Thai Politicians Urged To Have Morality

webfact

Politicians urged to have morality

BANGKOK, 22 November 2010 (NNT) - National Reform Assembly urged Thai leaders, politicians, and high ranking officials to work under the principles of morality in order to bring peace and development to the country.

The Ombudsman Office yesterday held a seminar on moral restoration among leaders, executives, and politicians in particular.

According to Ombudsman Pramot Chotmongkol, low moral standards have led to social divisiveness in Thailand. The frequent lacks of quorum in the House meetings, which slow down the legislation process; unfair promotions and transfers of government officials, and the recent release of scandalous video clips in relation to important figures have also been caused by lack of moral value; therefore, virtue and morality must be instilled in those in the political sector so the nation can return to peace.

over the past 3-4 years Meanwhile, Paiboon Wattanasiritham, a National Reform Assembly member, said that lack of morality in the political sector has plunged the society into chaos; the country needed a reform. He also urged high ranking officials and politicians to be good role models in terms of moral principles.

nntlogo.jpg

-- NNT 2010-11-23 footer_n.gif

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

A frog was waiting by the side of a stream. A scorpion came up and wanted to cross over on the back of the frog. Of course the frog said no way, you are going to sting me. The scorpion kept imploring the frog to cross, promising that he would not sting the frog. Finally the frog relented, the scorpion hopped on the frog's back, and away they went crossing the stream. Halfway across , the scorpion stung the frog. The frog turns around and asks the scorpion in amazement why he did that, as they were now both going to die. The scorpion replied back, I could not stop myself,  it is in my nature......

I think the government should publish a list of MPs absent from parliamentary meetings after the news every day on every channel,keeping a running total of their absences. Name them and shame them.

But barring a few urban constituencies the same faces from the same families would just get reelected as the big family supported canvassers turned the voters out to reselect them

The fish stinks from the head down. The school of minnows calling themselves politicians looking after the interests of the public are more like sharks. They are in it for themselves only and the money they can make. As others in this post have said, I continue to shake my head. I would never use morality and politicians in the same sentence. cool.gif

There are immoral politicians all over the world. They even exist in countries where you face legal punishment for actions or public disgrace in the media.

If there are no apparent punishment or chances of disgrace for politicians in Thailand, what hope that they are all of a sudden going to become moral?

Are the people simply to ask them nicely to be good, and hey presto they will be good people?

This really is like dealing with children. If you have no way to punish bad behaviour, kids will act badly. It isn't lack of moral standards that have let the country get like this, it is the lack of appropriate and swift sanction for wrongdoing that has caused the problem.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

A frog was waiting by the side of a stream. A scorpion came up and wanted to cross over on the back of the frog. Of course the frog said no way, you are going to sting me. The scorpion kept imploring the frog to cross, promising that he would not sting the frog. Finally the frog relented, the scorpion hopped on the frog's back, and away they went crossing the stream. Halfway across , the scorpion stung the frog. The frog turns around and asks the scorpion in amazement why he did that, as they were now both going to die. The scorpion replied back, I could not stop myself,  it is in my nature......

:boring:

Today I drove home behind a small van carrying school children of a very young age. I'd estimate a bus full of 8 year olds. A constant stream of litter was thrown out; cartons of drinks, sweet wrappers etc.

The point is that no adult on the van did anything to intervene. So the children have no moral compass; no role model adult. So I witness the young without a sense of morality and an adult in charge of children also without a sense of right and wrong.

That's typical across Thailand. It is a society without morals, professionals without ethics; organisations without standards. Bangkok pubs flaunt the rules and 60 die in the inferno. Same in Pattaya. Death at Siam Paragon as a child falls to its death as there is no balcony rail. The examples are endless.

A friend of mine reckoned that 99% of thais were corrupt. The other one percent were simply awaiting their chance.

How often have you suffered the antics of an out of control child ina restaurant or shopping mall where the parents seem oblivious to appalling tantrum behaviour? It is a common place occurrence. The Thais will not act responsibly with their children neither do they apply a normal level of moral certitude to their own lives.

And where they do approach anything resembling compassionate morality it is bizarre. I witnessed a well dressed Thai at a Loi Kratong celebration point to a single baht in the road, gesturing for the beggar to seize it. There was no inclination to give money or to hand over a meal, but at best there was this strange attempt to do what exactly?

I despair for Thailand. The Thais are their own worst enemy and they do it to themselves. Malaysia streaks ahead; Singapore and Hong Kong operate ina different universe; Burma has the potential to roll back 50 years of stagnation over night; Cambodia is climbing out of genocide; Vietnam has forged ahead and put a War behind it; Laos can blame communism, but what excuse can you find for Thailand?

I would argue none other than it simply implodes. Currently, we have red versus yellow so it couldn't be simpler. We, the much maligned foreigners, couldn't have planned it any better.

A friend of mine reckoned that 99% of thais were corrupt. The other one percent were simply awaiting their chance.

Did he have a Chang in his hand as he said it?

Edited by mca

Today I drove home behind a small van carrying school children of a very young age. I'd estimate a bus full of 8 year olds. A constant stream of litter was thrown out; cartons of drinks, sweet wrappers etc.

The point is that no adult on the van did anything to intervene. So the children have no moral compass; no role model adult. So I witness the young without a sense of morality and an adult in charge of children also without a sense of right and wrong.

That's typical across Thailand. It is a society without morals, professionals without ethics; organisations without standards. Bangkok pubs flaunt the rules and 60 die in the inferno. Same in Pattaya. Death at Siam Paragon as a child falls to its death as there is no balcony rail. The examples are endless.

How often have you suffered the antics of an out of control child ina restaurant or shopping mall where the parents seem oblivious to appalling tantrum behaviour? It is a common place occurrence. The Thais will not act responsibly with their children neither do they apply a normal level of moral certitude to their own lives.

And where they do approach anything resembling compassionate morality it is bizarre. I witnessed a well dressed Thai at a Loi Kratong celebration point to a single baht in the road, gesturing for the beggar to seize it. There was no inclination to give money or to hand over a meal, but at best there was this strange attempt to do what exactly?

I despair for Thailand. The Thais are their own worst enemy and they do it to themselves. Malaysia streaks ahead; Singapore and Hong Kong operate ina different universe; Burma has the potential to roll back 50 years of stagnation over night; Cambodia is climbing out of genocide; Vietnam has forged ahead and put a War behind it; Laos can blame communism, but what excuse can you find for Thailand?

I would argue none other than it simply implodes. Currently, we have red versus yellow so it couldn't be simpler. We, the much maligned foreigners, couldn't have planned it any better.

spot on! Thais have no sense of responsibility - they are like twelve year olds in many ways

PLEASE HELP US!

I know this is just a forum but we are desperately looking for our dog and maybe you could help.

REWARD OFFERED! we have lost our dog in RAWAI - PHUKET ISLAND on the 7th of NOVEMBER 2010 around 8 am.

The dog is a brown and white

MONGREAL JACK RUSSELHe is called RUSTY and has a BLACK MEDAL with his

name If you have any information, please contact us by email at [email protected] or contact us at +66 878 882364 We offer a 25.000 THB REWARD if you find our dog alive - or 2.000 THB for any important and proved information.

You can also get in touch on facebook: ketty cummins

Thanks for all your help!!!

IMO, hate to say it, there is probably a better chance of a TV member finding your dog, then a Politician here understanding the definition of morale's and principals (let alone employing and adopting it). Best of luck finding Rusty the Jack.

"moral restoration" ?? does that mean it existed before? or do they mean moral awaking?

AWAKE???? LOL and in "Buddhist Thailand." Amusing Thailand. LOLOLOLLOO

More talk, which seems like what is done very well here. Not Truth, but just words. I'm Shaking my Head (SMH) too.

Morality/Thai politics/Elites? LOL now I wonder if I can spell oxymoron. Kinda like a business/ethics class. LOLOLOL

I know!!! How about this: Thailand- the hub of Asian morality. :-)

not to be a skeptic but I'd love to compare Paiboon and Pramot 'official' govt salaries to their financial wealth,,, just wondering,,,

kids at Uni in Europe i would bet!!! nice mercedez benzss

and AGAIN when was this magic time "return to peace" "back to normal" When was there "conciliation">>???

read up on Thai history and just can't find this dusit thani among all the coups, constitutions, riots and political upset,,,

but who got very, very rich??? DUH

Think I'll go down the road to the local Club House and warn them P & P might come calling if they don't put mufflers on those Harley's!!

hah ha ha

hey you;ve got stop yer evil ways,,,

the only way for corruption to end is from the Top,,, like in Sibgapore

I see that the Judges do not need to adhere to the same request.

It was indeed quite funny Abhisit telling parents to teach children about morals after the abortion scandal. Maybe not appointing a minister of Commerce who owns a brothel (poseidon) would have been a great example.

Right on, but overall I think Thailand is still cleaner that the Philippines.

Morality begins in the schools. And the Thai culture of not asking questions to those who are perceived to be "above them" is part of Thai culture. The editor of the Bangkok post posted an article some months ago, including how shamed he was at Thai culture of never being allowed to question those in charge including teachers , doctors etc etc. Why does Thailand persist in living in the dark ages and yet trying to be a major player in the currency market at the cost of the indigenous population and falling exports. I just see 1997 happening all over again.. This is no different to China in the 90's , currently the Celtic Tiger and dare I say it the USA who thought they were above regulation of banking regulation and through their arrogance and greed, brought the whole financial WORLD into chaos as we have today... No I am not bashing the USA but having studied the rise and fall of countries over the past 100 years and their GDP based upon greed by bank owners, governments and their total lack of concern for the public in their countries, I make my thoughts known......And now we have the Euro countries who have been self regulating without taking ownership and providing honest answers to the peoples of their countries, are heading for a serious fall. But Jo public is the one who is affected and those in power continue to draw their huge salaries and benefit from insider dealings, without any compassion for those unemployed or with mortgages and families.

How sad!!!

It just keeps getting more insane..day by day...I shake my head also :blink:

Edited by Raindancer

One has to have a shot in the dark, how about some free speech being allowed first, no wounder there's no morality, ya can't say nothin.

And yet, so much is said. Funny that.

There are immoral politicians all over the world. They even exist in countries where you face legal punishment for actions or public disgrace in the media.

If there are no apparent punishment or chances of disgrace for politicians in Thailand, what hope that they are all of a sudden going to become moral?

Are the people simply to ask them nicely to be good, and hey presto they will be good people?

This really is like dealing with children. If you have no way to punish bad behaviour, kids will act badly. It isn't lack of moral standards that have let the country get like this, it is the lack of appropriate and swift sanction for wrongdoing that has caused the problem.

Correct. It's just that the people and the media are the magnets on the Thai moral compass.

And when someone is proven to be corrupt, there is violent rioting to give him amnesty.

Hard to imagine how anyone will feel the need to act with morality and ethics, when the people continue to vote in corrupt representatives, and then decry the moral / ethical for their not 'dealing' with the corrupt guys they voted in more 'expediently' or 'morally'.