So I Want To Be A Flight Attendant

I seek your advice.

Okay so I want to be a flight attendant, always fancied that myself. But on all jobs for Thai Airlines or Bangok airways there is a teeny weeny problem. You have to be a Thai national. But how do you define a Thai national? Yeah obviously a thai but how long is it to stay in Thailand before you are called a national?

For the job you have to be at least 20 to apply so I've got some time to burn. And the qualifications are a good secondary education with five GCSE's grade D or above. But until I turn twenty there must be some education I can study or something?

Suggestions....

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ice Maiden - in general the airlines send you to flight attendent school for training.

Unless you are born Thai or become a Thai citizen I'd say this limits your options unless you get on with one of the international airlines and well normally they work off seniority for prime routes.

Totster - I speak a little Thai and besides I have a whole three years to practise my Thai speaking skills.

Just been searching online, a company that offers jobs for farangs is known as Etihad Airways. Never heard of it myself and it's based in United Arab Emirates. Unless I want my Dad and brother picking up pieces of my blown up body later on, I'd better find some other airline.

how long is it to stay in Thailand before you are called a national?

To become a Thai National................. errrrrmmmm,

IMO this will be nearly impossible, The rules state

Aliens who wish to apply for Thai nationality under the Nationality Act B.E. 2508 (A.D. 1965) must be permanent residence holders for 5 continuous years, have reached the age of 45, and be able to speak and understand Thai. An exception may be made to this rule if there is reasonable cause, such as marrying a Thai and having children born in Thailand or having studied in a local university/college as an undergraduate.

And once you have fulfilled the above, there is no guarantee that they will grant you citizenship. These are merely the requirements, there are many wealthy chinese in the queue first

Regards

Monkeypants.

I have a friend who was an flight attendant with ethaid and now with Thai, and another who applied but was turned down for Thai.

From what I gathered, getting the job on Thai Airways is very difficult because apart from anything else you need 'sen yai' (good connections) to have any kind of a chance, and the positions frequently go to those with influential families. Others are: degree (not just high school) is a must, minimum height of 165/170cm (can't remember exactly), fluent Thai & English & preferably another language(s) too. Unless you can get Thai nationality I think it would be next to impossible to get a position with them :o

Ethaid is based out Dubai, I wouldn't worry about getting blown up too much over there, but my friend told me they worked her very hard and the job was extremely tiring and she couldn't put up with it for very long.

Mike - Okay I'll take your advice then. I was going to go to university anyway but was thinking about uni when I wa a little older. Maybe I'll have to go sooner. I'll try applying for Etihad Airways then but hopefully when I get one job from an airline I'll have a nice reference for my next job.

Totster - I speak a little Thai and besides I have a whole three years to practise my Thai speaking skills.

Just been searching online, a company that offers jobs for farangs is known as Etihad Airways. Never heard of it myself and it's based in United Arab Emirates. Unless I want my Dad and brother picking up pieces of my blown up body later on, I'd better find some other airline.

Do your homework on the U.A.E, you will not be subjected to things like that.

Trust someone that buys his wife to ask something like that. There is just no need for me to continue the debate, it's boring me. I know discussing my opinions would cause another debate so I'm doing the grown up thing and stopping here.

I warned you before about your attitude did'nt I?

Try acting like a woman and not a child, I don't give a toss if you think I bought my wife, you are showing how immature you really are.

I worked for the Royal Family of Dubai (which incase you don't know is in the UAE) and my comment was based on a fact that your unlikely to get problems with a UAE airline :D

Does your Dad know your still up?

You are a 17 year old girl in Pattaya with your Dad and his wife, you are very bitter about the fact he has "an ugly" thai wife and you are accusing me of buying my wife when you have no idea who I am or who she is, I've told you to click my webpage then you can decide for yourself.

You should be trying to make friends here in Pattaya, And some of those friends SHOULD be "ugly so called prostitues" or as we say Thai girls. :o

Edited by davethailand

Yes you did warn me, but for the love of God I don't care. And yes my Dad knows I'm still up. Newsflash :: a sixteen year old girl can raise a family, so surely thats more responsibility than staying up late.

I get on with my Dad's wife and family for the sake of my father. You are also accusing me of alot of stuf when you don't know me either. I am making friends in Pattaya, and look who is generalising now? And you shouldn't decide who my friends are.

No I haven't got ginger hair.

Home Page No Information

Birthday 25 April 1988

Location No Information

Interests Well I like to experiment with my hair, be a black sheep, thai boxing and other boring stuff like that.

Well I like to experiment with my hair

Dye it ginger then. :D

be a black sheep
I'd say so :D
thai boxing and other boring stuff like that.

You really are an ice maiden are'nt you? :o

I wonder if she'll come to any Thai Visa meet ups?