Your Thai Wife?

SiamOne

Ok, back to topic and que violins,

I walk into a Jazz club on one of those sois off Suk 55 Bangkok, (down near the Witches Tavern I think. There used to be loads of Jazz clubs round there, this was about 93, can’t vouch if there’re still there now though).

Sorry, “walk in” sounds like I just wandered in like a stray soi dog. I was actually taken there by a Thai businessman who had a love of Jazz, as I do.

Well, he ordered a bottle of Chivas from his personal stash and we began to drink and smoke and chat and enjoy the Jazz.

(Any Farang who has spent any amount of time in Pattaya, or the like, would understandably testify under oath that Thai musicians where the world’s worst, but believe me, there are some Heaven sent Thai Jazz musicians in the Big Mango. (High, High Caliber).

(This is a regular Jazz club, by the way, no hostesses or take aways or such like).

Anyhoo, we are sitting there, all mellow like, when this absolute drop dead gorgeous total vision walks onto the stage.

Long black low cut dress, long, sooo’ long black silky hair and a face like I had never seen before. She smiled and I nearly fell off my chair.

She talked for a while in Thai, at that time I was not familiar with the Thai language so I did not know what she was saying, but her voice was remarkable, deep, soft and very very sexy.

She started to sing, (Sade song, Smooth Operater), her singing voice was exceptional, and I guessed she was some sort of Thai Jazz star, slumming it, hanging out with the “real Jazz community”.

Especially as she only sang the one song and then left, to great applause, I might add.

So there I was, totally mesmerized, wondering what the <deleted> had just happened, with my Thai acquaintance sippin his Chivas, looking round, as if nothing had happened.

Who was that, I asked him, what? he said. The girl on the stage just now, who was it?

Eh? he said. I couldn’t believe it, he didn’t even notice.

I will now cut a very long story short and tell you that this girl was a not a Thai Star, or anything like it, but an Issan girl who loves music and singing.

Apparently she had pestered the club owner so much that he allowed her one song whenever she showed up suitably dressed for the part.

That was then, this is now. We have been together for about 12 years now. Married for 10.

She is not so stunning now, not so slim, (a wee bitty fat actually), but she is still my Jazz Star and I still love her “Too Much”.

There, I've said, ( thank God she doesn't log on to TV).

(Kayo! where are you when I need you , stop me won’t you)!

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I know a chap who met his missus in the UK, she was a student. ( but she didn't seem to do much studying)

Well he says to me the same thing as saraburioz posted, about ex hookers etc. Says that he & his wife just laugh when they see farang men with Isarn girls, laughing at how the girl is probably ripping him off.

He called his marriage a genuine marriage.

She's shagging someone behind his back. :o

doh!

My first ever night in Thailand my mate who lived here at the time picked a bargirl off the top of the bar she was dancing on and sat her on my lap, that was 5 years ago and we havn't spent more than 5 days apart since.

I did what Sariburioz says isn't normal, bought a bar after 2 weeks with my last £900, now we've got 2 cars, a six wheel truck, nice house, herd of cows, 2 dogs, extended family, sick buffalos...life couldn't be better, oh and the Thai's that look at us cos the farangs getting ripped off.

If Sariburioz is so p1ssed about what Thai's think of him and his normal marriage he'd be better off p1ssing off back to whatever hole he crawled out of.

I know a chap who met his missus in the UK, she was a student. ( but she didn't seem to do much studying)

Well he says to me the same thing as saraburioz posted, about ex hookers etc.  Says that he & his wife just laugh when they see farang men with Isarn girls, laughing at how the girl is probably ripping him off.

She's shagging someone behind his back.    :o

doh!

:D:D:D

totster :D

I do know that the times we have gone to the temple here in the states. Most of the Women there have to wear soo much gold and just act they are someone special because of thier husband. It seems to be a real status thing. My wife is from the deep south but did get away and she just can't tolerate these phoneys.

Thre is a real difference because people here in USA don't know much about the places in Thailand where women come from, so these women play off this to make themselves something I believe they are not. It is alot different getting togeter with other Thai's here in the USA.

Says that he & his wife just laugh when they see farang men with Isarn girls, laughing at how the girl is probably ripping him off.

doh!

because only Isaan girls rip people off.................. :D

Thai racism towards one another rears its ugly head again......

Well he says to me the same thing as saraburioz posted, about ex hookers etc.  Says that he & his wife just laugh when they see farang men with Isarn girls, laughing at how the girl is probably ripping him off.

doh!

well, it does sound like a genuine marriage then!!

Ok, back to topic and que violins,

I walk into a Jazz club on one of those sois off Suk 55 Bangkok, (down near the Witches Tavern I think. There used to be loads of Jazz clubs round there, this was about 93, can’t vouch if there’re still there now though).

Sorry, “walk in” sounds like I just wandered in like a stray soi dog. I was actually taken there by a Thai businessman who had a love of Jazz, as I do.

Well, he ordered a bottle of Chivas from his personal stash and we began to drink and smoke and chat and enjoy the Jazz.

(Any Farang who has spent any amount of time in Pattaya, or the like, would understandably testify under oath that Thai musicians where the world’s worst, but believe me, there are some Heaven sent Thai Jazz musicians in the Big Mango. (High, High Caliber).

(This is a regular Jazz club, by the way, no hostesses or take aways or such like).

Anyhoo, we are sitting there, all mellow like, when this absolute drop dead gorgeous total vision walks onto the stage.

Long black low cut dress, long, sooo’ long black silky hair and a face like I had never seen before. She smiled and I nearly fell off my chair.

She talked for a while in Thai, at that time I was not familiar with the Thai language so I did not know what she was saying, but her voice was remarkable, deep, soft and very very sexy.

She started to sing, (Sade song, Smooth Operater), her singing voice was exceptional, and I guessed she was some sort of Thai Jazz star, slumming it, hanging out with the “real Jazz community”.

Especially as she only sang the one song and then left, to great applause, I might add.

So there I was, totally mesmerized, wondering what the <deleted> had just happened, with my Thai acquaintance sippin his Chivas,  looking round, as if nothing had happened. 

Who was that, I asked him,  what?  he said. The girl on the stage just now, who was it?

Eh? he said. I couldn’t believe it, he didn’t even notice.

I will now cut a very long story short and tell you that this girl was a not a Thai Star, or anything like it, but an Issan girl who loves music and singing.

Apparently she had pestered the club owner so much that he allowed her one song whenever she showed up suitably dressed for the part.

That was then, this is now. We have been together for about 12 years now. Married for 10.

She is not so stunning now, not so slim, (a wee bitty fat actually), but she is still my Jazz Star and I still love her “Too Much”.

There, I've said, ( thank God she doesn't log on to TV).

(Kayo! where are you when I need you , stop me won’t you)!

What a cool story. Finding a Thai girl that sings Sade in a jazz club is a special find, even if she is a wee bitty fat now. :o

Edited by bkkmadness

SiamOne,

The working class family culture in the UK was once very similar to what I have seen of the country community that I know in Thailand. Family members all lived very close to one another and helped each other when problems arose. This was all finally destroyed in the 1950's and '60's when their communities were demolished, mothers were encouraged to get full-time jobs and the State took over care of children and the elderly. In our quest for a better material standard of living, we forgot about the values that really mattered. Let's hope that Thailand doesn't go the same way.

You've hit on one of the more perplexing aspects of 'modern' society, because there is no solution.

Many mothers now go out to work to earn money for 'luxuries' which they believe they cannot do without but which people were once more or less content without. Kids often come home to an empty house, instead of a nice warm kitchen and the smell of dinner cooking.

But, morally, can we deny an intelligent woman going out to work? Of course not, at least in the western world. So there is no solution, and the family infrastructure is damaged.

In my perfect world I would make a law that one partner can work and the other stays at home to raise the family. They can choose which parent does which.

SiamOne,

The working class family culture in the UK was once very similar to what I have seen of the country community that I know in Thailand. Family members all lived very close to one another and helped each other when problems arose. This was all finally destroyed in the 1950's and '60's when their communities were demolished, mothers were encouraged to get full-time jobs and the State took over care of children and the elderly. In our quest for a better material standard of living, we forgot about the values that really mattered. Let's hope that Thailand doesn't go the same way.

You've hit on one of the more perplexing aspects of 'modern' society, because there is no solution.

Many mothers now go out to work to earn money for 'luxuries' which they believe they cannot do without but which people were once more or less content without. Kids often come home to an empty house, instead of a nice warm kitchen and the smell of dinner cooking.

But, morally, can we deny an intelligent woman going out to work? Of course not, at least in the western world. So there is no solution, and the family infrastructure is damaged.

In my perfect world I would make a law that one partner can work and the other stays at home to raise the family. They can choose which parent does which.

The country Thai families, at least those that I know in Isaan, share parenting within the wider family circle rather than keep the responsibility for a child only with its parents. This allows the wage-earning parents to work while the children are cared for by grandparents or other non-wage-earners in the family. I suppose that this might make it easier for butterflyman Dad to flutter off completely but it seems a better system than leaving children on their own or in the hands of minders. And boy, do the kids look so much happier than many of the spoilt brats that I see in the UK.

A bit off topic again but lets regard it as about 'Why I'm still with my Thai wife' so that it's at least related to it. :o

QUOTE(saraburioz @ 2005-08-15 17:54:55)

Welcome to the Forum, Saraburioz. Not a great way to make friends but perhaps you can redeem yourself by sharing with us your definition of 'normal couple'.

Well it certainly wouldn't include him!  Perhaps his educated, normal wife could post next time. Thais seem to talk sensibly on here 

Normal couple? Those with similar interests and not some guy who finds his wife in Pataya after living in Thailand for 2 weeks, marrys her and buys a bar.

If someone with a wife from Isaan who lives in Pattaya, is far from normal.

Man, come on  My last word on the subject. I just had a couple of posts as I have a friend who was looking at this site a few days ago so thought I would have a look myself.

You've looked now!

So see ya 

Actually Dave, this looks like kinda fun, I might hang around.

How did you meet your wife, by comparing tatoos? :o

Are you starting to realise that your gf doesn't actually stay with you because of your athletic build and good looks.

No, saraburioz, you don't need to shut up in future, as this is a discussion forum. However, in your post you are relating uneducated, to being able to speak a foreign language. I would assume that you are educated but when you first went to Thailand could you speak Thai? and for that matter after 7 years are you now fluent? In my experience, many Thai's can speak pretty good English.....to say they have never been to England (or english speaking countries). I have a Masters Degree but cannot speak Thai fluently, am i therefore un-educated? In can have intellectual conversations when talking to my wife, it's just sometimes, i need a Thai-English dictionary with me. Food for thought mate, when posting 

Good on you mate!

I was actually not relating what you suggest. Of course after 7 years I am pretty fluent and can read everything, but not write many words. Who wouldn't be? Well I know I have met a few. It is possible to learn Thai in 6 months if you try.

I'd say if you try to learn Thai, ie spend about 1 hour a day, and then you can't learn after 5 years(I have known same) then you probably ain't too bright.

QUOTE(saraburioz @ 2005-08-15 17:54:55)

Welcome to the Forum, Saraburioz. Not a great way to make friends but perhaps you can redeem yourself by sharing with us your definition of 'normal couple'.

Well it certainly wouldn't include him!  Perhaps his educated, normal wife could post next time. Thais seem to talk sensibly on here 

Normal couple? Those with similar interests and not some guy who finds his wife in Pataya after living in Thailand for 2 weeks, marrys her and buys a bar.

If someone with a wife from Isaan who lives in Pattaya, is far from normal.

Man, come on  My last word on the subject. I just had a couple of posts as I have a friend who was looking at this site a few days ago so thought I would have a look myself.

You've looked now!

So see ya 

Actually Dave, this looks like kinda fun, I might hang around.

How did you meet your wife, by comparing tatoos? :o

Are you starting to realise that your gf doesn't actually stay with you because of your athletic build and good looks.

Trying to upset me now :D

How did you meet your wife, by comparing tatoos? :D
I have'nt got any the tattoo's, the wife has them all.

Not athletic in any way, shape or form i'm afraid. :D

I have'nt got any the tattoo's, the wife has them all.

With your apostrophe use, I'd say you were Russian?

1) to form possessives of nouns, 2) to show the omission of letters, and 3) to indicate plurals of letters, numbers and symbols.

:D:D:D:D:o

That's a bit rude. Your spelling and grammar isn't perfect either. Also, this is not the first time that you have made a comment about nationality.

Are you here looking for trouble? If so, please go away because we just want to have a quiet chat.

I am interested to know how you met your Thai wife (or husband)

The most common way (from a poll I held in London) was in a bar. The second was agency, the third internet.

I met my husband on the internet, just started emailing each other and etc. When he came to Bkk we arranged to meet up and....the rest is history.

how about you!! :o

i MET MY WIFE ON WWW.BANGKOKCHAT.ORG we feel in love on line then met in bkk then got married in phichit and we have a son now nice story for us :D

I am interested to know how you met your Thai wife (or husband)

The most common way (from a poll I held in London) was in a bar. The second was agency, the third internet.

I met my husband on the internet, just started emailing each other and etc. When he came to Bkk we arranged to meet up and....the rest is history.

how about you!! :o

i MET MY WIFE ON WWW.BANGKOKCHAT.ORG we feel in love on line then met in bkk then got married in phichit and we have a son now nice story for us :D

Bangkokchat sounds good, I never been there

nice to fall in love on-line!! good for you

although we met online too, we did not really "fancy" each other at that point, just like chatty friends, but when we met first time, that was very exciting.

It was love at first whatever!!

Hey nakmuay,

being a punter since 16, have you ever tried "real" girls?Having endless girls in Thailand means you´re the biggest pimp on pocket-money ?

But surely your "life-experience" enables you for a future with that lovely 22 y´old with irrelevant past.

The good thing is that you can´t loose your own money at that age, only Mom & Dad´s.

Thai people can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker. That is why us normal couples get such a bad time in Thailand, due to these idiots that get conned by farmers daughters.

If Thai people "can tell a mile off when a foreigner is with an ex-hooker", why do you "normal" couples get a hard time?

Sounds like you look down on uneducated people. Uneducated does not mean unintelligent. You are obviously educated but rather unintelligent. There's my proof.

Here is a perfect example. I met a thai girl from a wealthy family in that was in the USA for her masters degree. She already had a bachelers in English she obtained from a university in thailand but could not speak very well. She never worked in a Bar but she sure liked going to the bars in the USA. When we went to Bangkok the taxi drivers and tuk tuk drivers would speak to her in Isaan or Northern Thai. She would get really pissed off because she assumed that they thought she was a bar girl. Any way this girl turned out to be quite the slut so I left her for a poor hilltribe girl who is now my wife.

I met her working in an eatery in Thailand and she spoke pretty good english. She was raised in a catholic school and learned her english there. She graduated from technical school but flunked the math portion of the University entrance exam. ( I assume that if she was from a wealthy family she would have been admitted no matter how poorly she had done on the test.) She was a virgin and pretty innocent as far as far asmost things were concerned. She did not start getting messed up in the head until we moved into a moo baan that had a few other falangs living there with ex bar girl wives. They filled her head with so much bullshit it drove me nuts.

Any way I have been married for 6 years and still consider my uneducated poor hilltribe wife 1,000 times better than the rich educated bangkok girl that I used to be with.

post-19317-1124411479.jpg

What the h3ll is the point here. I don't think there is a point. This is getting as bad as white girl vs. Thai girl.

Look, hilltribe, city girl doen't matter. Some are good, some are bad. This goes for every group of people any one can think of. It sounds like a bunch of guys trying to pat themselves on the back to make sure they got the best toy on the block.

Why does anyone care where anyone else is from. Judge the person.

Any way I have been married for 6 years and still consider my uneducated poor hilltribe wife 1,000 times better than the rich educated bangkok girl that I used to be with.

I like the picture, she is very beautiful. Why she like you??

sorry, just a joke.

but the point you make is silly, very subjective. You know one educated girl and one hilltribe girl, and make a case from that. Like anywhere, all types of people in all types of classes, but I am glad you got lucky with your second attempt.

:o:D