Fastest Internet

BlueEasySleep

It is yes, but its clear now...

.....so i went today to 3BB office and told them that i made a mistake when i applied for the connection, that i indeed require an ADSL router. The lady handed over a wireless ADSL device which i refused as i only needed the modem. They said that they did not sell them, only on the day when you apply for the connection. Kinda weird. Since this wireless ADSL device was over 2000 Baht i walked out and headed to Big C, got myself a D-Link wireless ADSL one for 1600... im done..

While i am typing this text the line got disconnected,... i hope 3BB doesnt make a habit out of this.......

--at this point, 3BB has already more outage time than my 6 months usage of TOT...and i got 3BB less than 24 hrs.... haha

Ok.. up again :P

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is yes, but its clear now...

.....so i went today to 3BB office and told them that i made a mistake when i applied for the connection, that i indeed require an ADSL router. The lady handed over a wireless ADSL device which i refused as i only needed the modem. They said that they did not sell them, only on the day when you apply for the connection. Kinda weird. Since this wireless ADSL device was over 2000 Baht i walked out and headed to Big C, got myself a D-Link wireless ADSL one for 1600... im done..

While i am typing this text the line got disconnected,... i hope 3BB doesnt make a habit out of this.......

--at this point, 3BB has already more outage time than my 6 months usage of TOT...and i got 3BB less than 24 hrs.... haha

Ok.. up again :P

There are currently a couple of threads running in the internet forum saying TOT is cutting lines with no forewarning to those who are installing 3BB.

TOT are crap. No customer 'care-less'. Same as every Thai 'bizniz'.

• 4 months later...

A Potemkin (shorthand for Potemkin Village) is a fake result. In this case, 3BB is actively intercepting "pings" to Speedtest.net, turning them around in Bangkok, making speeds look faster than they really are.

I know that 3BB did that at least once because at one of our Sunday morning Computer Clinics, one of the participants did a Speedtest.net check to San Francisco. The ping speed reported by Speedtest was faster than the speed of light. There's a detailed description on ThaiVisa.

This happened in July of 2009. I was there, as were several dozen other people. We all saw the faked results.

That's why I never trust Speedtest runs from Thailand.

Amazing. They can't even resist cheating people on internet speed tests.

If you sign up as a foreigner you have to pay 12 months in advance.

If a Thai signs up you pay as you go month by month.

Besides the the obvious rip-off factor for those who are not staying for 12 months, this never made any sense to me.

That's why you always have a Thai sign up for the internet. I'd never pay ANYTHING 12 months in advance here.

Thx for the info. Before coming here i lived in India/Bangladesh and over there i refused the engineers private number.

The suckers there cut the line themselves and wait for you to call them, they fix it and expect some $ for it. Not that it will happen here but still,.. :P

Holy cow man, delete your posts. You don't want to give any of the locals here a new scam idea. We'll all have our lines cut by tomorrow if word gets out.