Car Air Con Not So Cold Anymore, What To Check First ? Toyota Corolla Air Conditioning Problem

Car air con not so cold anymore, what to check first ? Toyota Corolla air conditioning problem

Cheaters propose to change the whole aircon for 20000 thb, I don't believe it's useful

Hi,

Do you know where to check when car air con is not so cold anymore ?

I already know that there is enough liquid/gaz, and compressor is working, so what else do you thing could be the reason of not so cold air ?

Thanks.

What has the "cheater" told you is wrong with it?

Surely if you take it to several different garages you should get an answer to your problem?

Get them to point the problem out from the attached pic...the compressor is the most expensive part to replace, but if you say that is working hey 20,000 Baht ????!

Hope it helps.

post-7723-0-88312700-1290332406_thumb.jp

there is an air con service centre on sukhumvit heading towards Satahip just past alankarn theatre , friend used them this week and said they were very reasonable but then I do not know what the problem was or what they did but worth a drive out and getting a quote.

I'd shop around first - there are many businesses that service auto aircon systems. I've had my Ford system serviced three times but never at anything near 20K baht. It might be worth trying a gas top-up just to see if that works, which typically costs 500 to 1000baht. I paid 800 baht in Udon in August which seems to have done the trick, and found out that my local garage in central Isaan would have done the same job for 500 baht. A full flush and re-gas will be more than that, and then you get into failure of system components which obviously involves higher costs. Having said that one of my earlier failures involved the blower, which the garage stripped and cleaned out for B500.

Edited by citizen33

Start the car up. Aircon off, switch temp to max cold then turn on an listen for compressor engagement. It will stay engaged till temp reached. If you do not hear engagement then gas pressure low. If it turns on and off pressure low OR thermostat perhaps knackered. BUT, first check filter, if it has one. Also the aircon rad in the dash could be bunged up with crap. :) If it's holding gas pressure then can't see the 20k coming into play as the expensive stuff is working if the compressor is engaging.

yepp

if compressor works and liquid is ok, the pipe going inside car gets cold

start with cleaning outside radiator from engine bay with a garden water hose, to get rid of flies, mosquitos and sh-t

let engine idle with AC running and wait for fan to cool radiators to start

then cleaning inside car unit, Toyota charges 2k baht for it. All funghi and sh-t dies at the same time. Remove or replace filter.

If compressor is working and liquid is ok, it will now work as new :)

Thanks for replies.

System is clean, compressor working, refrigerant full, but still not so cold air.

Must have a problem between the compressor and when air goes into the car.

So it seems that there is no other choice than bringing the car to shop and pray, as if i am not able to tell them what's wrong, they can change and charge what they want...