British Overstayed In Thailand 6 Months With Lost Passport

HI all

Well cut a long story short:

I have overstayed in Thailand 6 months and now stolen passport.

I have been waiting for some money to come through so a can pay for my over stay.

Now I have the cash over 20,000 baht is needed.

Any advice what the best option to do? I dont want to get deported. I was going to get my new passport then go straight to the immigration office in bangkok (take my thai girlfriend with me) and pay the fine, then do the visa run.

Any advice please bit worried about this.

A good friend of mine was in the same situation, 3 years overstay, and no passport.

He got a new passport from the Embassy and did a Visa run with a good company, who helped him when he had to pay the fine and also return into Thailand with a Double entry Tourist Visa.

stay in thailand under the radar ..

to replace a lost/stolen passport ,, is no easy task :jap: LOL

Bad advice.

I hope the OP has a copy of his passport and his visa (if he had one) and last entry stamp. Copy of TM card (arrival/departure card) will be helpfull.

Whether or not he has these copies, he needs to go to the police station nearest to the place where he apparently lost the passport and report it lost. Next, he has to go to his embassy, with the police report in hand, and apply for a replacement passport. (That's not the end of it, but just the first steps.)

Both the police and the embassy will ask some funny questions about his overstay, and kindly also keep im mind that the loss of a British passport raises questions. There is indeed a black market out there, and the longer he waits before reporting the loss, the more suspicious the Thai and British authorities will be.

The Thai police may put him in jail until this is sorted out. As I posted earlier, the fine when brought before a judge is much lower than the THB 20,000 at the border, but he does need too have a ticket out of the country. A call to the embassy before reporting oneself to the police is always recommended.

If he tries to leave via a land border, he will not be able to leave Thailand or enter the neighbouring country without a passport. So that's no solution to his overstay of 6 months. And of course, the GF cannot do anything. Better to leave her out of this and stand up to the face the problems he's caused to himself.

I cannot believe the advice on posts you are getting, stolen passport Oh!! well that's convenient isn't it hope you get all that is coming to you and people living here doing the right thing according to the immigration laws don't need people like you so sod off.

Like I said, my friend got a new passport with a lot of help from the Embassy and his Mum, then he got himself off to Laos on one of the Mini Van Visa runs, they helped him pay his fine and come back into Thailand with a double entry, however, he has overstayed again, due to lack of funds and his best friend Mr Leo (brown bottle).

Like I said, my friend got a new passport with a lot of help from the Embassy and his Mum, then he got himself off to Laos on one of the Mini Van Visa runs, they helped him pay his fine and come back into Thailand with a double entry, however, he has overstayed again, due to lack of funds and his best friend Mr Leo (brown bottle).

I appear to be unable to have any sympathy with your friend. In fact, people like him make it more difficult for reasonable foreigners to stay in Thailand.

I appear to be unable to have any sympathy with your friend. In fact, people like him make it more difficult for reasonable foreigners to stay in Thailand.

I agree Tom, but what can we do? Loads of people abuse the system.

I cannot believe the advice on posts you are getting, stolen passport Oh!! well that's convenient isn't it hope you get all that is coming to you and people living here doing the right thing according to the immigration laws don't need people like you so sod off.

Agree. A few days in the monkey house or IDC should change your view about flagrantly breaking the laws in such a manner.

From memory a replacement passport due to loss/ theft carries a premium on the price also and will require appropriate identification documents the same as needed when applying for a new passport otherwise the best you'll get is a travel document valid for one trip.

"Stolen passport". You need to get a police report to this effect first of all. Then proceed.

This is important first step. There is a big market for people loosing/selling their passports. The UK embassy web site ( http://ukinhongkong.fco.gov.uk/en/help-for-british-nationals/passports/lost-or-stolen/ ) tells you the rest. You'll need a new pp, then go to immigration to transfer your immigration stamps/card details whether you have copies or not, along with enough cash for fine and onward travel info.