Honda Pcx

johninbkk

I had my brown panels painted last week... Looks good... Unfortunately I do not have my bike with me today so I can not take a picture and post it, but I will try to get it done tomorrow. I will get a new black seat next week :-))))

Hi, I'm concerned if I paint it, it will chip and flake. In any case I'd love to see yours, Where r u?

Bye

I would love to see a photo with the black color and the new seat too. I have been waiting for Honda to change the color from brown to black. Totally amazing that Honda only offer the black color for export and the brown color in Thailand.

Does anyone know if there will be any changes for the 2011 model of Honda PCX?

I would love to see a photo with the black color and the new seat too. I have been waiting for Honda to change the color from brown to black. Totally amazing that Honda only offer the black color for export and the brown color in Thailand.

Check the colours here....

http://powersports.honda.com/2011/pcx/colors.aspx

Check the colours here....

http://powersports.h...pcx/colors.aspx

Unfortunately these are the colors available for export only. Just a few weeks ago, I told a couple of Honda dealers in BKK, that if they can deliver bikes like this, I will buy immediately, but the answer was that they can NOT! They also cannot offer to sell the black flaring and black seat as spare parts. They can offer another type (polished and shiny) of black flaring from A.P. Honda, but that doesn´t look good at all.

Edited by Xonax

Passing a independent Motorbike shop yesterday noticed something different so turned around and went back..

They had a brand new PCX in Red and white NOT like the picture 'Candy red' but a bright pillar box red. all I could get out of the seller was that is sold, you want 77,000 baht.

The normal Thai colours a km or so down the road at a Honda shop the PCX on the road is 70,000 baht [includes paperwork, 1 yr tax + 1 yr 1st class insurance]

Maybe at a independent Motorbike shop you can have any colour you want for the cost of a respray ?

Passing a independent Motorbike shop yesterday noticed something different so turned around and went back..

They had a brand new PCX in Red and white NOT like the picture 'Candy red' but a bright pillar box red. all I could get out of the seller was that is sold, you want 77,000 baht.

The normal Thai colours a km or so down the road at a Honda shop the PCX on the road is 70,000 baht [includes paperwork, 1 yr tax + 1 yr 1st class insurance]

Maybe at a independent Motorbike shop you can have any colour you want for the cost of a respray ?

Did it still have the brown flaring and seat, or had these been changed as well? In the matter of fact, I can accept the current colors: White, Black, Grey and Gold, but just don´t like the brown flaring and seat.

Did it still have the brown flaring and seat, or had these been changed as well? In the matter of fact, I can accept the current colors: White, Black, Grey and Gold, but just don´t like the brown flaring and seat.

The flaring red, the seat black + still had that silly hump in it..

I was driving the pickup, my camera is in my car or would have taken a photo of it..

Not sure i liked it but it was different

The local Honda dealer have solved the problem for me, by finding a Thai company that do modifications of all kinds og bikes including the PCX with stickers. I have just ordered the PCX including the stickers (plus 1.100 BHT) and will receive it within the next few weeks.

If you want your PCX to be unlike any other, please take a look at these customized bikes:

http://www.rideit.co.th/activity_custom_detail.php?id_activity_custom=23

http://www.rideit.co.th/product_detail.php?id_product=17&model=HONDA

The local Honda dealer have solved the problem for me, by finding a Thai company that do modifications of all kinds og bikes including the PCX with stickers. I have just ordered the PCX including the stickers (plus 1.100 BHT) and will receive it within the next few weeks.

If you want your PCX to be unlike any other, please take a look at these customized bikes:

http://www.rideit.co.th/activity_custom_detail.php?id_activity_custom=23

http://www.rideit.co.th/product_detail.php?id_product=17&model=HONDA

So thats where the niyom panich main dealer had em from.

Still think its odd for a honda dealer to have on display aftermarket decals.

Honda PCX in Red color and Black flaring will now be sold in Thailand. At least if you can believe the photos from A.P. Honda at the current Motor-Expo in Impact Arena: http://www.aphonda.c...200.asp?id=2353

I will personally go to check at the Motor-Expo today and will post more about when they will be available at the dealers, or if it is possible to buy directly at the show.

Edited by Xonax

Honda PCX in Red color and Black flaring will now be sold in Thailand. At least if you can believe the photos from A.P. Honda at the current Motor-Expo in Impact Arena: http://www.aphonda.c...200.asp?id=2353

I will personally go to check at the Motor-Expo today and will post more about when they will be available at the dealers, or if it is possible to buy directly at the show.

Please could you check the price as well, many thanks..

eg: asked a few months ago at a Honda dealership the price was 70,000 baht with all paperwork, 1 yr insurance and road tax, asked yesterday at an independent dealer, 2 of the sales people went to great length to say it was a new price on the 2011 model and now had upgrades, from what I could work out now it had remote electric start and remote security locking.. ? price 76,500 baht + 3,000 baht for Insurance and tax.... worth another 10k for something I don't want ?

eg: asked a few months ago at a Honda dealership the price was 70,000 baht with all paperwork, 1 yr insurance and road tax, asked yesterday at an independent dealer, 2 of the sales people went to great length to say it was a new price on the 2011 model and now had upgrades, from what I could work out now it had remote electric start and remote security locking.. ? price 76,500 baht + 3,000 baht for Insurance and tax.... worth another 10k for something I don't want ?

Yes, I will check the price and delivery time. The independent dealers in my area ar way too expensive. My local Honda dealers still offer THB 72.000 for pearl white and THB 70,000 for silver, gold and black, including first years registration and insurance plus a free helmet and jacket. The red color and black flaring could be the 2011 model, which could have a higher price. Anyway I will get back tonight or latest tomorrow morning with all details. I have not yet received the bike I have ordered, so I think I will change to the red color with black flaring. If I can´t change the color or get my deposit THB 1.000 back, I will just waste it and buy from another dealer. Maybe they even have an offer for free service or other, if I buy today at the motor-expo.

Yes, I will check the price and delivery time. The independent dealers in my area ar way too expensive. My local Honda dealers still offer THB 72.000 for pearl white and THB 70,000 for silver, gold and black, including first years registration and insurance plus a free helmet and jacket. The red color and black flaring could be the 2011 model, which could have a higher price. Anyway I will get back tonight or latest tomorrow morning with all details. I have not yet received the bike I have ordered, so I think I will change to the red color with black flaring. If I can´t change the color or get my deposit THB 1.000 back, I will just waste it and buy from another dealer. Maybe they even have an offer for free service or other, if I buy today at the motor-expo.

I have just returned from the local Pattaya Mityon dealer and he is quoting 72,500 raod tax, no insurance, free cheap helmut, stickers, do you think this is a good price? I'd love to hear your findings at the motor show. I'm ready to order now. If there is anyone out there that wants to oder together and possibly get a better deal on more than 1 purchase, pm me.

I have just returned from the local Pattaya Mityon dealer and he is quoting 72,500 raod tax, no insurance, free cheap helmut, stickers, do you think this is a good price? I'd love to hear your findings at the motor show. I'm ready to order now. If there is anyone out there that wants to oder together and possibly get a better deal on more than 1 purchase, pm me.

I have just returned from the Motor-Expo. The guy I spoke with said that the red or white color with black flaring is the export models for Japan a.o. and will be sold in Thailand very soon - probably next month. The price will be unchanged THB 70.000 which is the recommended retailer price, and equal to what they charge here in my local area of BKK (except that the wite color is THB 2.000 more expensive) including tax and insurance.

I have already ordered my bike and just need to change to the new color. My dealer is in Thepparak Road and and two of the ladies speak fluent english. Pm me for further details if you are interested.

I have just returned from the Motor-Expo. The guy I spoke with said that the red or white color with black flaring is the export models for Japan a.o. and will be sold in Thailand very soon - probably next month. The price will be unchanged THB 70.000 which is the recommended retailer price, and equal to what they charge here in my local area of BKK (except that the wite color is THB 2.000 more expensive) including tax and insurance.

I have already ordered my bike and just need to change to the new color. My dealer is in Thepparak Road and and two of the ladies speak fluent english. Pm me for further details if you are interested.

Good on you Al, thanks for the info. I got quoted 72,500 red no road tax or insurance, it's all ++

I just seen a new one @ Big C Pattaya with all the option including timber grain flares and white trim, brown seat, looked absolutely fantastic... Gee the're a hot looking scooter. My wife will love it

The Honda dealer just called me this afternoon, and told me that the PCX in red color with Black seat and flaring had already arrived. I just went to pick it up immediately and it runs like a dream. Only disappointment is that the alarm siren is not very loud.

I paid THB 72.000 including tax and insurance for the first year, plus a free jacket (value THB 500) and a free helmet (value THB 1.200). I paid THB 1.000 to upgrade to a very nice jacket. The dealer told me that the price for the bike should actually have been a bit higher, but as they had already agreed to sell it for THB 72.000 I would not be charged more. I also bought a theft insurance, which will give me THB 60.000 if the bike is stolen (price THB 2.500 for one year).

Edited by Xonax

The Honda dealer just called me this afternoon, and told me that the PCX in red color with Black seat and flaring had already arrived. I just went to pick it up immediately and it runs like a dream. Only disappointment is that the alarm siren is not very loud.

I paid THB 72.000 including tax and insurance for the first year, plus a free jacket (value THB 500) and a free helmet (value THB 1.200). I paid THB 1.000 to upgrade to a very nice jacket. The dealer told me that the price for the bike should actually have been a bit higher, but as they had already agreed to sell it for THB 72.000 I would not be charged more. I also bought a theft insurance, which will give me THB 60.000 if the bike is stolen (price THB 2.500 for one year).

Al, check your insurance, I was quoted 2,500 for 2 years, not one as you mentioned.....

Al, check your insurance, I was quoted 2,500 for 2 years, not one as you mentioned.....

Thanks for mentioning. I have just checked with the Honda dealer. The insurance quoted is from A.P. Honda and is only for one year, but cover both theft and damage of the bike up to THB 60.000. Maybe the insurance you were quoted only cover theft, which A.P. Honda do not offer.

Edited by Xonax

The Honda dealer just called me this afternoon, and told me that the PCX in red color with Black seat and flaring had already arrived. I just went to pick it up immediately and it runs like a dream.

Hi Xonax, could you please let me/us know which dealer you used?

I am looking for a good Honda dealer in BKK. Are there any Large Honda Centers in BKK (possibly near Ekamai area, but other areas fine too) which have a big selection of PCXs and colors, etc?

I'm looking to purchase the black flare Honda PCX 2011 rather soon.

Cheers,

Pasci

The Honda dealer just called me this afternoon, and told me that the PCX in red color with Black seat and flaring had already arrived. I just went to pick it up immediately and it runs like a dream.

I am looking for a good Honda dealer in BKK. Are there any Large Honda Centers in BKK (possibly near Ekamai area, but other areas fine too) which have a big selection of PCXs and colors, etc?

Cheers,

Pasci

Pasci,

Sukhumvit Soi 71 about 400 metres? up next door to KFC and Jusco Opp soi 9. I was in there today only white in stock but.............

Cheers,

Pasci

I bought mine at the big Honda dealer in Thepharak Road. If you come from Sukhumvit Road it is around 5 km´s down Thepharak Road on the left hand side around 800 meters before you get to the Srinakarin Road junction. You can call the shop at 02-384-1119 or 1513. They had another red PCX in the shop when I bought, but it seems to be gone now. If you call them before you go, I am sure that they can have another one in the shop very fast. The owners wife and daughter work in the shop and they both speak good english (the daughter "Mae" speaks fluent english and is a looker too), which is rather hard to find in other bike shops in Thailand.

Edited by Xonax

Pasci,

Sukhumvit Soi 71 about 400 metres? up next door to KFC and Jusco Opp soi 9. I was in there today only white in stock but.............

Cheers VocalNeal,

That's right around the corner. Will have a look... Thanks a lot!!! :)

Will update you.

Bye,

Pasci

Cheers,

Pasci

I bought mine at the big Honda dealer in Thepharak Road. If you come from Sukhumvit Road it is around 5 km´s down Thepharak Road on the left hand side around 800 meters before you get to the Srinakarin Road junction. You can call the shop at 02-384-1119 or 1513. They had another red PCX in the shop when I bought, but it seems to be gone now. If you call them before you go, I am sure that they can have another one in the shop very fast. The owners wife and daughter work in the shop and they both speak good english (the daughter "Mae" speaks fluent english and is a looker too), which is rather hard to find in other bike shops in Thailand.

Hey Xonax looks like we having the same dealer and indeed shes a looker :D

Pasci,

Cheers VocalNeal,

That's right around the corner. Will have a look... Thanks a lot!!! :)

Will update you.

Bye,

Pasci

Pasci,

I was there again today the white one has gone and there is now a candy apple red one.

Thanks for mentioning. I have just checked with the Honda dealer. The insurance quoted is from A.P. Honda and is only for one year, but cover both theft and damage of the bike up to THB 60.000. Maybe the insurance you were quoted only cover theft, which A.P. Honda do not offer.

Mityon Pattaya. It's full replacement cover for the 1st year but does not cover accessories, I just spent 20K on extras. 2nd year on std 20% de- valuation