Converting Tourist Visa To Non-B

About four months ago, I converted my tourist visa to a non-B, and it was relatively easy. I provided copies of my transcripts and diplomas, filled out the application, submitted 2 photos and 1900 baht, and my employer's packet of documents, including the employment contract, and it was converted. This was when I was a teacher, and 3 other teachers went through the same process with me.

I'm in a new position where several employees are applying as consultants (various real positions - like engineers, lawyers and sales people) and I need to get the documents organized for the visa conversion. The company is exempt from paid-in capital and Thai worker requirements because of the nature of its business.

One of the employees has obtained a notarized affidavit from the US embassy, basically certifying that the details in their resume (CV) are true and that their educational diploma is real. I've been through this process several times over the past 4 years as a teacher coordinator, but I've never heard that the affidavit was required for a conversion. Does anybody know if this affidavit is a requirement for visa conversion for non-teachers? I want to make sure this is a real requirement before I send all of the new hires to their embassies for notarization of the affidavit.