Bangkok Immigration Update

Last Monday I went to extend my non O with my wife in Bangkok at Changwattana.

They asked for a copy of my house lease which I don't think I have been asked for before.

They asked for a Kor 2 document which I am certain that they never asked for in the past.

The good news is that the supervisor accepts scanned copies so all is well - No extra trip...

I used a bank letter to confirm my letter that was issued on a Sunday evening at SCB for a Monday morning Immigration visit strangely they sent me downstairs to deposit 100 baht. Also something new at least for me.

The Kor 2 is a new requirement.

Do we need a new one every year?

I can't see why - all they do at the district office where we got married is photocopy the page where our marriage is registered

and stamp it.

Actually they gave us the entire book (with hundreds of original registrations) and we walked outside to a shop and copied our page, then they stamped it.

The Kor 2 is a new requirement.

What is a Kor 2 document ?

The Khor Dor 2 (correct name) is the registration document received upon marriage at the Amphur. You got the marriage certificate and this document, both are required for a marriage extension.

I used a copy of the original Khor Dor 2, my wife actually phoned my local Immigration office to ask about this, she was told it was not necessary to get a new one or the original certified at the Amphur.

Khor Dor 2 was always a rquirement but not always asked for.

also the document can't be older then one year. ( but again only if they ask for it ) :rolleyes:

If it was a requirement it would have had to be asked for - it was not. Only recently has it started to be asked for. In fact people were not provided KR2 upon marriage until the last decade or so.

If asked for, they ask for both. Normally you can get the KR2 form from any amphur, as it is in an online register. But only marriages after a certian date are in the online system, so suspect you might need to go to the amphur where you got married.

But you could wait and see if they will ask for it if the amphur is far away.

Khor Dor 2 was always a rquirement but not always asked for.

also the document can't be older then one year. ( but again only if they ask for it ) :rolleyes:

If it was a requirement it would have had to be asked for - it was not. Only recently has it started to be asked for. In fact people were not provided KR2 upon marriage until the last decade or so.

Exactly - we were not given a Khor Dor 2 when married arround 10 years ago and I had never even heard of it until last week when immigration in Bangkok asked for it for the first time.

Any idea why it can't be older than a year? As the document will be exactly the same except for the stamp date. I will probably take a chance next year and bring in an original from this year.

If they ask for a new one I will then get one and scan it in via email.