American Football

ChuckZ

I just emailed True regarding the NFL schedule and here is the reply today.

Dear Khun Peter,

We have acknowledged your message and we would like to inform you that it will be showing on True Sport3. The schedule or further details, we will inform you again when we get the confirmation.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your kindness and continued support. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

Maybe I'm just pessimistic; but this sounds like we may have the same problem to start the season that we had last year. That is, only the two Sunday afternoon (US time) games; no Sunday Night Football, or Monday Night Football. Remember that they contracted with 'Goal TV' to add those night games after the first 3 or 4 weeks.

Also, I ran another search on their website. As usual, it came up empty on both NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE and NFL for the month of September. There seems to be no coordination whatsoever between the schedule people and the website. I won't be a bit surprised if, when our monthly magazines arrive, they either don't show any games scheduled, or they're wrong!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just emailed True regarding the NFL schedule and here is the reply today.

Dear Khun Peter,

We have acknowledged your message and we would like to inform you that it will be showing on True Sport3. The schedule or further details, we will inform you again when we get the confirmation.

We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

Thank you for your kindness and continued support. Write us again whenever we can be of further help to you. Please contact us at 02-7252525 or [email protected]

Maybe I'm just pessimistic; but this sounds like we may have the same problem to start the season that we had last year. That is, only the two Sunday afternoon (US time) games; no Sunday Night Football, or Monday Night Football. Remember that they contracted with 'Goal TV' to add those night games after the first 3 or 4 weeks.

Also, I ran another search on their website. As usual, it came up empty on both NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE and NFL for the month of September. There seems to be no coordination whatsoever between the schedule people and the website. I won't be a bit surprised if, when our monthly magazines arrive, they either don't show any games scheduled, or they're wrong!

I don't think they know themselves right now. This doesn't start being a high priority for them until the season starts.

Right now, the way the Pats and Pokes are playing, this may be a blessing in disguise.

TSP2 has shown Into The End Zone a few times, and they didn't even have game footage yet. Favre and Deanna getting off a plane, Favre and Deanna getting back on a plane, a split screen with Tony and Yoko Romo...

Late next week, they're going to start aggressively showing Into The End Zone on TSP2 again. I don't speak Thai, but it's obvious from the footage that the show's sole purpose is to hype NFL football on True Vision. One host wears a Vikings jacket, the poor fool. The other wears Green Bay #4, whoever that is.

I posted a lame joke in my newsletter about all those Tampa Bay - #4 - Favre jerseys getting dumped in Thailand. I'd buy some if it were true.

I posted a lame joke in my newsletter about all those Tampa Bay - #4 - Favre jerseys getting dumped in Thailand. I'd buy some if it were true.

As a Bucs fan, let me know if you find them I'll buy a box.

I lived there from 1977-1989. I think some throwback orange pants would be very popular here.

i emailed true today and got this response back today:

Dear Khun Chris,

We have acknowledged your message and please be advised that we have not received a confirmation yet about the new program. When we receive a further information, we will inform you again.

Just received my Truevisions Magazine for September and its shows only 2 games each Monday morning beginning on 8 Sep. NO Sunday or Monday night games!

The monthly schedule is confusing as usual.

8 Sep - TruSport 3 - 12:00 am Tampa Bay vs New Orleans

03:15 am Dallas vs Cleveland

15 Sep -TruSport 4 - 12:00 am No teams listed.

22 Sep -TruSport 1 - 12:00 am Arizona vs Washington

03:15 am Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia

29 Sep -TruSport 2 00:30 am Minnesota vs Tennessee

03:15 am Washington vs Dallas

Greg

Edited by Thaigreg

As a Bucs fan, let me know if you find them I'll buy a box.

I lived there from 1977-1989. I think some throwback orange pants would be very popular here.

I was there for the 85-93 seasons. All double-digit losing seasons. I could go without seeing those creamsicle uniforms ever again. But I am happy to see that the first game I'll see this year on my new 35" is the Bucs-Saints!

Late 1977, the Bucs had lost their first 25 games and were one loss away from tying the Vikings' record for futility. They went into New Orleans and beat the Aints. Fans with bags on their heads. I fell in love with the Saints that day.

So you joined the Buc Bomber after "from worst to first and back to worst."

FYI...I sent an email to TrueVisions on Sunday asking for an update on their NFL football scheduling plans... As of now...Tuesday afternoon...not received any reply...

But...I did yesterday also do a search on their web site programming schedule for August, and found two NFL listings....both 2-1/2 hours in length.... but not sure what they are...

They're both listed on True Sport 4, on Aug. 30 and 31, from 10:30 am to 1 pm...and are titled only.... NFL 2008/2009.

Anyone have any knowledge/idea as to what those entries are???

Late 1977, the Bucs had lost their first 25 games and were one loss away from tying the Vikings' record for futility. They went into New Orleans and beat the Aints. Fans with bags on their heads. I fell in love with the Saints that day.

So you joined the Buc Bomber after "from worst to first and back to worst."

Yeah, but the 2nd "worst" lasted about 12-14 years and I was there in the middle of it. The new fans since Dungy came are spoiled. Probably like new Pats fans since they won their first Super Bowl.

Just received my Truevisions Magazine for September and its shows only 2 games each Monday morning beginning on 8 Sep. NO Sunday or Monday night games!

Greg

I didn't receive my monthly mag yet. Greg, did you check ESPN to confirm that there's no NFL schedule there? If so, we're apparently in the same situation we were in at the beginning of last season. If that's so, we'll need to make polite requests to Truevisions for our FOUR game schedule again.

As soon as we confirm that there's nothing scheduled on ESPN, let's all jump in and try to get the same deal we had last year. It was "GOAL TV" that Truevisions contracted with to get those Sunday and Monday night games.

Greg

I didn't receive my monthly mag yet. Greg, did you check ESPN to confirm that there's no NFL schedule there? If so, we're apparently in the same situation we were in at the beginning of last season. If that's so, we'll need to make polite requests to Truevisions for our FOUR game schedule again.

As soon as we confirm that there's nothing scheduled on ESPN, let's all jump in and try to get the same deal we had last year. It was "GOAL TV" that Truevisions contracted with to get those Sunday and Monday night games.

Hi Pat,

Yes, their are no games scheduled on ESPN. I'm with you, I think we need to contact Truevisions en mass to get them to contract with GoalTV for the Sunday and Monday Night games.

FYI...I sent an email to TrueVisions on Sunday asking for an update on their NFL football scheduling plans... As of now...Tuesday afternoon...not received any reply...

But...I did yesterday also do a search on their web site programming schedule for August, and found two NFL listings....both 2-1/2 hours in length.... but not sure what they are...

They're both listed on True Sport 4, on Aug. 30 and 31, from 10:30 am to 1 pm...and are titled only.... NFL 2008/2009.

Anyone have any knowledge/idea as to what those entries are???

In the past they have re-broadcast the Super Bowl from the previous season a week before the start of the regular season.

I'm wondering if American football is shown much on TV there? Is it broadcat on regular TV? Cable TV? Avaiable on satelite? I would like to be able to watch it from my apt.

And another question. How expensive is cable tv or a satelite?

Thanks,

Chuck

Some years back TV 3 broadcast the Monday Night game. That is no longer the case. Your best bet now is some of the pay for view companies.(True)some local cable networks.

All but one of the games listed by Thaigreg are Fox games so not sure what to make of that?

2008/2009 NFL Schedule

Note there are two (2) Monday night games on Sep. 8., and the season kicks-off Thursday, Sep. 4 with the Redskins at the Giants.

Are you guys READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am, I'm jacked, off to Vegas in six days. Giant screens, free drinks, free money. Can't wait.

The SNF and MNF games are the most anticipated match ups of the week usually and easy to view in Thailand. A shame if all we have is the live Sunday afternoon games and their reruns At least the reruns are edited, not brilliantly, but anyway it is better that sitting through all the commercial breaks.

Greg

Hi Pat,

Yes, their are no games scheduled on ESPN. I'm with you, I think we need to contact Truevisions en mass to get them to contract with GoalTV for the Sunday and Monday Night games.

Two of the games are Cowboy games. I'm happy.

No NFL games listed on ESPN - but they are going to show some college ball. Some Big Ten, Some ACC, and I think some Big East.

The one Buckeye game I saw listed was gainst some patsy like Troy State or something.

Skins are on the schedule for two games at least. Could be worse.

OK, I think it's time to flood Truevisions with inquiries and requests for our night games. Below is a copy of the note I just sent to them. Please join me in the effort to show them that there's enought interest to get those games for us. Just take a few minutes to put together a note of your own, and send it to them at: [email protected]. Don't forget to include your full name, and your Truevisions Subscriptions Number. We got them to do it for us last year, so there's hope that they'll do it again, if we show enough interest.

Here's what I wrote.

Hello!

I am writing to ask if Truevisions will be able to contract with 'GOAL TV' to broadcast the National Football League games that are played on Sunday and Monday nights in the USA. You were able to do this last year, and I'm sure that you had a large audience for those games, since they are on 'live' at a reasonable time here on Monday and Tuesday mornings. Your current schedule shows only 2 live games, which will be shown at about midnight and 3 AM. Those are the games played on Sunday afternoon in the USA.

I know that you have a lot of fans of NFL football here in Thailand. I hope that you will be able to give us 4 live broadcasts of games, as you have done for the last few years.

I hope to hear good news from you very soon about the addition of these great games.

Thank you for your attention!

There is an interesting website which someone posted last year at www.profootballtalk.com.

This week they posted the salary caps and it is interesting who has room and who doesn't:

SALARY CAP NUMBERS AS OF AUGUST 25

Posted by Mike Florio on August 25, 2008, 8:41 a.m.

Kansas City Chiefs $31.9 million

Tampa Bay Buccaneers $27.8 million

Green Bay Packers $24.7 million

Buffalo Bills $20.9 million

Philadelphia Eagles $19.0 million

New Orleans Saints $17.7 million

Miami Dolphins $16.2 million

Jacksonville Jaguars $13.3 million

New York Giants $12.3 million

Tennessee Titans $11.8 million

Dallas Cowboys $9.6 million

Cleveland Browns $9.4 million

Chicago Bears $9.2 million

San Diego Chargers $9.2 million

Seattle Seahawks $8.8 million

Atlanta Falcons $8.2 million

St. Louis Rams, $8.1 million

Carolina Panthers $8.0 million

Indianapolis Colts $7.5 million

Baltimore Ravens $7.0 million

San Francisco 49ers $7.0 million

New England Patriots $6.9 million

Cincinnati Bengals $6.4 million

Denver Broncos $5.9 million

Minnesota Vikings $5.0 million

Houston Texans $4.9 million

Oakland Raiders $4.2 million

Detroit Lions $4.0 million

Arizona Cardinals $3.5 million

New York Jets $1.9 million

Washington Redskins $1.8 million

Pittsburgh Steelers $1.7 million

There is an interesting website which someone posted last year at www.profootballtalk.com.

This week they posted the salary caps and it is interesting who has room and who doesn't:

It really shows that money, alone, is not the answer, doesn't it? We see teams that have spent almost to the cap that are unlikely to make the playoffs (Redskins, Jets, Cardinals, Lions, Raiders, and Texans). At the other end, we see teams that haven't spent money, and are likely out of it (Chiefs, Bucs, Packers, Bills). The teams that figure to be at or near the top at the end of the season, are bunched together fairly closely in the middle (Patriots, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys). It's not how much money you spend. It's who you spend it on.

It really shows that money, alone, is not the answer, doesn't it? We see teams that have spent almost to the cap that are unlikely to make the playoffs (Redskins, Jets, Cardinals, Lions, Raiders, and Texans). At the other end, we see teams that haven't spent money, and are likely out of it (Chiefs, Bucs, Packers, Bills). The teams that figure to be at or near the top at the end of the season, are bunched together fairly closely in the middle (Patriots, Colts, Chargers, Cowboys). It's not how much money you spend. It's who you spend it on.

That and the coaching (how could you forget Belichick?).

It does show who has room as some of the older guys with big contracts get cut the week before the season starts. An offensive lineman, or in the Cowboys case, a wide receiver would be great.

That and the coaching (how could you forget Belichick?).

It does show who has room as some of the older guys with big contracts get cut the week before the season starts. An offensive lineman, or in the Cowboys case, a wide receiver would be great.

I certainly didn't forget that, OMR. But on this point, I was just addressing the money side of things. And don't forget that Belichick is dead in the middle of that process also.

Here's the reply I received from Truevisions to my request for 'live' broadcast of all 4 NFL games:

Dear Khun George,

We are terribly sorry for any inconvenience caused.

However, we have forward your message to the program license section for their further consideration and any action. We also hope to receive a good news to serve on your satisfaction. Please understand that we are following this case as well. When we have a confirmation about NFL, we will inform you again by e-mail or announce at www.truevisionstv.com. We are terribly sorry once again for any inconvenience caused.

HAVE YOU SENT THEM A NOTE YET TO DEMONSTRATE THE LARGE INTEREST? IF NOT, I HOPE YOU'LL DO SO.

I respect your view through the AFC East colored glasses on who will or won't make the playoffs, who are likely to be out of it and who figure to be at or near the top at the end of the season. BUT I think you will find at the end of the season there will be a lot surprises like always.

Will the Pats have the Super Bowl loser hangover year?

Will injuries devastate one of the favorites?

What sleeper teams will surprise?

There a reason they play the games. All preseason predictions will soon fly out the window.