Your Thai Wife?

SiamOne

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What I can't understand is all the guys who live in Thai villages. How on earth did they all meet their wives?

More importantly, why do they want to get married with this type of uneducated girl? Fair enough the guys who can speak Thai, but how many times have I seen a married couple speaking in sign language. Are these guys not embarassed to have been conned by such uneducated girls. How can they travel  in Thailand, don't they know that all other Thais are laughing at them? Especially the ones who marry Isarn girls who are 10 years younger than them.

I met  my wife when travelling in Italy.

Thai people can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker. That is why us normal couples get such a bad time in Thailand, due to these idiots that get conned by farmers daughters.

Does your breath smell?

Or are you just talking out of your A*se?

yes, all that was very nasty

nothing wrong with ex-hookers (a pejorative word, maybe bar girl is nicer), and farmers daughters are not all uneducated!! I have a degree from Bangkok, and my father was a rice farmer in Isaan. My elder sister married an American (she met him while working on a cruise boat, not as a hooker) and she/he paid for our education.

and maybe some guys are not very educated themselves, in spite of being farang. I have met many guys like that, just site workers or plumbers etc, no education, and they fall in love with strong healthy farm girls....suits them fine.

so, stop being so superior and judgemental, it hurts people

Thai people can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker. That is why us normal couples get such a bad time in Thailand, due to these idiots that get conned by farmers daughters.

If Thai people "can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker", why do you "normal" couples get a hard time?

Sounds like you look down on uneducated people. Uneducated does not mean unintelligent. You are obviously educated but rather unintelligent. There's my proof.

What I can't understand is all the guys who live in Thai villages. How on earth did they all meet their wives?

More importantly, why do they want to get married with this type of uneducated girl? Fair enough the guys who can speak Thai, but how many times have I seen a married couple speaking in sign language. Are these guys not embarassed to have been conned by such uneducated girls. How can they travel  in Thailand, don't they know that all other Thais are laughing at them? Especially the ones who marry Isarn girls who are 10 years younger than them.

I met  my wife when travelling in Italy.

Does your breath smell?

Or are you just talking out of your A*se?

yes, all that was very nasty

nothing wrong with ex-hookers (a pejorative word, maybe bar girl is nicer), and farmers daughters are not all uneducated!! I have a degree from Bangkok, and my father was a rice farmer in Isaan. My elder sister married an American (she met him while working on a cruise boat, not as a hooker) and she/he paid for our education.

and maybe some guys are not very educated themselves, in spite of being farang. I have met many guys like that, just site workers or plumbers etc, no education, and they fall in love with strong healthy farm girls....suits them fine.

so, stop being so superior and judgemental, it hurts people

Fair comment

QUOTE(saraburioz @ 2005-08-13 13:46:38)

If Thai people "can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker", why do you "normal" couples get a hard time?

Sounds like you look down on uneducated people. Uneducated does not mean unintelligent. You are obviously educated but rather unintelligent. There's my proof.

No I don't look down on uneducated girls.

I just find it strange, after living in Thailand for 7 years, that there are so many well educated farangs that marry girls that they can't even talk to. Ive met guys that love intellectual conversations that they can never have with the girl that they have married. I really think that they have been conned. Most guys I know eventually split up. I admit maybe a bit cruel to point out the truth. Maybe I will shut up in future.

Welcome to the Forum, Saraburioz. Not a great way to make friends but perhaps you can redeem yourself by sharing with us your definition of 'normal couple'.

Well it certainly wouldn't include him!  Perhaps his educated, normal wife could post next time. Thais seem to talk sensibly on here 

Normal couple? Those with similar interests and not some guy who finds his wife in Pataya after living in Thailand for 2 weeks, marrys her and buys a bar.

If someone with a wife from Isaan who lives in Pattaya, is far from normal.

Man, come on :o My last word on the subject. I just had a couple of posts as I have a friend who was looking at this site a few days ago so thought I would have a look myself.

I just find it strange, after living in Thailand for 7 years, that there are so many well educated farangs that marry girls that they can't even talk to. Ive met guys that love intellectual conversations that they can never have with the girl that they have married. I really think that they have been conned. Most guys I know eventually split up. I admit maybe a bit cruel to point out the truth. Maybe I will shut up in future.

No, saraburioz, you don't need to shut up in future, as this is a discussion forum. However, in your post you are relating uneducated, to being able to speak a foreign language. I would assume that you are educated but when you first went to Thailand could you speak Thai? and for that matter after 7 years are you now fluent? In my experience, many Thai's can speak pretty good English.....to say they have never been to England (or english speaking countries). I have a Masters Degree but cannot speak Thai fluently, am i therefore un-educated? In can have intellectual conversations when talking to my wife, it's just sometimes, i need a Thai-English dictionary with me. Food for thought mate, when posting :o

Normal couple? Those with similar interests and not some guy who finds his wife in Pataya after living in Thailand for 2 weeks, marrys her and buys a bar.

Man, come on :o  My last word on the subject. I just had a couple of posts as I have a friend who was looking at this site a few days ago so thought I would have a look myself.

Yeah yeah...

Simple really -

We've heard it all before

Haveaniceday.

Man, come on  My last word on the subject. I just had a couple of posts as I have a friend who was looking at this site a few days ago so thought I would have a look myself.

Hang on, in your first post you were going on about farang who live in villages, now you've changed it to those who live in Pattaya.

Make up your mind! :o

Welcome to the Forum, Saraburioz. Not a great way to make friends but perhaps you can redeem yourself by sharing with us your definition of 'normal couple'.

Well it certainly wouldn't include him!  Perhaps his educated, normal wife could post next time. Thais seem to talk sensibly on here 

Man, come on :D My last word on the subject. I just had a couple of posts as I have a friend who was looking at this site a few days ago so thought I would have a look myself.

You've looked now!

So see ya :o

Man, come on  My last word on the subject. I just had a couple of posts as I have a friend who was looking at this site a few days ago so thought I would have a look myself.

Hang on, in your first post you were going on about farang who live in villages, now you've changed it to those who live in Pattaya.

Make up your mind! :o

loong ..lets him go .. maybe he doesn't mean anything

BTW .. my buffalo sicks ,plus someone will keep my rice field ..my parents are not well, do you have some bucks for me? :D:D

Bambi :D

ps..saraburioz we're happy to hear any post from you ,no worry

Edited by BambinA

[attachmentid=10

I met mine on the net and I was not even looking. I had just escaped after a failed mariage with a Hilltribe girl and had enough. She was in BKK doing her Masters and had been in Chiang Mai before.

I came to BKK and we met and it was something made in heaven.

I am the luckiest guy in my mind now.

We are in USA togeter and believe me she likes the money here but would never forget Chiang Mai where we will retire someday soon.

post-7789-1124110119_thumb.jpg

I guess love just isn't enough for you?

Bambi............BTW .. my buffalo sicks ,plus someone will keep my rice field ..my parents are not well, do you have some bucks for me?

Bambi, if your Buffalo is sick I suggest you find a good vet. Do you know any?

Not sure about bucks, but I might manage a F..(deleted) or two :o:D:D:D

Saraburioz,

You seem to be a very angry and unhappy man but there's no need to project your feelings of inadequacy onto the rest of us. When you learn to accept yourself you will also learn to be less judgemental of others and to take pleasure in the fact that each of us is different from the others. You and your wife are no better than anyone else and, perhaps, no-one else is better than you.

To be a bit more basic, if you come onto a forum such as this and insult a substantial proportion of its members and their partners, you can expect to get a good lashing.

Saraburioz,

You seem to be a very angry and unhappy man but there's no need to project your feelings of inadequacy onto the rest of us. When you learn to accept yourself you will also learn to be less judgemental of others and to take pleasure in the fact that each of us is different from the others. You and your wife are no better than anyone else and, perhaps, no-one else is better than you.

To be a bit more basic, if you come onto a forum such as this and insult a substantial proportion of its members and their partners, you can expect to get a good lashing.

you probably right Morden

so where did you meet your Thai wife??

No, saraburioz, you don't need to shut up in future, as this is a discussion forum. However, in your post you are relating uneducated, to being able to speak a foreign language. I would assume that you are educated but when you first went to Thailand could you speak Thai? and for that matter after 7 years are you now fluent? In my experience, many Thai's can speak pretty good English.....to say they have never been to England (or english speaking countries). I have a Masters Degree but cannot speak Thai fluently, am i therefore un-educated? In can have intellectual conversations when talking to my wife, it's just sometimes, i need a Thai-English dictionary with me. Food for thought mate, when posting :o

I may be goping off-topic (and for that/if so I apologize), but it was said above something to the effect that not all Isan women are uneducated. And this is clearly the case, I know several women (and men) from the NE that have good education & jobs (married to one, working together with several).

But - once educated, would any of these women (or men, for that matter) ever consider going back to their village and live there? Not only is there unlikely to be any work, but I doubt that many would even want to. Poor educational prospects for their kids, questionable health services, poor infrastructure, etc.... In addition, they are unlikely to hook up with a spouse from the same area, so that means at least one partner living in a place he/she has no connection to, no relatives or childhood friends in, etc.

I am not saying it never happenes, but I don't think it happens a lot....

Sorry, SiamOne, this is all way off your topic. We met in BKK through an agency. She's a farmer's daughter from Isaan. I'd booked a holiday and was prepared to walk away from the idea of meeting someone through an agency if it didn't feel right but we just clicked.

I learned many years ago not to judge people by their background, education, job or social standing. Many people in LOS are caught in an economic trap and are unlikely ever to be wealthy in a material sense. However, the people that I have met around Pak Thong Chai could teach many of the Brits that I know a great deal about quality of life and family values. My experience is also that a Thai woman will put a great deal more committment into a marriage than many British women that I have met.

I learned many years ago not to judge people by their background, education, job or social standing. Many people in LOS are caught in an economic trap and are unlikely ever to be wealthy in a material sense. However, the people that I have met around Pak Thong Chai could teach many of the Brits that I know a great deal about quality of life and family values. My experience is also that a Thai woman will put a great deal more committment into a marriage than many British women that I have met.

Well said. A very enlightened post.

Would be careful re the British women reference tho, will maybe raise some hackles. :o

As for commitment to a relationship, British men and women are probably both guilty of lack of commitment.(at times)

Would be careful re the British women reference tho, will maybe raise some hackles. :o

As for commitment to a relationship, British men and women are probably both guilty of lack of commitment.(at times)

I agree, good post Morden but take note of Loongs point. :D

To summarise, we have had posts made from a variety of perspectives with varying views and experiences and guess what.......people all over the world get divorced due to various reasons.

Now, back to the question, i met my wife in Jomtien. For me that was the luckiest detour i have ever taken. :D

Point taken, Loong, but I was really just comparing my experience of Thai ladies with the 'available' British ones that I have known. I accept that many other British women are wonderful (but they all seemed to have good husbands! :D) .

Sorry, SiamOne, this is all way off your topic. We met in BKK through an agency. She's a farmer's daughter from Isaan. I'd booked a holiday and was prepared to walk away from the idea of meeting someone through an agency if it didn't feel right but we just clicked.

yes, it seems that Thai women are more committed than Farangs. maybe that has to do with cultural background and family. In the west it seems that divorce is an easy option. In Thailand it is a difficult one, to be avoided if possible. Maybe I am wrong about western values though. I am sure divorcing is just as hurtful there as here!!

SiamOne,

The working class family culture in the UK was once very similar to what I have seen of the country community that I know in Thailand. Family members all lived very close to one another and helped each other when problems arose. This was all finally destroyed in the 1950's and '60's when their communities were demolished, mothers were encouraged to get full-time jobs and the State took over care of children and the elderly. In our quest for a better material standard of living, we forgot about the values that really mattered. Let's hope that Thailand doesn't go the same way.

In the west it seems that divorce is an easy option. In Thailand it is a difficult one, to be avoided if possible. Maybe I am wrong about western values though. I am sure divorcing is just as hurtful there as here!!
Divorce in Thailand can be very easy if both parties are in agreement.

As for commitment (Thai Style), my opinion is that Thai women are usually more commited to the family than Thai men.

When things get a little difficult, many Thai men will just walk and not give a thought to the financial support of their wife or children.

The working class family culture in the UK was once very similar to what I have seen of the country community that I know in Thailand. Family members all lived very close to one another and helped each other when problems arose. This was all finally destroyed in the 1950's and '60's when their communities were demolished, mothers were encouraged to get full-time jobs and the State took over care of children and the elderly. In our quest for a better material standard of living, we forgot about the values that really mattered. Let's hope that Thailand doesn't go the same way.

This has already happened to a certain extent. People are no longer satisfied with their standard of living and so have migrated to the cities. Nowadays most want what the West has, televisions, cars etc.

Unfortunately many go in search of this affluence, but still end up in low paid jobs and paying high rent. Nearly always they end up being exploited by the rich, who get richer by keeping them poor. There are rewards in the cities, but usually only for those who have had the benefit of higher education (beyond the reach of most) and those who are prepared to enter prostitution or suchlike.

Whatever the story, I see very little money returning to the families from those who work away. This does not include where a farang husband or boyfriend (!) is involved of course.

Edited by loong