November 21, 201015 yr Has anyoe done this yet , and what costs are involved, a write up explaining and links to suppliers of plates etc would be great.. I found this on PJS but dont read thai i`m` afraid......... http://www.pajerosportsociety.com/society/index.php?topic=2737.0 Kind regards
November 21, 201015 yr Rizla if you translate the page it says blanking plate 140bt and it gives the guys e-mail address. If you check this site www.newtriton.net lot's of information also I think you will have to add a chip to stop the motor throwing a limp mode. Definitely worth doing with all that crap being sent back into the engine. This applies to most diesel engines with all this polluting saving gear.
November 22, 201015 yr That may be the vendor I ordered mine from - I can't remember exactly, but the price sounds about right... Note that it's not as easy as fitting a chip - I had a quick go with the basic tools I had on-hand and gave up (my cheapo 2000B socket set just wasn't up to the task). In the end, I took it down to the hot-rod shop that swaps my dump pipe around scheduled services - it now costs me 200 Baht a go to get two mechanics to fit/remove the EGR and the dump pipe, which seems fair to me
November 22, 201015 yr Author That may be the vendor I ordered mine from - I can't remember exactly, but the price sounds about right... Note that it's not as easy as fitting a chip - I had a quick go with the basic tools I had on-hand and gave up (my cheapo 2000B socket set just wasn't up to the task). In the end, I took it down to the hot-rod shop that swaps my dump pipe around scheduled services - it now costs me 200 Baht a go to get two mechanics to fit/remove the EGR and the dump pipe, which seems fair to me What`s your thoughts MRO, a worthwhile mod? please give us your impressions...kind regards
November 22, 201015 yr That may be the vendor I ordered mine from - I can't remember exactly, but the price sounds about right... Note that it's not as easy as fitting a chip - I had a quick go with the basic tools I had on-hand and gave up (my cheapo 2000B socket set just wasn't up to the task). In the end, I took it down to the hot-rod shop that swaps my dump pipe around scheduled services - it now costs me 200 Baht a go to get two mechanics to fit/remove the EGR and the dump pipe, which seems fair to me What`s your thoughts MRO, a worthwhile mod? please give us your impressions...kind regards For 140 Baht, sure. Don't expect gains like a piggyback though. The immediate difference is less smoke and a little more push lower in the rev range - the longer term difference is a mix though - the engine in general will get less clogged up with sooty muck (so will perform better for longer), but there's also the potential downside of increased engine temps leading to lower engine life. I haven't yet come across any clear evidence that EGR substantially reduces engine life however - it's all just theory. Edited November 22, 201015 yr by MoonRiverOasis
Create an account or sign in to comment