Hazelnut Liqueur/

retiredusn

Amaretto is an bitter almond liqueur

Did you mean made from bitter almonds or that the liqueur itself is bitter.

Being a liqueur I would class it as very sweet myself.

It's been quite awhile since I had any Amaretto, as I remember it, Amaretto never was a bitter drink!

The name is a diminutive of the Italian amaro, meaning "bitter", indicating the distinctive flavour lent by the mandorla amara--the bitter almond or the drupe kernel. However, the bitterness is not unpalatable, and the flavour is enhanced by sweeteners, and sometimes sweet almonds, in the final products.[2] Therefore, the liqueur's name can be said to describe the taste as "a little bitter". Conflation of amare and amore ("love") is primarily responsible for the associations with romance.[/url]Amaretto should not be confused with amaro, a different family of Italian liqueurs that, while also sweetened, have a stronger bitter flavour coming from herbs.

from Wikipedia

uff...

The name is a diminutive of the Italian amaro, meaning "bitter", indicating the distinctive flavour lent by the mandorla amara--the bitter almond or the drupe kernel. However, the bitterness is not unpalatable, and the flavour is enhanced by sweeteners, and sometimes sweet almonds, in the final products.[2] Therefore, the liqueur's name can be said to describe the taste as "a little bitter". Conflation of amare and amore ("love") is primarily responsible for the associations with romance.[/url]Amaretto should not be confused with amaro, a different family of Italian liqueurs that, while also sweetened, have a stronger bitter flavour coming from herbs.

from Wikipedia

uff...

uff....

Nevermind the description provided by Wikipedia, have you ever personally tasted Ameretto? Or Frangelico Liqueur? As others have said, it is sweet, but not overly so, and it is most definetly not bitter. Next time you're in a big international type bar, if they have either of these 2 liqueurs, try it.

Being english my second language, I just want to make clear tha I said

Amaretto is an bitter almond liqueur

meaning for my bad english: "is a liqueur made with bitter almond."

Being italian I think I know the taste of Amaretto Disaronno, Frangelico, Nocino, (Almond, hazelnut and walnut liqueurs, all of them disgustingly sweet)

I would imagine some of the upmarket stores might stock it in their alcohol sections...try Villa Market at The Avenue, the Tops Market in the basement of the Central Beach mall, or either of the Best Market liquor stores at 2nd Road and Central Road or at the north-east corner of the dolphin roundabout at Naklua Road and North Pattaya road.