Briton Stabs Himself, Sets Pattaya Apartment On Fire

webfact

Briton stabs himself, allegedly sets fire to apartment

Pattaya, Chon Buri - A Briton stabbed himself in the chest with a broken glass bottle and set his apartment on fire after he quarreled with his Thai girlfriend Friday, police said.

Sean Knight, 38, was rushed to Pattaya Memorial Hospital by police and will face arson charge.

Knight was staying on the third floor of Star Beach Condominium on Phra Tamnak Road with his girlfriend, Som-anong Anumart, 28.

Som-anong told police that Knight quarreled with her and locked himself inside the room. When she saw fumes billowing out of the room, she called for help from neighbours who stormed inside and found the man stabbing himself.

They alerted police who rushed in with fire fighters. The fire fighters took about 20 minutes to control the blaze after police rushed the Briton to the hospital.

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2010-11-12

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nows thats a new trend, hope it doesn't catch on. Personally I dont have a problem with a fellow stabbing himself with broken glass and running around with his head on fire, that is his business, but fires have a habit of spreading. Hope they fine him BIG TIME.

They wrote Briton - He could be a Taff or a Jock.... Sean Gwyndaff Knight / Sean McKnight..hmmmm... Odds are he's English...

'She' must have wound him up pretty tightly for him to have gone off like that. Still, as one poster has already pointed out, Fire spreads, beyond attempting to become the martyr this chappy became a danger to others with a potentially fatal outcome.

Edited by Rimmer

Tsk tsk tsk - The name calling's started a bit early tonight.

I know it's off topic, but why oh why when ever an American, English, Scottish, Thai or other nationality does soemthing which offends, do we get these petty, narrowmided comments that invariably degenerates into a slanging match along the lines of 'my nationalities better than yours

.' It is so boring to read and smacks of the poster having a complete inferiority complex. Most expats here are discriminated against through anitquated laws, but we live with them as we choose to live here. Lets not throw sh*t at each other on an expat based forum, we get enough of that when we deal with officaldom here :jap:

P.S. It was stupid thing to do i do agree with that part!!

Edited by Rimmer
quoted

Something about a man stabbing himself sounds off to me.

Like a joke from the movie "Analyze That"

"How did he die?"

"He stabbed himself in the back four times and threw himself off a bridge"

Edited by HC82

Nows thats a new trend, hope it doesn't catch on. Personally I dont have a problem with a fellow stabbing himself with broken glass and running around with his head on fire, that is his business, but fires have a habit of spreading. Hope they fine him BIG TIME.

now dont you go doing anything like that zorro when ( not if ) the market tanks ! :rolleyes:

No one seems to have any sympathy for the guy. Yes, he did a stupid thing, worse to endanger the lives of others. Done in a moment of passion, we are all capable of doing stupid things. 

I hope his injuries aren't too serious and he gets well soon. The next concern for him is the arson charge, that will likely be pretty expensive. What a mess to be in.

Something about a man stabbing himself sounds off to me.

You think maybe the neighbors who rushed in were in on it? ;)

Saw the aftermath driving by. Was worried that my roadside 'mango tree' restaurant might have caught on fire. I was relieved to find that it was still operating.

:)

UPDATE

English resident self-harms and sets fire to his South Pattaya condo following argument with girlfriend

PATTAYA: -- An enraged English Resident of Pattaya, attempted suicide following an argument with his Thai Girlfriend. The incident occurred at the Star Beach Condominium in Pramtanuk Soi 4 in South Pattaya and resulted in Pattaya Fire Fighters being called to put out a fire in a 3rd floor condo owned by Mr. Sean Knight aged 38 from England. Police were also called to the scene and watched as Mr. Knight was taken to Hospital in an unconscious state. He had clearly suffered from smoke inhalation and appeared to have puncture wounds on his stomach and was in a serious condition.

Full story HERE

pattaya-one.jpg

-- Pattaya One 2010-11-12

[newsfooter][/newsfooter]

now dont you go doing anything like that zorro when ( not if ) the market tanks ! :rolleyes:

LOL wouldnt do without taking you with me :lol:

No one seems to have any sympathy for the guy. Yes, he did a stupid thing, worse to endanger the lives of others. Done in a moment of passion, we are all capable of doing stupid things. 

I hope his injuries aren't too serious and he gets well soon. The next concern for him is the arson charge, that will likely be pretty expensive. What a mess to be in.

"Done in a moment of passion, we are all capable of doing stupid things".

Stabbing yourself in the heart and burning down a building? A tad extreme for most no ?

Luckily he was not yet found hanging on the ventilator with his hands bound on his back. Than again, instead of investigating matters the foreigner is first charged.

Why is the prefered method of suicide or attempted suicide for a farang in Thailand stabbing himself to death? I can think of less painful ways. Why is it when a thai woman and farang argue a knife or similar object is involved? If he doesn't stab himself his penis is cut off.

"Done in a moment of passion, we are all capable of doing stupid things".

Stabbing yourself in the heart and burning down a building? A tad extreme for most no ?

It sure is!  hope it doesn't start a trend.

Bloody embarrassment (literally)........couple of changs, barney with the missus, and then has to start bottling himself and try set the building alight. Should've just punched a door in and then fixed it the next day, like any normal person would've. Thats the problem with us English, we drink like the Thais drive.