Rock Club

fcgprg

I haven' tried Planet Rock yet, but I too would be interested to hear a review. I see that in the small soi directly opposite Planet Rock (same soi as Le Spice) is a new music venue owned by my favourite guitarist in Chiang Mai, Boy of Boy's Blues Band fame. I think it's called Boy's Blues Bar. I may well pay a visit there tonight and possibly planet Rock. If anyone likes good blues guitar, Boy's the word. Anyone interested to join me on a magical music tour send me a PM.

I haven' tried Planet Rock yet, but I too would be interested to hear a review. I see that in the small soi directly opposite Planet Rock (same soi as Le Spice) is a new music venue owned by my favourite guitarist in Chiang Mai, Boy of Boy's Blues Band fame. I think it's called Boy's Blues Bar. I may well pay a visit there tonight and possibly planet Rock. If anyone likes good blues guitar, Boy's the word. Anyone interested to join me on a magical music tour send me a PM.

I could be wrong but I thank you'll find the Rock Club closed. That used to be the Sports Bar which the owner lost his arse on. If its open how about a heads up.

It's weird how one's train of thought can be totally off the chart when a topic is started. When I saw the topic "Rock Club" I immediately thought of some strange rock formations I saw while on a hike today. I was totally out of sync in this being a post on music.

Have a good laugh at my expense. :lol:

It's weird how one's train of thought can be totally off the chart when a topic is started. When I saw the topic "Rock Club" I immediately thought of some strange rock formations I saw while on a hike today. I was totally out of sync in this being a post on music.

Have a good laugh at my expense. :lol:

You were not alone on that one.:lol:

I went there ages ago... looked good, sounded ok, but was empty. Cant see the concept of hard rock working in CM.

The Sports Bar that it replaced did not work either. 4 floors up on upper Chang Klan Road.:o

I have been told tonight that it is still open .i will check it out tomorrow

Tried Planet Rock last night - the music was good but at about 10pm it was pretty quiet. I've since heard that it is busy much later. A bit like Rasta Bar, most people turn up real late. I made my way across the road to Boy's Blues Bar and that was a good move. Th place is tiny but the music was really good, with Boy and his band being joined by Blues-harp playing cockney Dave. Good to see him back in town. As I said, the place is tiny so there is a cosy atmosphere with as few as 6 people in the place. I hope they can make a go of it, as Boy is a big favourite of mine.

On a side note, I had another interesting experience during my travels. I was 'caught short' whilst in the Plaza (where Planet Rock is) and made a visit to the Gents, to discover that toilet tissue was only available from 2 baht vending machines. With only a 500 baht note in my pocket I decided to use the facilities of D2 hotel. I've never been in there so it was also a chance to have a quick nose about the place. It certainly looked very chic, but a big surprise came in the toilets. I entered a cubicle to discover that the whole of the dividing wall was a mirror!! I don't even like sitting in a barbers chair looking at myself for twenty minutes so the idea of sitting looking at a full side view of myself whilst sat on the throne was a bit unsettling. One thought that went through my head was that maybe it was a two-way mirror.!! A really strange experience which certainly raised the questions of who's idea was that? and why did they think that anyone wanted to look at himself in such an unglamorous pose?

Tried Planet Rock last night - the music was good but at about 10pm it was pretty quiet. I've since heard that it is busy much later. A bit like Rasta Bar, most people turn up real late. I made my way across the road to Boy's Blues Bar and that was a good move. Th place is tiny but the music was really good, with Boy and his band being joined by Blues-harp playing cockney Dave. Good to see him back in town. As I said, the place is tiny so there is a cosy atmosphere with as few as 6 people in the place. I hope they can make a go of it, as Boy is a big favourite of mine.

On a side note, I had another interesting experience during my travels. I was 'caught short' whilst in the Plaza (where Planet Rock is) and made a visit to the Gents, to discover that toilet tissue was only available from 2 baht vending machines. With only a 500 baht note in my pocket I decided to use the facilities of D2 hotel. I've never been in there so it was also a chance to have a quick nose about the place. It certainly looked very chic, but a big surprise came in the toilets. I entered a cubicle to discover that the whole of the dividing wall was a mirror!! I don't even like sitting in a barbers chair looking at myself for twenty minutes so the idea of sitting looking at a full side view of myself whilst sat on the throne was a bit unsettling. One thought that went through my head was that maybe it was a two-way mirror.!! A really strange experience which certainly raised the questions of who's idea was that? and why did they think that anyone wanted to look at himself in such an unglamorous pose?

You should of gone into Foxy Lady. Allot nicer scenery.:D