Best Place For Me?

sidjameson

Live without a car.

Therefore live near city centre. Bicycle, walk or cheap transport to get to meeting places.

I am 42, farangs around my age.

A university educated girlfriend.

45m2 apartment or house for 7000 or less.

A place to jog near my home.

A coffee shop to meet some one for a game of chess (so hope to find a player) near my home.

A few bars where I can buy a large beer for under 100 bht. And a few mates to drink with.

Internet where I can download "match of the day" 700mb, quick enough to watch a few hours later.

I know, it sounds ridiculous to be so specific, but I now realise that the above is pretty much all I need to be happy.

I plan to travel around and check some places out. City names and even apartment/street names are welcome.

Sometimes its not what people tell you that matters, its what they dont tell you that springs to mind.

For me the following are of interest,

I am 42, farangs around my age.

A university educated girlfriend.

Seeing as you are 42 you aint here on a retirement visa and the fact that you say girlfriend means you aint on a married mans visa.

The only other way you can be here is on a work visa, so where are you actually working that allows you to relocate?

The other possible scenario is you arent actually working or living full time in Thailand.

The other problem you face is where is your girlfriend from?

Thais tend to be parochial, there is some sort of invisible umbilical cord that forever draws them back to their village, hence the reason so many farangs end up living in the middle of nowhere.

Unless you are independantly wealthy what do you intend doing in Thailand to support yourself, is your girlfriend able to work?

Werent you over on another forum saying you had a fillipina girlfriend, whats her legal status here, if she actually is in Thailand.

rgs2001uk, he said it was his wish list.

I took it that he meant he would like to find a girl friend who has graduated from university.

Remember, he could simply be on a non imm o visa and doing a visa run every 90 days. Many people do that.

How can anyone help him if in his wish list for desirable traits in a university educated girlfriend he does not even include cup size?

Most of my wishes have been fulfilled apart from one. My wife has got to be the dummest bird in Issan why else would she have married me!

Ruysuk Mansion,Adunyadet Road,Udon Thani.

10 minutes walk to the centre of town but there are plenty of saamlaws and even a sangtaew service just down the road.

Chess,a minutes walk away at the Bookhouse restaurant.

Jogging,Nong Sim Park is 5 minutes walk away.

University educated girls.....Rajabhat University in town.

Some farang bars and restaurants on Adunyadet Road but plenty on Soi Sampan and Nutty Park near the Nightmarket which is 15 minutes walk or a short saamlaw ride away.

Plenty of bars/restaurants in Udon where you can get a large beer for under 100 baht.....even some in the 55-65 baht range.

The Rajabhat University system used to be known as the 'Teachers' College' system and as there are about 42 cities with campuses, it would be harder to find a city without one...

It is one thing to say that one desires a University educated girlfriend; it is another to find a University educated Thai woman who wants YOU... You make it sound like ordering pizza.

Edited by jazzbo

Would you find it hard Jazzbo?

We are all different mate, but so far in Japan for the last 12 years every girlfriend I have had HAS been to university. Of course I don't know Thailand, which is why I am asking people like your good self. But if Issan towns have a population of educated women for me personally I am confident I could find one that liked me.

But if Issan towns have a population of educated women for me personally I am confident I could find one that liked me.

EVERY Isaan town has a population of educated women ... whether they were educated locally or came back home after Chula or Mahidol ... Thailand is not Japan and there are many very educated women in Thailand who do not speak English ... they can spot a snob a km away.

You think university educated women will find I am a snob! I think you will find educated women are looking for educated men.

Japanese women often don't speak english either. But if you live in a country you learn the local lingo right.

Do you speak Thai Jazzbo and how did/do you find dating?

If you are only interested in university educated women, it is the other many delightful women who may find you a snob.Yes .. I speak Thai. I did not find them; they found me...and whether they were university educated or not had nothing to do with it.

Edited by jazzbo

wow, thank you macclad, that is a fantastic answer. If you are in Udon Thani I will buy you a beer for sure.

Two other things about Udon that might interest you.....

Its on the rail route to Bangkok in the south and Nong Khai in the north (only 50 kms from Nong Khai,Friendship Bridge,visa runs etc)

There are 7 daily flights to Bangkok and 1 to Phuket from Udon.

It pays to shop around when buying a beer. eg.in the centre of town is the Centara Hotel.....a large beer Leo there will cost you 125 baht.

Next door in the Central Shopping Mall on the 3rd floor is a bar called "Black Udon".....the same Leo there will cost you 60 baht and a large Chang 55 baht.

Two minutes walk from each other but only 50% of the price !