Accounting/finance Software Help

Hi All,

I am trying to find accounting/finance/barcode inventory management software to use for a retail business in Thailand. If possible, the program should be in Thai and English either at the same time or able to toggle between the languages. If this is not available, then English but designed for Thailand. So far I have only found Thai language software.

Anyone currently using a system like this? If not, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

-Thai fan

I would also need such a software!!!

I think hard to get.

I would be happy if there is an english software which is fine for Thailand (1 Invoice, 5 copies with printed copy, 1 receipt) and all that Thailand specific things.....

Hi All,

I am trying to find accounting/finance/barcode inventory management software to use for a retail business in Thailand.  If possible, the program should be in Thai and English either at the same time or able to toggle between the languages.  If this is not available, then English but designed for Thailand.  So far I have only found Thai language software.

Anyone currently using a system like this?  If not, any ideas?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thank you.

-Thai fan

I am going to overload information here.. :D

You can use any standard small/mid range Accounting Software like quick books, Accpac, peachtree for this purpose. Some thai companies sell and implement above packages. You can get to know these companies from the Thai accounting magazine publish by Dharmanithi Audit firm. I have seen they advertise in that magazine. Any thai accountant should know what I am talking about.

For example, Accpac is supported by FMS, Bhathra Progress, Actron etc.

Prices will depend on the modules you would like to implement. For example, Accpac - A/R, A/P, GL, Cashbook, Systems Manager, Inventory,Sales with SQL (microsoft) will comes to around 750,000-1,000,000 range with implementation cost. If you need manufacturing to cover, that will cost another 500,000 up. Above prices includes training as well.

About Thai text. You can use English Version of the package with some Thai reports. For report writing, you can use any standard report writing software which support the database you are going to use. Ex: Try Crystal Reports.

Bar coding. Normally the inventory control module/Sales module comes with this addition, inbuilt or sometimes you have to purchase it separately.

No of copies to print in Invoices etc.. Again a simple thing to do for the person who develop the custom made reports.

Above is the right way to do it. But, if you are a small time retailer and looking for an unlicensed product :o then, you can buy any other accounting software from Panthip and implement it.

If you need any more information, feel free to ask.

kwiz

Above is the right way to do it. But, if you are a small time retailer and looking for an unlicensed product  :D then, you can buy any other accounting software from Panthip and implement it.

kwiz

Just one question - will panthip sellers issue a Tax Invoice for me if I buy an accounting software there? :o

Above is the right way to do it. But, if you are a small time retailer and looking for an unlicensed product  :D then, you can buy any other accounting software from Panthip and implement it.

kwiz

Just one question - will panthip sellers issue a Tax Invoice for me if I buy an accounting software there? :o

Very thoughtful and important question..!

Yes, if you ask they will issue and you can certainly claim it when you file the VAT return.

normaly not, but maybe they are willing to discount it from 1.000.000 Baht to 100 Baht (only for you), but this does not include VAT, setup and training :o:D

We use Peachtree and it has really some bugs!

I can not manage that it prints invoice Original/Copy/Receipt in one step, I have to print 3 invoices and set different forms.

invoices are sorted wrong!!! Invoices No. greater 1000 come before 900 because 1<9 or it maybe only checks 3 digits.

Under some conditions you can produce 2 invoices with the same invoice number, no warning at all.

No Thai fonds supported.

I wish I would have gone with MYOB instead (will try it after 1.Jan2006).

kwiz

Just one question - will panthip sellers issue a Tax Invoice for me if I buy an accounting software there? :D

Hi Kwiz118,

Thanks for the information.  I do not want to buy Pirated software at Panthip.  However the systems you mentioned are a little bit pricey.  Any recommendations for a lower cost system?

Thanks for your help!

-Thai fan

Hi,

Yes, Thai revenue department has to accept the accounting package. I have heard they have an approved list of accounting packages and if you prefer to write your own coding, I think they have a procedure to get that approved as well.

If you google, you will find thousands of Accounting software. Better to stick with a brand name software and a reputed thai company for your accounting needs in Thailand.

Try quickbooks or accpac online versions. I think those prices are cheaper and it is easy for you to maintain.

kwiz

Edited by kwiz118

Thank you for your responses. I have been doing a lot of research and have found some products that seem to work, but they are from small companies I do not know. Can anyone recommned a product or programmer they have used?

All help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Thai fan