Lenso Intimidator 4 Rims

pampal

The dealer took my original 17 inch rims and tires and gave me 20000 baht credit.

The new wheels and tires came out to 52000 baht. So I payed 32000 baht  cash.

Not bad

is the S in the Nitto tyres speed rating? If so thats only 180kmh at 25C, or 160kmh safe speed in LOS heat

I think they are V rated according to this site. But I never drive faster than 140KMH.

The V rating claims a maximum speed of 149MPH.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/findTireDetail.do?cs=255&pc=40263&rd=18&ar=55

The dealer took my original 17 inch rims and tires and gave me 20000 baht credit.

Sounds good. How does she ride now?

The ride is not very different. It's definitely a stiffer tire and you have more road feel. Traction is also better, but I just put them on, so it will take a bit of time to evaluate them properly.

Tire Speed Ratings

• Q Up to 100mph

• R Up to 106mph

• S Up to 112mph

• T Up to 118mph

• U Up to 124mph

• H Up to 130mph

• V Up to 149mph

• W Up to 168mph

• Y Up to 186mph

• Z 149mph and over

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/brochure/tire/tireSpeedrating.jsp

Edit for Source

Edited by pampal

The new wheels and tires came out to 52000 baht. So I payed 32000 baht cash.

The ride is not very different. It's definitely a stiffer tire and you have more road feel. Traction is also better, but I just put them on, so it will take a bit of time to evaluate them properly.

I see. Any noticeable difference in level of tyre noise?

I see. Any noticeable difference in level of tyre noise?

The noise level was somewhat less than the Bridgestone Duellers.  

Not bad

is the S in the Nitto tyres speed rating? If so thats only 180kmh at 25C, or 160kmh safe speed in LOS heat

I think they are V rated according to this site. But I never drive faster than 140KMH.

http://www.discountt...263&rd=18&ar=55

V rating and 420 treadwear sounds excellent. great value for money

If your mileage is anything like mine, you'll like the Nittos for the first few hundred to few thousand KM, but after that they will get on your nerves.. Then you'll replace them with something truly nice and will be amazed at the difference :)

Not bad

I was offered a choice of Yokohama Avid or the Nitto's. The Yokohama costs 30 percent more, and the dealer told me the Nittos are just as good and will last longer.

Only time will tell.

If your mileage is anything like mine, you'll like the Nittos for the first few hundred to few thousand KM, but after that they will get on your nerves.. Then you'll replace them with something truly nice and will be amazed at the difference :)

Why were they getting on your nerves?

Was it the ride or something else like noise or handling?

nice price, any idea how much the tyres alone cost, Im due for some new ones soon and its a toss up of either decent tyres or bigger rims.

The receipt is in my car, but off the top of my head I think the tires were around 5500-6000 baht/each.

Wow, nice price for Nitto's, cheaper than some of the junk brands around.

The dealer was a nice guy and easy to bargain with. These Nitto's are made in Japan so I thought they were a good deal.

Why were they getting on your nerves?

Was it the ride or something else like noise or handling?

All of the above. Moving to the Parada Spec-X in an oversize fitment (275/55R20) improved ride, handling and noise by a massive margin. Different car. If these current Parada's hit 50% wear before my new car comes, I'll be changing it for 285/50R20 Parada Spec-X next time - just for the looks ;)

Not bad

I was offered a choice of Yokohama Avid or the Nitto's. The Yokohama costs 30 percent more, and the dealer told me the Nittos are just as good and will last longer.

Only time will tell.

You mean Yokohama Advan? I'd take that with a grain of salt it depends a lot on their mark up as to how much better one tire is over another... But for your purposes the Nitto's are fine but not in the same league as the Yoko's... They'll last longer because the Yoko's are usually stickier softer tread.. While Nitto is trying to sell into the market and Yoko's are well established no doubt they have a larger profit margin on Nitto's at the moment..

• 7 months later...

Hai,

I am very interested in the performance of this set. Does it ride better? Or do you have a bumpy car now?

I drive the same wheels on my Ranger, but 18" and thinner tires, it runs very well. The nitto 555 extreme stick like gue.

Regards, John, Suphanburi

It's about 20% bumpier, but I don't really notice anymore. I have put 5000KMs on this set. The rims are great and the tires are alot stickier than the stock Duellers. I had to get them rebalanced after 1500KMs. They had a slight vibration between 110-120 Km/Hr but the rebalancing fixed that.

Do those big wheels stop the Shimmy Ride.My Daughter has a new Sportivo [7Weeks],and the shimmy on uneven tarmac is unnerving.You sit still and the body sort of rolls about.She doesnt complain,but the dipped lights a completely crap as well..The wheels shes got look the same size as those pictured.The Mitsu equiv is very stable by comparrison.Iv been told to bolt on a "Goodie" on the back axell,but ive spent enough,and not well pleased. It starts floating at about 75 ,under that it rides well but noisey interior.Any quick cures.?.

I thought for a minute we had the same wheels. Poor eyesight I guess. My ride was a little rough at first. So I installed adjustable shocks and dialed them all the way down to the softest setting. Rides much better now. It was a rougher ride than my Chevy Tahoe with 305s on them, much bigger tire. As for noise, who can hear anything over the loud chain of the DMax?

post-65746-0-50417000-1309944678_thumb.jpost-65746-0-72554900-1309944685_thumb.j

any dealers who speak english and have email?

any michelin equivalents for tires for PJS?

You're in PH right?

Lenso have distributors in PH: http://www.lensowheel.com/Dealer_network_Detail.aspx?CountryID=5

As for tires, that's going to vary wildy market by market, and there's no way you'd find an economical way to import them..

I thought for a minute we had the same wheels. Poor eyesight I guess. My ride was a little rough at first. So I installed adjustable shocks and dialed them all the way down to the softest setting. Rides much better now. It was a rougher ride than my Chevy Tahoe with 305s on them, much bigger tire. As for noise, who can hear anything over the loud chain of the DMax?

post-65746-0-50417000-1309944678_thumb.jpost-65746-0-72554900-1309944685_thumb.j

Yes, the Shocks do help.i had a Nissan Big M 20 years ago and fitted some American Gabriell dial ins,had a leaf cut out the springs and you could use it like a Car.It was fine when used for its designed use,1Ton Shifter, but fortunaly the shopping from Lotus was under a Ton.My beef with her Fortuna is that a Normal ride hight Toyots pickup at 600K Rides, handles and stops better,i tried one last night.My Wife now tells me it was her Husbands Choise not hers.I drive a new Range Rover,and get annoyed with these Tuna Men who come to Race a no Contest thing,then just tailgate,no issue wit the Truck, just the Prats who drive em..Im not alone,they even bully Yaris Drivers.Not Ferang Drivers i must say ,just stumpy Thai Medallion Men. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR