Get Ready!

khomloy1.jpg

GO!

khomloy2.jpg

Up, up and away.

Khomloyins.jpg

Very Pretty

khomloy3.jpg

Far too many people attended this year, the bridge over the Klong collapsed into the Klong as so many people were trying to cross at the same time. Apart from wet feet, I don't believe there were any injuries.

Edited by sarahsbloke

Great Photos.

Thank You

I had the opportunity to attend but had to decline standing in one spot for twenty minutes and my back starts to ache. Talked with my friend who went he said it was packed you could almost lean on the crowd. to bad they don't have access for the handicapped.

On another note and this is just my opinion. Has the ceremony lost it's significance and become more a tourist thing?

Edited by jayjay0

On another note and this is just my opinion. Has the ceremony lost it's significance and become more a tourist thing?

I don't think so, I was right in the middle, my wife and daughter were happily chanting along with the monks, as were many other Thais around us. The crowds were horrendous, I don't think I will go next year ...... or maybe just not go into the crowd.

Edited by sarahsbloke

I don't think so, I was right in the middle, my wife and daughter were happily chanting along with the monks, as were many other Thais around us. The crowds were horrendous, I don't think I will go next year ...... or maybe just not go into the crowd.

Agreed, same with my GF, she was actively chanting away, as were most Thai's that were around us....don't get me wrong, quite a few tourists but I don't think the significance of the religious aspect of the event has diminished, not at all.

Great shots SB.....did you get any more fotos as the combs were higher?? if so, Please post.

thanks

Re: the tourist slant.....it is a fact that the city officials do promote it as a tourist attraction and the CM Thais do take the last day more seriously as a religious event, but 4 days of fireworks is a bit overdoing it.

Just like Songkran is only supposed to be 2-3 days [officially] but it often goes on for 2-3 weeks.......again overdoing it!! [for the tourists?]

Edited by jaideeguy

Agreed, same with my GF, she was actively chanting away, as were most Thai's that were around us....don't get me wrong, quite a few tourists but I don't think the significance of the religious aspect of the event has diminished, not at all.

Thanks guy's :thumbsup: