American Football

ChuckZ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm thinkin' we might win this one! Geez, a 91 yard, 10:17 drive to a TD. I don't know if I have ever seen ANY NFL game in which the "attitude" of the winning team was so evident. I mean, the word "statement" just isn't strong enough for this. "Cheaters"? I got your "cheaters" right HERE!!

I'm thinkin' we might win this one! Geez, a 91 yard, 10:17 drive to a TD. I don't know if I have ever seen ANY NFL game in which the "attitude" of the winning team was so evident. I mean, the word "statement" just isn't strong enough for this. "Cheaters"? I got your "cheaters" right HERE!!

calibanjr.

What speed is your connection and what channel did you find the  game on sopcast? I like the idea of watching the games from my desk now that True has not negotiated a deal for us to watch via regular TV.

Like I said, they have to do this all year to show the rest of the league they don't need to cheat to win. It is a long season. BTW, the Pokes are also 2-0.

calibanjr.

What speed is your connection and what channel did you find the  game on sopcast? I like the idea of watching the games from my desk now that True has not negotiated a deal for us to watch via regular TV.

I too would like to know the speed which you guys are watching the sopcast or TVU broadcasts on? I have TOT adsl which I think is only 512 (about 800 baht a month here in Pattaya). I have tried watching the Broncos games the last 2 weeks on the TVU broadcast, but it is mainly just a bunch of digital pixels scrambled about and once in a while a regular picture of the game in progress. Using that, I at least could keep up a little bit with the score and sometimes even about 5 seconds of a play. I'm just wondering if I can do better than that? Do I need to upgrade my adsl connection or change to True or what? I haven't tried the sopcast. Is it better than TVU? Sorry for so many questions. TIA

calibanjr.

What speed is your connection and what channel did you find the game on sopcast? I like the idea of watching the games from my desk now that True has not negotiated a deal for us to watch via regular TV.

I too would like to know the speed which you guys are watching the sopcast or TVU broadcasts on? I have TOT adsl which I think is only 512 (about 800 baht a month here in Pattaya). I have tried watching the Broncos games the last 2 weeks on the TVU broadcast, but it is mainly just a bunch of digital pixels scrambled about and once in a while a regular picture of the game in progress. Using that, I at least could keep up a little bit with the score and sometimes even about 5 seconds of a play. I'm just wondering if I can do better than that? Do I need to upgrade my adsl connection or change to True or what? I haven't tried the sopcast. Is it better than TVU? Sorry for so many questions. TIA

I watched the Broncos/Raiders game (great finish btw), and the Titans/colts on the TVU broadcast last night. Stayed up until 7AM Thai time - hard up.

I'm on true and no problems whatsoever. A few spots where it delayed, but only a few.

He won't cut him loose. Belichick is far and away the best coach in the NFL. I am not a Pats fan, but fact is fact.

No, Kraft won't do that. I'm just happy he issued a statement that so plainly stated, "I didn't know nothing, all Belichick's fault." I tend to cheer for the Patroits when my hometown teams are sucking, which is most of the time, and the guy is a great coach. I just like laughing at him because, hey, I'll mock anybody.

Watching on SOPcast. End of the half 24-0. Last drive Brady overthrows long on a pretty clear TD, then throws an INT (behind the receiver) to pretty much end the half, OK, Brady's human we know that. But man, there isn't a team (including Indy) that I'd prefer felt the "us against them" wrath of a p*ssed off Pats team.

So sopcast apparently will not work with mac. does anyone know of a mac version of sopcast?

thx

Sopcast? TVU? I am clueless about these. Are they safe? Is there a cost? Can anyone please provide safe links for me to download?

Thanks in advance.

Come on guys, any info would be helpful. I have googled TVU and read about it at C/Net, but someone on C/Net wrote that you get a virus if you download the NVU player. I don't know and since some of you have it, please let me know the url where you downloaded the player. I can figure out the rest. I could put this in the internet section, but a quick answer is all I am looking for.

Sopcast? TVU? I am clueless about these. Are they safe? Is there a cost? Can anyone please provide safe links for me to download?

Thanks in advance.

Come on guys, any info would be helpful. I have googled TVU and read about it at C/Net, but someone on C/Net wrote that you get a virus if you download the NVU player. I don't know and since some of you have it, please let me know the url where you downloaded the player. I can figure out the rest. I could put this in the internet section, but a quick answer is all I am looking for.

viidoodotcom you can download the tvu player. when the player opens it has a list of channels, including cbs5 in bay area. here's the link for the station program guide:

cbs5

Does everyone here already know about TenYardTorrents.com? NFL games with out the commercials. They are delayed in showing them, but they cut out ads so that's huge.

---Spoiler---

Just watched the Packers nail the giants.

Yea and I have been trying forr two weeks to get a demonoid invite code off thier forum so i can start downloading and i cannot get one. seems that the time zones work against me as all the posters are in NA and when i get to my mac here in bkk they are all taken

if there are any TV memebrs who are part of demonoid and can pm me a invite code it would be GREATLY appreciated, i need some football.

thx

Well they just had the Monday night game on CNBC – started at 11, and finished around 3. Hope they continue to do this every week - better late than never. Also showing the Oklahoma/Tulsa game on ESPN right now (already in the 4th quarter) - don't know if they had a game on friday - I was busy and did not check.

Well they just had the Monday night game on CNBC – started at 11, and finished around 3. Hope they continue to do this every week - better late than never. Also showing the Oklahoma/Tulsa game on ESPN right now (already in the 4th quarter) - don't know if they had a game on friday - I was busy and did not check.

Hey T! Thanks for the tip. I looked at the CNBC schedule, which is buried in that "summary" section at the front of the Truevisions monthly mag. It lists "CNBC Sports" as its program every Saturday, from 11-3. Maybe that will be the MNF game every week? Of course, I'm really not too high on watching replays. I follow the NFL pretty closely, so, whether I see the games or not, I know all of the results on the day the games are played. The "live" stuff is all I'm interested in, with the significant exception of any Patriots games that I don't get to see live.

But this CNBC schedule is, at least, a source for anyone who's team plays in the MNF games, or so it would appear.

By the way, that schedule also indicates that they show "The Tonight Show" following that sports programming at 3:00 PM. I've been looking for that also. I don't know if they're all the same episode, but they also list it at 9:00 PM on Saturdays, and at 3:00 PM on Sundays. I'm going out to dinner tonight, but I'll check out the Sunday 3:00 PM show.

(Maybe we need a new "American TV" thread for those of us who miss our "vast wasteland", huh? Some very good to great shows are carried on UBC - 24, Prison Break, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, CSI NY, Law & Order SVU, and a few others that slip my mind at the moment. But there's FAR too much of the "reality show" garbage, repeated over and over and over again! It's bad enough ONCE! (Ripley's Believe It Or Not; Maximum Exposure; Ultimate Guinness; Whacked Out Sports; Fear Factor; Pirate Master; etc.) I'd love to see them replace some of that crap, especially the incessant repeats, with the late night talk shows: Leno, Letterman, and Conan. Man, I'd actually pay them to allow me to run their programming department!) :-)

- George

Hey T! Thanks for the tip. I looked at the CNBC schedule, which is buried in that "summary" section at the front of the Truevisions monthly mag. It lists "CNBC Sports" as its program every Saturday, from 11-3. Maybe that will be the MNF game every week? Of course, I'm really not too high on watching replays. I follow the NFL pretty closely, so, whether I see the games or not, I know all of the results on the day the games are played. The "live" stuff is all I'm interested in, with the significant exception of any Patriots games that I don't get to see live.

But this CNBC schedule is, at least, a source for anyone who's team plays in the MNF games, or so it would appear.

By the way, that schedule also indicates that they show "The Tonight Show" following that sports programming at 3:00 PM. I've been looking for that also. I don't know if they're all the same episode, but they also list it at 9:00 PM on Saturdays, and at 3:00 PM on Sundays. I'm going out to dinner tonight, but I'll check out the Sunday 3:00 PM show.

(Maybe we need a new "American TV" thread for those of us who miss our "vast wasteland", huh? Some very good to great shows are carried on UBC - 24, Prison Break, Desperate Housewives, Grey's Anatomy, CSI, CSI NY, Law & Order SVU, and a few others that slip my mind at the moment. But there's FAR too much of the "reality show" garbage, repeated over and over and over again! It's bad enough ONCE! (Ripley's Believe It Or Not; Maximum Exposure; Ultimate Guinness; Whacked Out Sports; Fear Factor; Pirate Master; etc.) I'd love to see them replace some of that crap, especially the incessant repeats, with the late night talk shows: Leno, Letterman, and Conan. Man, I'd actually pay them to allow me to run their programming department!) :-)

- George

I found the Okla. game by accident, but didn't know about MNF, so that is good to know. On Leno, it is different shows on Saturdays and Sundays. The shows are one to three weeks old from the US. When you catch Leno's monologue you know how old the show is as he always has topical jokes in the monologue. Also Survivor China started last night (Friday).

- George

I found the Okla. game by accident, but didn't know about MNF, so that is good to know. On Leno, it is different shows on Saturdays and Sundays. The shows are one to three weeks old from the US. When you catch Leno's monologue you know how old the show is as he always has topical jokes in the monologue. Also Survivor China started last night (Friday).

yea well 10 pm sat night and i just read ths so surfed around and there is the same okla game on espn 65 - listed as major league baseball

it boggles my mind how difficult this is for them. i am just getting a few more things in place then i will be dropping true and going with an alternative - its just too much hassle and a real waste of money.

- George

yea well 10 pm sat night and i just read ths so surfed around and there is the same okla game on espn 65 - listed as major league baseball

it boggles my mind how difficult this is for them. i am just getting a few more things in place then i will be dropping true and going with an alternative - its just too much hassle and a real waste of money.

It is everything you say it is. However, in my house Disney Channel rules, so I know I am stuck with it.

- George

It is everything you say it is. However, in my house Disney Channel rules, so I know I am stuck with it.

so just surf the channels and there is the bears / kc game on ch 64 (tsp4) it started at 1700. anyone know if it was in the schedule? i did give up looking ......

Will October be better? I'm not expressing optimism on this, but I will speculate that there is a *possibility* that the ESPN Star decision to drop the NFL really caught Truevisions by surprise. Perhaps, having had all of September, and all of our protests, to work something out, they will put out a more accurate schedule in the October magazine.

As I said, I'm not optimistic. I'm just presenting a reason to hold out some hope. I will add that, if they don't do so, it will convince me of their total incompetence with regard to the whole concept of scheduling. Personally, I'm only counting on video streaming of games. Whatever comes on UBC, I'll take. But I'm not expecting much from them anymore.

Hoping that they prove me wrong!

Will October be better? I'm not expressing optimism on this, but I will speculate that there is a *possibility* that the ESPN Star decision to drop the NFL really caught Truevisions by surprise. Perhaps, having had all of September, and all of our protests, to work something out, they will put out a more accurate schedule in the October magazine.

As I said, I'm not optimistic. I'm just presenting a reason to hold out some hope. I will add that, if they don't do so, it will convince me of their total incompetence with regard to the whole concept of scheduling. Personally, I'm only counting on video streaming of games. Whatever comes on UBC, I'll take. But I'm not expecting much from them anymore.

well seeing this game i decided to take another look - and surprise surprise!!!!!! :o

i have the october printed schedule. i just looked at the sun oct 7 / mon oct 8.

here is what i see...

sun 0700, nfl 2007

sun 1600 nfl 2007 pats v cinnci

mon 0000 nfl 2007 sea v pitt

mon 0315 nfl 2007 sd v den

mon 1900 nfl 2007

mon 2130 nfl 2007

those last two may be repaets of the early am games

wow could it be some light is starting to show in this tunnel.....

well seeing this game i decided to take another look - and surprise surprise!!!!!! :o

i have the october printed schedule. i just looked at the sun oct 7 / mon oct 8.

here is what i see...

sun 0700, nfl 2007

mon 1900 nfl 2007

mon 2130 nfl 2007

Well, the Pats play Cinci on Monday night, Oct 1. So that game would be "live" here at 7:30 Tuesday morning, Oct 2. If the schedule above is correct, that game will be a week old when they show it.

The SEA-PIT, and SD-DEN games would be the "live" games played at 1:00 and 4:00, USA ET that Sunday.

Those 1900 and 2130 games would obviously be replays, since there are no NFL games played at 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM, USA ET. Same with the Sunday at 0700 game. That would be 8:00 PM Saturday in the USA. Not on any NFL schedule I've seen.

AGAIN, it appears that they are trying, but just have NO CLUE of what they're doing, or how to read the NFL or USA TV schedules.

HIRE ME, TRUEVISIONS! I CAN HELP, AND WILL WORK FOR FREE!! :-)

here is what i see...

sun 0700, nfl 2007

mon 1900 nfl 2007

mon 2130 nfl 2007

now the pats chargers are on cnbc (73) maybe last weeks game but i have been in a football bubble so that is ok

here is what i see...

sun 0700, nfl 2007

mon 1900 nfl 2007

mon 2130 nfl 2007

now the pats chargers are on cnbc (73) maybe last weeks game but i have been in a football bubble so that is ok

Now that really pisses me off! I didn't get to see this game last week. I listened to it on the NFL.com's "Field Pass" radio feed. This was a HUGE win for my Patriots. Your tip came in as the game entered the 4th quarter. Oh well. I still appreciate that you took the time to post this. Thanks!

here is what i see...

sun 0700, nfl 2007

mon 1900 nfl 2007

mon 2130 nfl 2007

Well, the Pats play Cinci on Monday night, Oct 1. So that game would be "live" here at 7:30 Tuesday morning, Oct 2. If the schedule above is correct, that game will be a week old when they show it.

The SEA-PIT, and SD-DEN games would be the "live" games played at 1:00 and 4:00, USA ET that Sunday.

Those 1900 and 2130 games would obviously be replays, since there are no NFL games played at 8:00 AM and 10:30 AM, USA ET. Same with the Sunday at 0700 game. That would be 8:00 PM Saturday in the USA. Not on any NFL schedule I've seen.

AGAIN, it appears that they are trying, but just have NO CLUE of what they're doing, or how to read the NFL or USA TV schedules.

HIRE ME, TRUEVISIONS! I CAN HELP, AND WILL WORK FOR FREE!! :-)

so what about this game on now pats v sd, is it from last week or was it played this week on thurs or ???? if it is from last week maybe that is what they are going to do, or maybe they are just playing catch up a bit...who knows.

oh ok i look at the sched and this is a repeat from last week so for most it is useless, but i am not following the season specifically so i can watch games as i get them, so i am ok