Has The 90 Rule Been Changed?

I recently read in another Thai forum that the 7 day window for 90 day reports has been abolished. It was reported by a person who'd I'd class as a very reliable source that this was the case and now you must report just before your due date or on the actual date but no later, otherwise you will incur a 2,000 baht fine. Has anyone had any dealings on this matter recently who can answer this question first hand. Thanks.

I've heard exactly the same thing that the OP is describing so we need an urgent update by those in the know or there are going to be a lot of 2000 baht fines. You can't rely on the immigration website.

It's a no brainer.

You could always do it in the 7 day period before the due date and save all the trouble and stress of relying on somebody else.

I have to drive 125 km each way to make a report in person or 6 km each way to the post office.

Believe Mario2008.

He is very good and rarely incorrect.

Edited by billd766

Whatever happened to punctuality?

Maybe some haven't lived here long enough to avoid being suckered in by these government offices where you are given an 'official' 7 days leeway depending on local holidays, bureaucratic indifference, local office peccadilloes, the Immigration Officers penchant for a bottle of Hennesey or some low-level paper shufflers whim of fancy, ignorance or just a bad mood.

Think of it like your credit card bill; pay before or on the due date but anything beyond that, despite assurances to the contrary, is at your peril. If you live in T. Teenai Mailoo, A. Nakhon Nowhere where transport logistics require some degree of pre-planning, you do have 3 months to get that sorted out and calendars with pictures of HM on are ubiquitous and free in LOS.

I always go in the week leading up to my due date. Unfortunately this means I'll be visiting in February for my next 90 days, March for my annual extension and then again in May for the next 90 days.

However, mine is done during working hours, and of course, immigration is always oh so busy, takes three hours.  :whistling: So my boss thinks.