Fastest Internet

BlueEasySleep

Question: how much time between signing up for 3BB service and the day they come and install it?

It varies all over the place. I know people who were told "next week" and the guy shows up the next day. Contrariwise, I know people who were told "next month" - and that was six months ago.

Standard Asian businesspractise i see. Will go this weekend and ask...

Visiting everyday the office and being persistent might help (the 3BB office is right next to my new residence where i will move nxt month :)

thx for the info

Anybody playing online games with 3BB? decent pings or is it like TOT slow like mad (singapore/china/malaysia etc servers +300 and only locally, in Thailand an average of 30) ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Question: how much time between signing up for 3BB service and the day they come and install it?

It varies all over the place. I know people who were told "next week" and the guy shows up the next day. Contrariwise, I know people who were told "next month" - and that was six months ago.

Standard Asian businesspractise i see. Will go this weekend and ask...

Visiting everyday the office and being persistent might help (the 3BB office is right next to my new residence where i will move nxt month :)

thx for the info

Anybody playing online games with 3BB? decent pings or is it like TOT slow like mad (singapore/china/malaysia etc servers +300 and only locally, in Thailand an average of 30) ?

a little tea money could help, it did with me, they guy in the office said to me dont show any money in here,,, look at the camera on the wall, meet me outside, he he but it did help

Mine 3BB line was installed the next day without any problem.

Ordered at the 3BB shop at Central and installed in Kathu.

Also don't forget to ask the private phone number from the technician so you can call him directly in case of a problem.

I did this and he was very happy to help me ( which he did perfectly ) without the office involvement for a small fee off-course. :whistling:

Thx for the info. Before coming here i lived in India/Bangladesh and over there i refused the engineers private number.

The suckers there cut the line themselves and wait for you to call them, they fix it and expect some $ for it. Not that it will happen here but still,.. :P

Tomorrow i go have a talk with 3BB :) 6MB pack would be fine i guess

hi guys,

i was using tot for a couple of year, and i cant really get the speed that i was looking for, ( but enought i ca say), so before yesterday i decide to give a try with 3bb( what a mistake), 6 mb for 599 ,whatever....

so i am using the newsgroups for more then 10 years , and never had any problem with it, since i decide to use 3 bb, i cant get any connection to grabit, look like they block all port, so i decide to get a new router ( tp link td-w8901g) just got it today, my old one was not dead but nearly. i have called the call center , talk to the technicien, and they were not able to fi my problem, . Please guy before you said why did i move to 3bb , could you please give me an advice and how to set up a port forwarding with my router, and any advice to download from grabit will be good,

ps : if i canceled the contrat they charge me 6000 b , for 1 day of use , wow , understand instalation , but ... comom, tot was slow 240 kb/s , was expecting more from 3bb with 6 mb, but ... thx

use google, you can find plenty info on portforwarding and Grabit there... If i look at my router (D-link) , i just go to 192.168.0.1, access the config and there i find the portforwarding option.

Besides the failed newsgroupconnectivity, is 3BB satisfactory?

Edited by Yaroon79

dear yaroon79

i did find port forwarding, but i am totally newbie on it , lost lol, i am using simple port forwarding , and i cant get it work.

I actually never done it myself so can't give you any advice. If i would have to use it (perhaps starting next week as i am going to change from TOT to 3BB as well) then im sure that Google would be my best friend and help me

Search on google, ask around,.. this is the internet, its alllll available ;-)

for those who got trouble with their 3bb connection,(using newsgroups) the only way i have find is to use a VPN, and i can say ,it s works great (strongvpn.com) with a very friendly help, thanks to then

Edited by thaivid

dear yaroon79

i did find port forwarding, but i am totally newbie on it , lost lol, i am using simple port forwarding , and i cant get it work.

I actually never done it myself so can't give you any advice. If i would have to use it (perhaps starting next week as i am going to change from TOT to 3BB as well) then im sure that Google would be my best friend and help me

Search on google, ask around,.. this is the internet, its alllll available ;-)

Or get somebody to set it up for you, i did, 200B not that expensive :)

hi guys,

i was using tot for a couple of year, and i cant really get the speed that i was looking for, ( but enought i ca say), so before yesterday i decide to give a try with 3bb( what a mistake), 6 mb for 599 ,whatever....

so i am using the newsgroups for more then 10 years , and never had any problem with it, since i decide to use 3 bb, i cant get any connection to grabit, look like they block all port, so i decide to get a new router ( tp link td-w8901g) just got it today, my old one was not dead but nearly. i have called the call center , talk to the technicien, and they were not able to fi my problem, . Please guy before you said why did i move to 3bb , could you please give me an advice and how to set up a port forwarding with my router, and any advice to download from grabit will be good,

ps : if i canceled the contrat they charge me 6000 b , for 1 day of use , wow , understand instalation , but ... comom, tot was slow 240 kb/s , was expecting more from 3bb with 6 mb, but ... thx

If you have the premier packages they are not blocking (or weren't in Nov) but they are on the cheaper packages.

hi guys,

If you have the premier packages they are not blocking (or weren't in Nov) but they are on the cheaper packages.

Which ones would that be? 6mb ones?

Which ones would that be? 6mb ones?

The 'premier' packages.. They used to sell them as indy and premier.. Then they kind of pushed the indy lines but I know until a couple of months ago I was on the premier for 1090 plus vat, the website only lists a 2500 package IIRC.

Today at office i was able to download torrents with speeds upto 300/400kB/s, www.speedtest.net showed 6.1mb down and 0.5 up which means they use 6mb pack.

It shows me i dont need to worry much about blocked ports and can go ahead with this 'cheap' package for at home. Im just wondering how long it will take before they grow tired as i download 1gig a day average :P

Edited by Yaroon79

Alright..got my subscription with 3BB

I got a bit of a doubt though... they also sell routers along with the subscription. This is not necessary when i already have a D-Link Wireless router, right? Weird question to ask but it arose when they gave me a document with a username/password... made me a bit confused....

Anyone can clear this ? :)

I got a bit of a doubt though... they also sell routers along with the subscription. This is not necessary when i already have a D-Link Wireless router, right? Weird question to ask but it arose when they gave me a document with a username/password... made me a bit confused....

You need to input the username & password into whatever router you are using. Don't loose that paper. They used to supply a router for free, maybe that was a promotion. But you must give it back if you cancel the subscription.

You need to input the username & password into whatever router you are using. Don't loose that paper. They used to supply a router for free, maybe that was a promotion. But you must give it back if you cancel the subscription.

They now sell a 1 port router (?) for i think it was B 1200 or something. some other router (more ports) for more than B 2000. Since i got my own D-Link i said i had one, but got confused with the password document they gave me.

Perhaps i should take a look in the configuration of that device, i guess i will find settings to enter password/username options for autorisation to use the line. I hope so :P

Has anyone else been experiencing problems (again) with TOT?

For the past two weeks I'm getting outages of up to seven hours per day! And being fobbed off repeatedly by call centre who 'will pass it on to technician) and one (cable broken, me 'where' silence).

Contacted Chalong office today who say they 'will make a report to technician in Phuket Town) ho hum.

Am typing this as fast as I can whilst have 5 minute respite from dreaded 'red light' on the billion modem.

Even one of the call centre guys said for an 'international' destination, yes well, internet service here pitiful, especially given proximity to the likes of Singapore.

Anyone else?

Edited by inmysights

Yea TOT has been a bit dodgy in the last few days for me (in Rawai). It doesnt really go down, but it will become so slow that its unusable (websites taking 5 minutes to load etc..)

This is actually the first time I have had problems with TOT since I got the line in July last year, so I will ride it out and see if the situation gets better soon.

Alright, 3BB has been installed.

I now have a question and seek advice.

As said before, i have a D-Link wireless device, and in the configuration i can find options for 'internet setup', username/password area / PPoE, etc. The D-link router has 4 LAN ports and 1 internet port, all to be used with the usual internet cable plug (RJ45)

Now, 3BB's router is using the smaller plug,the telephone line one.Initially i did not buy the 3BB router as i believed i could use my D-Link one. However, today i brought along the 3BB router from office just in case the D-link did not work. When the 3BB guys arrived and i showed them my D-Link and said: go ahead, install it, they looked at me as if they saw water burning. They had no clue and at that point i gave them my office 3BB router

Since i am not an expert in this area, i was wondering if it would work if i buy a cable, one side the RJ45, the other side the smaller plug that the 3BB router uses. this one:

1241746631.jpg

If it does, it would save me buying the 3BB router

Anyone able to advice me? :)

Aaah ... sounds like you don't actually have a ADSL modem which would have an input for a standard phone jack.

You say "The D-link router has 4 LAN ports and 1 internet port, all to be used with the usual internet cable plug (RJ45)" and that's sounds like a router. You should have an extra input for 'phone line' with the standard phone jack, IF you have the ADSL modem option.

Can you quote the actual model number of your D-link, then we can google check what it really does.

Aaah ... sounds like you don't actually have a ADSL modem which would have an input for a standard phone jack.

You say "The D-link router has 4 LAN ports and 1 internet port, all to be used with the usual internet cable plug (RJ45)" and that's sounds like a router. You should have an extra input for 'phone line' with the standard phone jack, IF you have the ADSL modem option.

Can you quote the actual model number of your D-link, then we can google check what it really does.

D-Link DIR-600 ... quite an old model. There is indeed no phone-line connection available... I have walked around BIG-C, looking for a cable (RJ45 - Phoneline plug) but it seems non existing :P Nobody has it there.

The ongoing questioning whether the D-Link can work or not comes from what i have seen in the config, it shows an "internet connection" - setting tab, where i can setup a PPoE connection (and quite some others) along with user/pass details and stuff.. Let me look for the model and post a link, perhaps the expert here can tell me whether i should continue the search for the cable or just give up and buy the 3BB modem tomorrow :)

Thx for the input

Link to device including specs... http://www.dlink.com/DIR-600

Edited by Yaroon79

Been 7 years in Thailand. My first ISP CAT Telecom was the fastest over a longer time range. Later I used TOT it was very slow. Last I changed to 3bb well after a few months the speed got slower and slower.

By the way if someone is in need of a fast VPN, currently there is a free Give Away running on this page, chances are good to catch a premium account for free.

D-Link DIR-600 ... quite an old model. There is indeed no phone-line connection available... I have walked around BIG-C, looking for a cable (RJ45 - Phoneline plug) but it seems non existing :P Nobody has it there.

Link to device including specs... http://www.dlink.com/DIR-600

Just as I thought. DIR-600 is a wireless router and has no ADSL modem built in. So you would need to buy an ADSL modem and connect it to the wireless router, but quite honestly that is a clumsy solution. Best you just have the one box and buy something like http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=567 or the one on offer from 3BB.

Just as I thought. DIR-600 is a wireless router and has no ADSL modem built in. So you would need to buy an ADSL modem and connect it to the wireless router, but quite honestly that is a clumsy solution. Best you just have the one box and buy something like http://www.dlink.com/products/?pid=567 or the one on offer from 3BB.

I was afraid of that.

I also already started to wonder whether it would be possible to have 2 different signals (ethernet and DSL signals are different i assume) through 1 cable. Its must be like trying to push a circle through a square which won't work. As far as i can remember, my ADSL modems all had the telephone jack, non of them a RJ45.

It does make me wonder why the PPoE and other protocol options are available in the router though..... but, i guess this must be for Cable connections...

3BB device it will be, ... thx for your time Mr Kata

It does make me wonder why the PPoE and other protocol options are available in the router though..... but, i guess this must be for Cable connections...

3BB device it will be, ... thx for your time Mr Kata

You are welcome. I have wireless routers connected to cable TV internet modems (cos they don't supply wireless modems). They still need to be configured as PPPoE and code/password to make them work with the router. It's confusing.