American Football

ChuckZ

To: True Visions

Kantima Kunjara, Director for Communications

Chulathai Salidupta, Senior Manager for Programming

Dear Sirs: I really don’t want to seem like a pest, however I want to address your companies decision not to purchase additional American football (NFL) games for the 2007 season. In years past UBC and last year True Visions had four games per week on your live sports schedule. This year you have added several sports channels but cut the number of live NFL games by 50% to two.

For your information, the Sunday night games and Monday Night Football games are scheduled by the NFL to be high profile games usually involving teams with wining records and established worldwide interest. Not only do these schedules benefit the fans it is an advantage to the networks and advertisers as well. These games were shown live on Monday and Tuesday mornings which were convenient for the fans here in Thailand.

The Sunday night game this week between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers was a very important game and went down to the last second of play. The Monday Night Football game between the Buffalo Bills and the Dallas Cowboys was a come from behind victory that turned out to be the best game so far this year. True Visions show dozens of live sporting events from around the world every week. There are not very many live sporting matches on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Perhaps the taped broadcast of the regional badminton match could have been preempted to bring live NFL games to Thailand.

If ESPN and/or Star Sports do not want to schedule the games I would hope your company would buy the feed or run a tape immediately after the game is over. True Visions is a popular topic of scorn, at least here in Bangkok, when it comes popular programming. To improve the company image you must improve programming content. By my count, True visions and its parent company, Charoen Pokphand Group, have recently contributed more than Bt100 million to political parties here in the Kingdom. Surely some monies can be found and dedicated to buy a few NFL games.

Your consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't stand Jerry Jones. I'm a "team" guy. That includes the "NFL team". Jones is 100% "ME FIRST". He is the only owner who refuses to share advertising revenue with the rest of the league. It's the "sharing" philosophy that helped the NFL grow to the strong organization it is today. He wants the Cowboys to be a "stand alone" organization, when it suits him, while raking in the profits that are the direct result of being part of the NFL.

Patsfangr, this is an odd comment about Jerry Jones given the Pats coach that you idolize just last month was caught cheating other NFL teams, which resulted in huge fines and losses of draft choices next year.

Those that live in glass houses......

Pats haters will never let go of the word "cheating" for that, will they? Belichick broke a league rule. The information gathered from the video camera is no more valuable than information gathered by any number of other means by all teams; such as advance scouts, binoculars in the coaches box, etc. That's the opinion expressed by most of the present and former NFL coaches who have commented on it. Additionally, it's generally acknowledged that there were many other NFL teams doing the same thing. None of them were back-stabbed by a petulant, ungrateful, weasel, as Belichick was by Mangini. The press loves a story that brings down the people at the top; whether it's in sports, entertainment, or politics. So they exaggerate the story, and will do everything they can to keep it alive as long as possible. It's a lot easier than working to find new, real material to report on.

In any case, that situation has nothing to do with Jones greedy "loner" attitude toward the golden goose that's making him richer. As I said, the NFL's success is due, in no small part, to the revenue sharing plan that was created by Pete Rozelle, many years ago. Jones is fighting against that plan, and undermining the league for his own personal profit. That is fact. And he is the only owner doing so.

You are right. Being legally greedy and illegally cheating are not the same thing. Nobody knows whether any other team has cheated as the Patriots have, but it is normal when a cheater gets caught to say "everybody else is doing it".

Personally, I don't like Jerry Jones either (not a likeable guy), however, he is up front with people as to what he believes and does. You may not like it, but he won't lie to you. The coach of the Patriots, on the other hand, while being the best coach in the NFL (in my opinion), went behind everyone's back and was finally caught. He is a great coach, but not a great person. Fortunately, the Patriots owner does not support his actions.

To: True Visions

Dear Sirs: I really don't want to seem like a pest, however I want to address your companies decision not to purchase additional American football (NFL) games for the 2007 season. In years past UBC and last year True Visions had four games per week on your live sports schedule. This year you have added several sports channels but cut the number of live NFL games by 50% to two.

For your information, the Sunday night games and Monday Night Football games are scheduled by the NFL to be high profile games usually involving teams with wining records and established worldwide interest. Not only do these schedules benefit the fans it is an advantage to the networks and advertisers as well. These games were shown live on Monday and Tuesday mornings which were convenient for the fans here in Thailand.

The Sunday night game this week between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers was a very important game and went down to the last second of play. The Monday Night Football game between the Buffalo Bills and the Dallas Cowboys was a come from behind victory that turned out to be the best game so far this year. True Visions show dozens of live sporting events from around the world every week. There are not very many live sporting matches on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Perhaps the taped broadcast of the regional badminton match could have been preempted to bring live NFL games to Thailand.

If ESPN and/or Star Sports do not want to schedule the games I would hope your company would buy the feed or run a tape immediately after the game is over. True Visions is a popular topic of scorn, at least here in Bangkok, when it comes popular programming. To improve the company image you must improve programming content. By my count, True visions and its parent company, Charoen Pokphand Group, have recently contributed more than Bt100 million to political parties here in the Kingdom. Surely some monies can be found and dedicated to buy a few NFL games.

Your consideration in this matter is greatly appreciated.

I agree completely! I'm sure that an e-mail campaign would be very effective if we all re-sent your post as a form of petition, stating that all of the petitioners, are requesting the broadcasts of all Sunday and Monday night football games.

Do you have a True Visions email address that we can all send emails to? If so, I will copy your post exactly and forward it to True visions, indicating my support. Hopefully others on this forum will do the same. Maybe then we can get some results!

Edited by mauiguy90

To Grantbkk,

Hope you don't mind that I edited your post and sent it to True Visions. If we want True Visions to improve programming, we do have to contact UBC individually but also speak as a contingent.

To: True Visions ([email protected])

Dear Sirs:

I am one of a contingent of thaivisa.com members who enjoy watching NFL football on your UBC service. I want to address your companies decision not to purchase additional American football (NFL) games for the 2007 season. In years past UBC and last year True Visions had four games per week on your live sports schedule. This year you have added several sports channels but cut the number of live NFL games by 50% to two.

This past Sunday night game this week between the Chicago Bears and the Green Bay Packers was a very important game and went down to the last second of play. The Monday Night Football game between the Buffalo Bills and the Dallas Cowboys was a come from behind victory that turned out to be the best game so far this year. True Visions show dozens of live sporting events from around the world every week. There are not very many live sporting matches on Monday and Tuesday mornings.

If ESPN and/or Star Sports do not want to schedule the games I would hope your company would buy the feed or run a tape immediately after the game is over. True Visions is a popular topic of discussion, at least here in Bangkok, when it comes popular programming.

There are many members such as myself who would like to see improved programming content in regards to the NFL broadcasts. As members of thaivisa.com, we have had protracted internet discussions about the lack of sufficient NFL broadcasts. I have attached the following thread so you can get an idea of the fervor and breadth of the concerns of our thaivisa.com contingent:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?sh...1978&st=600

At times, our concerns can become quite overt, critical and at times quite impolite but it does demonstrate that there a huge support for NFL broadcasts in Thailand. We would appreciate all that you can do in regards to our concerns.

Randy Kopp

thaivisa.com member ID: mauiguy90

I can't stand Jerry Jones. I'm a "team" guy. That includes the "NFL team". Jones is 100% "ME FIRST". He is the only owner who refuses to share advertising revenue with the rest of the league. It's the "sharing" philosophy that helped the NFL grow to the strong organization it is today. He wants the Cowboys to be a "stand alone" organization, when it suits him, while raking in the profits that are the direct result of being part of the NFL.

Patsfangr, this is an odd comment about Jerry Jones given the Pats coach that you idolize just last month was caught cheating other NFL teams, which resulted in huge fines and losses of draft choices next year.

Those that live in glass houses......

Pats haters will never let go of the word "cheating" for that, will they? Belichick broke a league rule. The information gathered from the video camera is no more valuable than information gathered by any number of other means by all teams; such as advance scouts, binoculars in the coaches box, etc. That's the opinion expressed by most of the present and former NFL coaches who have commented on it. Additionally, it's generally acknowledged that there were many other NFL teams doing the same thing. None of them were back-stabbed by a petulant, ungrateful, weasel, as Belichick was by Mangini. The press loves a story that brings down the people at the top; whether it's in sports, entertainment, or politics. So they exaggerate the story, and will do everything they can to keep it alive as long as possible. It's a lot easier than working to find new, real material to report on.

In any case, that situation has nothing to do with Jones greedy "loner" attitude toward the golden goose that's making him richer. As I said, the NFL's success is due, in no small part, to the revenue sharing plan that was created by Pete Rozelle, many years ago. Jones is fighting against that plan, and undermining the league for his own personal profit. That is fact. And he is the only owner doing so.

You are right. Being legally greedy and illegally cheating are not the same thing. Nobody knows whether any other team has cheated as the Patriots have, but it is normal when a cheater gets caught to say "everybody else is doing it".

Personally, I don't like Jerry Jones either (not a likeable guy), however, he is up front with people as to what he believes and does. You may not like it, but he won't lie to you. The coach of the Patriots, on the other hand, while being the best coach in the NFL (in my opinion), went behind everyone's back and was finally caught. He is a great coach, but not a great person. Fortunately, the Patriots owner does not support his actions.

OK. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, as am I to mine. I do know that no player who has played for Belichick has expressed anything but respect for him, on any front. And, as I'm sure you know, there have been several very high profile players who have left the team, either voluntarily, or via a trade or cut. Is he a "good person"? Well, he's certainly as cold as ice when it comes to issues that he believes may affect his team's chances to win. He'll cut any player. He'll refuse to make meaningful comments on injuries or strategies to reporters. He'll direct his players to be as secretive as he is on such issues. He'll use every motivational tactic, and gamesmanship trick, and technical resource at his disposal. All of these he will do to maximize the chances of victory.

You prove your sincerity and objectivity with your acknowledgement that you consider him to be the best coach in the NFL. I certainly agree with that; and am happy to let this subject rest there. :-)

I'm sorry if I'm getting off topic but I wanted to share something totally new to me but so typical of True Visions. I just sent a letter of complaint to True Visions Customer Care regarding the NFL coverage situation. Keep in mind this is True, an internet service provider. The e-mail was returned stating that the receivers "mailbox has reached its limit".

I'm sorry if I'm getting off topic but I wanted to share something totally new to me but so typical of True Visions. I just sent a letter of complaint to True Visions Customer Care regarding the NFL coverage situation. Keep in mind this is True, an internet service provider. The e-mail was returned stating that the receivers "mailbox has reached its limit".

Sounds like they have more complaints than subscribers! Guess they have no competitors so they don't need to be responsive to subscribers...very pathetic! Let's keep it full anyhow!

I didn't have any trouble when I wrote to the following address:

[email protected]

Edited by mauiguy90

Patsfangr, congratulations. All I can say is that if the Cowboys do make it to the SB, I am glad they won't have to face the Pats anymore. However, the Colts won't be easy to beat either.

All the best,

OMR

LOL! Thanks, OMR. I will also offer my congratulations to you, for the play of the Cowboys. They have some great players (Romo, Barber, Witten, Owens, Ware), and they play with heart. They are the only team thus far this season to take a lead on the Patriots in the 2nd half. This year, however, they don't have as many great players as do the Patriots; and that fact, plus the superiority of Belichick over Phillips, made the difference.

I was very much concerned at halftime, because the Cowboys showed their potential in that explosive 2nd Quarter. But Belichick went in at halftime, studied the video tape, and overpowered them in the second half! ;-)

Seriously, the Patriots just have too many options at the disposal of a great QB like Brady. They have a young, but experienced OL, with a great coach of that unit (Dante Scarnechia), which made adjustments throughout the game to improve their ability to hold off the Cowboys pass rush. With a few seconds in the pocket, and all those receiver options, Brady is impossible to stop.

Before the game, I noted that the Cowboys defense had not been tested by a really good NFL offense. They had allowed an average of 19 Points Per Game going into this one, and the Pats scored 48. Their defensive season averages (now including this game) are: 312 Total Yards; 233 Passing Yards; 80 Rushing Yards. The Patriots totals against them were: 448 Total Yards; 358 Yds Passing; 75 Yds Rushing.

As for the Cowboys' offense, their averages for the season (including this game) are 405 Total Yards; 275 Yards Passing; 131 Yards Rushing; and 34 Points Per Game. Against the Patriots, they had 273 Tot Yards; 173 Yds Passing; 97 Yds Rushing; and, of course, 20 points (from the Offense). Before the game, I noted that they hadn't played any teams with very good defenses. I think you'll agree that this game proved that they're good, but not great, on that side of the ball.

It was, in the end, a total victory by the Patriots over a good, but clearly inferior, Cowboys team.

Oh, about those Colts; their defense, while better than the Cowboys, will have nearly as much trouble stopping the Patriots. Their offense will certainly give the Patriots defense more trouble than did the Cowboys. But, in the games played over the past couple of seasons, the Patriots did not have the offensive firepower to control the ball as well as they can now, and, in doing so, limit the Colts opportunities. Given enough opportunities, the Colts will outscore everybody. I think we'll be in for a shootout, especially in the dome, where the Colts will undoubtedly "cheat" again by turning up the volume when the Pats have the ball (They do that, you know). But, the MUCH improved Patriots offense will win that shootout this year, assuming that the injury situation doesn't screw up the game. It's best to wait until after our next 2 games to get into more detail. But I do believe that you can look forward to a rematch against the Patriots in February!

Edited by patsfangr

Same 2 NFL Games that played "live" last night are about to begin in replay NOW (7:00 PM), on TS4. The Patriots demolition of the Cowboys, which was a very close game from the end of the 1st Quarter, until early in the 4th Quarter, starts at 9:30. If you missed it last night, I think all NFL fans will find it worth watching. Plenty of outstanding plays by both teams, and lots of scoring.

Pats

It does look like your team easily man handled the cowboys(who some say are the best in the NFC) Barring any injuries I think they will win The SB, but that does not mean I won't be cheering for the Steelers when it comes down to that show down. If any defense has a shot at stopping Brady and the boys , I think it would be the BLITZBURGH defense. All the blitz packages give the QB's a hard time.

Anyhow

Ride the wave baby , you got an awesome team!

PKG

STEELERS ROCK!

5 Time Super Bowl Champions

Thanks for the tip, patsfangr!

I watched the first half of Chiefs-Bengals live, so this evening I caught the second half in rerun. I just wanted to get a handle on these two teams, neither of which I'd seen play in this century.

And then, well, a VERY exciting game between the Pats and the Boys. Two great teams, many great players, one great coach. So many subplots that I'm gonna pick the only one I haven't read about. Belichick wears the hoodies and the sweaties because he doesn't want us to know he's fat -- a horrible crime for a control freak -- but in fact he looks much better in the Patriots shirt than in the other stuff, and that controlling aspect of his nature is part of his greatness. It's all good. Someone tell him that since he's living in the office and willing that team to greatness, he oughta just get his food delivery people to visit Subway instead of whatever they're doing now. No need to look sculpted; just stay as healthy as a workaholic can. His critics don't always understand him, but they don't have Super Bowl rings either, so who cares about them?

How will T.O. end his silence? I am a fan of his, but I know his comments will lack the intelligence of oh, say, a NEW ENGLAND PATRIOT! Where's his bicycle? How about some ab crunches in the driveway? At least Romo ain't a homo and he doesn't puke during games. I think the Cowboys can just keep improving, show up in the Super Bowl, and enjoy a bit of redemption in a game they'll lose to New England. I hope that's how it goes down. But Coach Duh-Huh Phillips is about to lose that grin. Maybe he'll eventually start peddling the T.O. Diet, because he's gonna drop a few stones to stress.

Peter King thinks this week's most compelling story is Vinnie and my Panthers winning a game. I love the story, but I don't agree with King about it. I mean, it was only the Cardinals.

Nah, seriously, Vinnie's the kind of QB who can overthrow receivers. But not if the receiver is Steve Smith. I think that's cool for two reasons. Number one, as a QB myself, I never held back. I threw with every ###### thing I had and hoped like heck it arrived where it was supposed to. Fine mind, a love of contact and violence and running it or throwing blocks, but short and with a weak arm. Number two, I did have the tallest and fastest by far receiver of either team, always, so I know the luxury of just letting it fly.

Also, don't you love how these guys bust their booties in training camp, working on rhythm and timing and learning the playbook, just to have some big gray-haired Italian get off the bus and rock the house? I do. Yo Vinnie!

(My name is Michael LaRocca, but I'm not Italian. I was adopted by one.)

This is Power ranking

1. Patriots (6-0)

Sunday: def. Cowboys, 48-27.

Game Trax | Recap

Next: at Dolphins, Oct. 21.

The Skinny: Tom Brady is on a pace to throw 53 touchdown passes and get five defensive coordinators fired this season. The next regular season showdown to end all regular season showdowns: Patriots at Colts on Nov. 4.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Colts (5-0)

Sunday: Idle.

Next: at Jacksonville, Oct. 22.

Team report | Schedule

The Skinny: We should get a good idea as to whether the Colts are capable of repeating over the next four weeks. The pre-Thanksgiving menu looks like this: at Jaguars, at Panthers, home vs. Patriots and at Chargers.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Cowboys (5-1)

Sunday: lost to Patriots, 48-27.

Game Trax | Recap

Next: vs. Vikings, Oct. 21.

The Skinny: Brady is making a lot of secondaries look bad these days, so we're not prepared to drop the Cowboys on the basis of Sunday's loss. But allowing 11 of 17 third-down conversions is no way to take care of your defensive business.

4. Packers (5-1)

Sunday: def. Redskins, 17-14.

Game Trax | Recap

Next: at Broncos, Oct. 29.

The Skinny: Any chance the Packers might go shopping for a running back during their bye week? That could be their key to continued good health during the cold and flu season.

5. Steelers (4-1)

Sunday: Idle.

Next: at Broncos, Oct. 21.

Team report | Schedule

The Skinny: We'd like to see the Steelers come storming out of their bye week with a convincing win over the Broncos. Otherwise, their much-coveted piece of Heap real estate could be on the market.

--Jim McCurdie

I got this off of Fox sports

PKG

STEELERS ROCK!

Pats

It does look like your team easily man handled the cowboys(who some say are the best in the NFC)........

The Patriots won, however, given that the Cowboys were ahead in the third quarter and it was still a close game in the 4th quarter your comment above shows that either you didn't see the game or you don't understand it.

The Pats were clearly the better team, but there was nothing easy about it.

But Coach Duh-Huh Phillips is about to lose that grin. Maybe he'll eventually start peddling the T.O. Diet, because he's gonna drop a few stones to stress.

The biggest fear I have as a Cowboys fan is that Jason Garrett will leave for greener pastures at the end of the season, and Phillips will still be there. I still think Phillips got the job because, after Parcells, Jones wanted a coach he could easily control.

Pats

It does look like your team easily man handled the cowboys(who some say are the best in the NFC) Barring any injuries I think they will win The SB, but that does not mean I won't be cheering for the Steelers when it comes down to that show down. If any defense has a shot at stopping Brady and the boys , I think it would be the BLITZBURGH defense. All the blitz packages give the QB's a hard time.

Anyhow

Ride the wave baby , you got an awesome team!

PKG

STEELERS ROCK!

Let me just note that if there's anybody who can recognize an awesome team, and know how to ride the wave, it's a long time Steelers fan! :-)

I have been fortunate enough to attend 2 Super Bowls. The last, and my most memorable, for obvious reasons, was SB 39, in Jacksonville, back in 2005. My Patriots beat the Eagles in that one, for their 3rd Lombardi Trophy.

The other SB I attended was SB 14, in Los Angeles. In that one, The Pittsburgh Steelers, with Terry Bradshaw, Franco Harris, Lynn Swann, The Steel Curtain, etal., defeated the Los Angeles Rams. What a great game. And what a great team.

The Steelers of the '70's were the best team of the pre Salary Cap era. The Patriots are the best team of the Salary Cap era. The Pats have to win 2 more Super Bowls, with Belichick as their HC, and Brady as their QB, to claim the "unqualified" title as the best team in NFL history. (Yes, the Steelers have won 5; but only 4 were essentially the "same team", with the same HC, and the same QB.) Last year's Steelers' win cannot, IMO, be combined with the 4 that Knox won.

So, thanks, PKG, for your acknowledgement of the Patriots greatness. Most non-Patriots fans choose to find reasons other than the talent, intelligence, and effort of the Patriots coaches and players, for the success of my team. Those who understand the game; have the objectivity to see the facts; and the character to suppress the envy and jealousy that can blur the truth, salute the Patriots' success, as I salute the success of the Steelers' of the 70's, the Cowboys of the 60's, and the 49ers of the 80's.

NFL football is a great game. All NFL fans should appreciate those who play it at the highest level, without regard to their personal loyalties and prejudices.

Also, the Cowboys beat themselves. They had 12 penalties.

I didn't want to say it as it would sound like sour grapes, so I am glad you did. It was the penalties that really killed Dallas. The Pats are still a better team, but things like pass interference on the Cowboys goal line that replays showed didn't happen let this game get out of hand.

The Pats are the best team in the NFL right now. However, they don't have a running game. They need a Corey Dillon or a Jim Nance or a Sam the Bam. Their unsung hero is their offensive line.

Based upon your post, I must assume two things:

1. that this last game is the only Patriots game you have seen or read about, and

2. that you don't look at NFL statistics from any source.

The Patriots rushing yards total is 851 yards. Only the Minnesota Vikings, whose rookie RB, Adrian Peterson, just set a team record with 224 yards on Sunday, are ahead of the Patriots...by ONE YARD, at 851.

No running game? You should be TV analyst, Mack! :o

So, thanks, PKG, for your acknowledgement of the Patriots greatness. Most non-Patriots fans choose to find reasons other than the talent, intelligence, and effort of the Patriots coaches and players, for the success of my team. Those who understand the game; have the objectivity to see the facts; and the character to suppress the envy and jealousy that can blur the truth, salute the Patriots' success, as I salute the success of the Steelers' of the 70's, the Cowboys of the 60's, and the 49ers of the 80's.

NFL football is a great game. All NFL fans should appreciate those who play it at the highest level, without regard to their personal loyalties and prejudices.

Patsfangr, somehow in all this you seem to forget that your almighty Patriots haven't beaten the Colts in over two years! You know I am a Cowboys fan and not a Colts fan, but the Colts are the reigning champions and they are still undefeated this year. Right now, until proven differently, the Colts are the best team in the NFL.

Don't you agree?

Also, the Cowboys beat themselves. They had 12 penalties.

And you're right again, Mack! :D

Yes, the Cowboys had 12 penalties, for 98 yards.

The Patriots had only 54, for 50 yards.

Those 49 yards are what made the difference in the game.

The 448 yards of total offense rolled up by the Patriots may have "helped" some. But it was those 48 yards of penalties that did it.

The 5 TD passes by Brady (which should have been 6, but for the chicken shot call on Moss' "push off" in the EZ), also "helped". But it was those 48 yards of penalties that really did it.

The Patriots had 24 first downs by run and pass. But it was the 4 they got by penalty that beat the Cowboys.

Well, since there was nobody taping the Cowboys defensive signals, it MUST have been something else that led to the Patriots' success. It could not possibly have been superior coaching, and superior players. I guess it had to be the 48 extra yards in penalties that the Cowboys earned for themselves. :o

Patsfangr, somehow in all this you seem to forget that your almighty Patriots haven't beaten the Colts in over two years! You know I am a Cowboys fan and not a Colts fan, but the Colts are the reigning champions and they are still undefeated this year. Right now, until proven differently, the Colts are the best team in the NFL.

Don't you agree?

I agree with a couple of things you've said today, OMR.

First is that this was NOT an easy game for the Patriots. I acknowledged in my first post-game note that the Cowboys are for real, and have a number of outstanding players. This game was, indeed, not won until the 4th Quarter. It was won because the Patriots coaching staff made better adjustements than did the Cowboys staff; and because the Patriots have more outstanding players at key positions than do the Cowboys. I will be amazed if the Cowboys do not win the NFC Championship this year. Only Wade Phillips can prevent that, IMO. (STUPID decision to go for the FG, rather than the TD, late in the game, trailing by 2 TDs. Equally STUPID decision to stop running Barber with 1:40 Remaining in the 3rd Q! He had just made that great run where he punched Harrison in the head. They gave him one more handoff, which only netted a couple of yards. They didn't run him ONE TIME after that!)

Secondly, you are correct in stating that the Patriots haven't beaten the Colts in two years. But have you thought about the reasons why? For the past two seasons, the Patriots have not had anything close to a decent WR corps for Brady to throw to. Last year's crew was composed ENTIRELY of guys who are no better than #3 WRs on any team this season! This year, I think the quality of the receiving corps is obvious to any knowledgeable NFL fan. It is at least the equal of what Peyton Manning has had for his entire career. And he, by the way, has ONE SB ring. Brady has THREE!

The Indianapolis Colts are the World Champions. They will remain the World Champions unless and until another team wins the Super Bowl this year. Even if they lose, as I believe they will, in the Playoffs; they will still hold the title until it formally passes to someone else.

However, holding the title doesn't mean that they are, at every moment in time, the "best team in the NFL". The various ratings of the analysts and media sites acknowledge that. Check the "Power Ratings" presented earlier in this thread. Check the commentary of any NFL news show on TV or on the internet. Currently, the New England Patriots performance in this season makes them the "best team in the NFL." The Colts will have the opportunity to earn that designation on Nov 4, assuming that both teams win their next 2 games, as they should. (Although I would not be shocked by a Jaguars upset of the Colts next week. I can't see the Panthers doing it in Carolina, because they have no QB, and aren't as solid on D as are the Jags.)

I hope you understand my point there, OMR. The title is awarded once a year, and can only change hands after the Super Bowl. But the teams change so much every season, that recognition as "the best team in the NFL" is up for grabs every week. The Colts team we see now is not the one that won the Super Bowl. And, most assuredly, the Patriots team we see now is not the one that lost to the Colts in the AFC Championship last year. I know you will agree with that point. :o

Edited by patsfangr

Last year's Steelers' win cannot, IMO, be combined with the 4 that Knox won.

It's Noll not Knox. Chuck Knox was the coach of the Rams, Bills and Seahawks.

At last! He got one right! :D Pardon my slip of the tongue/fingers. The whole point of my note was, indeed, the name of the HC of those great Steelers' teams. :o