Word Of Warning

smedly

I went to this guy a few days ago with a Key I needed cut, I bought it in the UK and had it delivered, special key with chip. He cut it for me and charged 250baht, the key didn't quite work properly so I went back to him to ask him to check it, I got the feeling he wasn't happy about me supplying my own key in the first place, I asked him to run it again just to check it which he was reluctant to do, eventually with some effort he took the key, what he did then was just simply badness, he buffed about 3mm off the end of the key and flattened one of the smaller points rendering the key useless, he did this on purpose, if you feel like giving this guy your business go ahead but beware

:lol: you just never know what is going to happen next in this country!

a couple of years ago I took my car in to get cleaned and left 40 baht in the door. I didnt think it would be taken, didnt really even think about it. anyway, it was gone when I collected the car. nevermind! a couple of weeks later I took the car back to get cleaned again, and I mention about the 40 baht to one of the guys from last time. I was more laughing if anything, but he didnt see the funny side I guess coz when I got back there was a hugh Z shape scratch on the passanger door :( <deleted>!

That taught me a few lessons.

Empty everything out of the car before you go to get it cleaned

if somebody does something wrong then you cannot make them lose face by telling them :bah:

obviously OP you made this pratt lose face by telling him he didnt do it right the first time. and so he fuc_ked it up good and proper the 2nd time. what a :jerk: . not you, the key guy is a Jerk.

if somebody does something wrong then you cannot make them lose face by telling them

I have a highly visible small (2ft long) tomahawk/axe in the map pocket of my drivers door, never had an issue with money disapearing from my vehicle.

Edited by Spoonman

if somebody does something wrong then you cannot make them lose face by telling them

I have a highly visible small (2ft long) tomahawk/axe in the map pocket of my drivers door, never had an issue with money disapearing from my vehicle.

wow, where can i get one of those?

Yeah but one day you'll be short one axe :lol:

well I held my temper went back and thanked him saying - key 100% now even though it wasn't.

You are being Sarcastic yes? :blink:

no he destroyed the key on purpose by buffing the end off it and buffing one of the keys right off but he got no pleasure from it.

:lol: you just never know what is going to happen next in this country!

a couple of years ago I took my car in to get cleaned and left 40 baht in the door. I didnt think it would be taken, didnt really even think about it. anyway, it was gone when I collected the car. nevermind! a couple of weeks later I took the car back to get cleaned again, and I mention about the 40 baht to one of the guys from last time. I was more laughing if anything, but he didnt see the funny side I guess coz when I got back there was a hugh Z shape scratch on the passanger door :( <deleted>!

That taught me a few lessons.

if somebody does something wrong then you cannot make them lose face by telling them :bah:

obviously OP you made this pratt lose face by telling him he didnt do it right the first time. and so he fuc_ked it up good and proper the 2nd time. what a :jerk: . not you, the key guy is a Jerk.

That is part of the Thai culture, criticising their work or their conduct results in negative reaction, as a house owner one has to be particular careful when dealing with electricians, plumbers, and roofers, as they will create hidden problems elsewhere, one must of course correct them when their work is not up to scratch and errors have occurred, but it has be done "tip-toe" style together with a continuous "dental" smile order to avoid other "hidden" problems.