Hp Printer Cartridge [60] Refill Service

A_Traveller

Anyone know if the HP Printer Cartridges [Models 60 Black & Tri-Colour] can be refilled and reused? I've been advised that some HP cartridges have chips designed to stop reuse/refilling.

Any advice gratefully received. It's a domestic printer which drinks ink like it going out of fashion, despite fiddling around with print settings/ modes.

If they can be refilled, anyone recommend a shop, ideally at Fortune in Bangkok.

TIA

Regards

HP printers are like that! They use a lot of ink if you clean the heads. The cartridges don't contain much ink and dry out easily. The worst offender is the tri-color cartridge. There have been many discussions on Thai Visa before about this subject.

Correct, the cartridges for HP printers have chips that can't be reset. The most I have ever been able to refill them is 3 times.

Refillable cartridges, or ink tanks can't be fitted to HP printers.

Any shop that refills cartridges or sells ink, can refill them. But they can't reset the chips. So if the driver says it's out of ink. Toss the cartridge.

I've found it better to toss the printer and buy a printer that refillable cartridges or ink tanks can be fitted.

IMHO HP printers make very good doorstops! Of course there are HP fanatics, that will tell you otherwise. Just like there are Apple fanatics that will tell you Apple makes the best computer in the world. :whistling:

I will never buy a HP Inkjet Printer again!

Edited by BB1950

I've been refilling my HP Cartridges for almost a year already. Just like BB1950 said, HP do not recommend you to refill and its chip can't be reset. However, it works on my printer even though the printing speed is a little slow than before.