Pattaya Zoom Dance Festival

toenail

Just in case you don't know (you know how the city seems to have limited details about their future city events/ festivals) this weekend will be Pattaya Zoom festival. There will be 5 stages set up around the city with DJ's (some top Dj's from other countries) playing techno and other dance hits. There will be DJ's from Bangkok also. Admission will be free.

Ok, we all know about the main stage being at Bali Pier, but what about the location of the other 4 stages? I suppose they will be placed along Beach Road -- so be ready for a bottle neck or it being closed starting Friday evening. The whole event is suppose to be broadcast on Fashion TV. Any more info?

http://www.zoomout-f....com/Venue.html

Looks like it is worth a visit

Looks like all the stages with the Dj's and mega speakers will all be at Bali Pier... Having 5 different music dance venues in one area seem to be a bit much on the ear with the overlap of music.

Agreed...looked great at first, but the stages are too close to each other.

Ok, tonight is Pattaya's ZOOM OUT at Bali Hai pier. there is still very little info out there. (I wonder how organized it will be) Oh well, the graphic designer for the posters most likely made a nice profit. I am glad the stages will NOT be along Beach Rd.

Edited by toenail

Yes, I went Saturday night around 11pm. the DJ stages were all facing the same direction so there was not a "battle of the sounds" in my head. Each stage played a different sound of dance club music..the last stage (huge with all the lights, big screens, and trimmings" - was runned by Insomnia. It had the largest crowd. I thought it was a well runned event. Plenty of security. Looking at all the beer booths, it seemed more people were expected. I also noted there were NOT that many BKK people there so I wonder if this even was advertised enough. Most of the people were tourists and local Pattaya Thais.

I was there both nights...Saturday was excellent. There was a dj from Germany on from 11-1am and then a top dj from the US(Chris Lawrence) on from 1-3am and then Dom the thai singing superstar did a set..all at the main stage. I thought the whole thing was organized very well...sound was good and the drinks were not expensive...all of this for free...there are some really great things about Pattaya and this free weekend dj show was one of them.

Edited by ericg1953