there before? Looks like hel_l Angels hangout even though they don't have chapter in Thailand.

TOP_OPENING_small.jpg

"The Other Place", this name and concept isn't new in other regions of the world, but it is new to Asia, with the first one being in downtown Patong Beach.

Situated in JJ Plaza, Phungmuang Sai Kor Rd Phuket 83150 Thailand [or Bourbon St as its known to locals]. This brand new spacious and luxurious biker bar stands out among its neighbours.

The idea of another place or "The Other Place" came about quite a few years ago firstly in Holland, when a member of the club decided to open a bar similar to a clubhouse. Where members of the public and tourists could visit and get the feel of what a clubhouse might be like.

The member when asked by other club members what he was talking about, referred to it as "the other place", this catchy phrase caught on and the concept also.

Soon there would be more than one, and since then this brand has become recognized worldwide as associated with the HELLS ANGELS MOTORCYCLE CLUB.

The majority of these bars following a similar look and feel, but each having there own unique or individual designs. The distinguishing "Red and White" themes being common place for those who recognize the club colours. Paraphernalia from biker and Hells Angels history usually adorning and decorating the walls.

So it wasn't a big deal when some Aussie brothers from Brisbane - Australia, who were spending a fair bit of time in Asia and in particular Thailand, came up with the idea of having thier own bar there. With a lot of interest from locals and tourists, in late 2009 a plan was hatched. Patong was chosen as the place, what with the famous Phuket bike week being run there for over 10 years and putting it on the map as a biker destination and there also only being one other biker type bar in Patong, things soon got underway.

Many locals and tourists a like have spent a late evening there since its unofficial opening in may 2010, sharing many a biker story, comparing adventures, racing achievements and feats of bravado, traditionally discussed by folks who share a common love of motorcycling and partying.

The bar covers 180m2s is open on 3 sides, is walking distance to Patongs number one shopping centre, kickboxing arena and markets.

Many differing beers, spirits, food as well as merchandise can be purchased in the bar.

The bar is open 7 days a week, from early aftenoon, till late.

The official opening will be on the 4th December 2010, and as it has been promoted worldwide, there is going to be members from chapters all around the world coming to share in the revelry.

This bar and all it's partys are not to be missed whilst visiting around this part of the world.

The little village I'm from in the UK has a huge Hells Angels hang out, about a 3 minute walk from the house I grew up in. It's a big farm house right in the middle of a huge field, and they come from all over the world to party there.

My advice when you go to that bar is quite simply, behave yourself. I know I will if I go there. :D

Once saw a group of Thai wannabe Harley types roll into RCA in Ao Nang.

Big bikes, appropriate accompanying leathers, looked to me like a bunch of wealthy Thai poeseurs with nothing better to do with their money. Hello LA, a la Jay Leno............

Eeerrrmm whats the relevance of a bunch of wannabe thai bikers in Ao Nang with a probable/possible hells angles owned bar in patong? Surely you are not making comparisons..:ph34r: