November 18, 201015 yr A Thai told me that if you buy a pickup truck with an open bed, it is illegal to enclose the bed without getting govt approval (i.e., some kind of vehicle license to do so). Does any one know if that is true or not?
November 18, 201015 yr I'll move this to Motoring, but it's my understanding that a lid is no problem, but a CarryBoy type top that encloses the back it becomes an 'SUV' and attracts a higher tax rate "I don't want to know why you can't. I want to know how you can!"
November 18, 201015 yr I'll move this to Motoring, but it's my understanding that a lid is no problem, but a CarryBoy type top that encloses the back it becomes an 'SUV' and attracts a higher tax rate cover the bed is legal without changing reg info increasing height or width of bed (with a high cover or anything else) is required to be inspected an noted on page 18 in reg book tax rate depends on what vehicle is base. a 2 door or 2+2 door is taxed as a 2-3 seat truck, thus low tax. changing this to a 4-10 seat implies higher road tax changing a 4door 5seat 3,0 engine, to 12 seats reduces roadtax
November 18, 201015 yr If you fit a high rise that people sit in then they must know about it. I'd want to bloody know if there's some bloke rolling around with a block of flats in his pick up bed.
Create an account or sign in to comment