Air Asia

2long

Has anyone been on this cheap long-haul flight? If the seats etc are the same as the short flights, it'd be murder, but I guess they have bigger planes.

I have no problem with AirAsia for Phuket and Bali, but 11+hours needs more comfort.

I didn't find AA's cattle class seats any worse than other offerings but did not like the 13 hours from KL to STN. I can never sleep on a plane and have grown to like a short stopover to stretch the old legs in the Gulf somewhere.

18k bht BKK-KL-STN return kind of made up for it but I would have to think hard before taking this route again.

I did it once, it was ok. At the time it was the cheapest way, but now it's more expensive than other carriers. Yes, they are bigger planes but they have more people on them! :lol:

Not really worth it, in my opinion. Plus the connecting flights to Thailand don't really connect that well, 5 hours in KL wasn't too great!

I flew to Australia on Air Asia on a so called XL class. It was not quite a business class seat but pretty comfortable and it went back far enough

to get a good sleep. However the XL tickets to UK are fully booked if you can get one I would recommend it.

The A340 acft used by Air Asia X on this route are ex air Canada acft and economy class is a 3x3x3 configuration across the cabin and the seat pitch is 32 inches, 2" more than on the short haul A320's.

Unless you are extremely tall or grossly obese these seats are ok, not as much leg room as Malaysian Airlines 34" but better than British Airways 31"