American Football

ChuckZ

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh here is some linkage

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox-pro-connections

Too bad for Plex huh? Shoots his dam_n self, ouch.. He killed my fantasy team this year...

yes giants minus burris, because NYC mayor said he has to do time. can they still win? I believe they can but we will see

It should be illegal to be so stupid. I hope they can get out of the contract with this fool.

Oh here is some linkage

http://www.slingmedia.com/go/slingbox-pro-connections

Too bad for Plex huh? Shoots his dam_n self, ouch.. He killed my fantasy team this year...

yes giants minus burris, because NYC mayor said he has to do time. can they still win? I believe they can but we will see

It should be illegal to be so stupid. I hope they can get out of the contract with this fool.

that's right giants just gave him mega million dollar contract right? agreed should be illegal. jails would be even more crowded...

[quote name='robee' post='2377681' date='2008-12-02 19:21:48'

that's right giants just gave him mega million dollar contract right? agreed should be illegal. jails would be even more crowded...

Crowded? It would be impossible. Do you realize how many fools voted for Obama?!!

Crowded? It would be impossible. Do you realize how many fools voted for Obama?!!

I am surprised you haven't said it yet. Come on! Keyshawn, T.O., Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, Plasico Burris? A marriage made in heaven.

i do and i was among the minority, voted independent, and voted early in NV.

I am surprised you haven't said it yet. Come on! Keyshawn, T.O., Tank Johnson, Pacman Jones, Plasico Burris? A marriage made in heaven.

TO, he got caught carrying a handgun? must have missed that headline.

ashCheck" class="usermessage" style="width:302px;margin-left:0px;color:#FFFFFF">You need the latest Flash Player to view this video. Get Flash</div></div>'; document.write(flashContent); //insert flash content var so = new SWFObject("http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/mpf/player.swf?playlist=tab_playlist&skin=IndexSkin&singlePlaylist=single_playlist&adminOver=3564912&id=3737295,3736442,3736883,3735427,3734928,3734932,3733043&autostart=false&playerType=story", "videoPlayer", "302", "357", "9.0.45", "#000000"); so.addParam("wmode", "opaque"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "always"); so.addParam("base", "http://assets.espn.go.com/espnvideo/mpf/"); so.addParam("quality", "high"); so.addParam("bgcolor", "#000000"); so.addParam("align", "t"); so.addVariable("playerSkin", "http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/mpf/IndexSkin.swf"); so.addVariable("singlePlaylistSWF", "http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/mpf/SinglePlaylist.swf"); so.addVariable("playlistSWF", "http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/mpf/TabPlaylist.swf"); so.addVariable("endcard", "http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/mpf/Endcard.swf"); so.addVariable("player", "story"); so.addVariable("height", "357"); so.addVariable("width", "302"); so.addVariable("adminOver", "3564912"); so.write("player") NEW YORK -- New York Giants star receiver Plaxico Burress was charged with two felony counts of criminal possession of a weapon in the second degree Monday and released on a $100,000 bond.

Burress, who accidentally shot himself Friday night in the right thigh at a Manhattan nightclub, did not enter a plea on the class C felony charges, though his attorney said Burress planned to plead not guilty.

Manhattan Criminal Court Judge Felicia Mennin ordered Burress to return March 31.

Defense lawyer Benjamin Brafman argued for no bail, saying: "He has 35 million reasons to come back to court" -- referring to Burress' $35 million contract with the Giants.

Oct. 5: Suspended for game against the Seahawks and fined $117.5K after missing a team meeting for "family issues," which he said included having to pick his son up from school.

Oct. 24: Fined total of $45K for three violations and penalties in a game vs. the 49ers, including verbally abusing an official during the game, "inappropriate" comments about officiating after the game and $5K for throwing a football into the stands.

Oct. 26: Held out of the first quarter of a 21-14 victory in Pittsburgh after missing treatments for a neck injury.

Friday: Suffered accidental, self-inflicted gunshot wound at a Manhattan nightclub.

Monday: Charged in Manhattan court on two counts of felony possession of a weapon in the second degree.

burress. having talent yes, but no brains...

Those of you with TrueVisions access might think it worthwhile to pull an overnighter this weekend. Check out the games they'll be broadcasting on True Sport 4:

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES @ N.Y. GIANTS (08-DEC-2008) 08-Dec-2008 01:00

DALLAS COWBOYS @ PITTSBURGH STEELERS (08-DEC-2008) 08-Dec-2008 04:15

Whatever you do, don't let the women and children see these games. There will be some HITTING!

Oh, and for anybody who has access to a stream of the Sunday Night Football game; that will be Tampa Bay @ Carolina. Another blood bath is in store there!

Three really great games to watch. I guess I'll be sleeping in as late as possible Sunday, and napping in the PM. I've got to watch all 3 of those games!

ARE YA READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!!!

Those of you with TrueVisions access might think it worthwhile to pull an overnighter this weekend. Check out the games they'll be broadcasting on True Sport 4:

Whatever you do, don't let the women and children see these games. There will be some HITTING!

Oh, and for anybody who has access to a stream of the Sunday Night Football game; that will be Tampa Bay @ Carolina. Another blood bath is in store there!

Three really great games to watch. I guess I'll be sleeping in as late as possible Sunday, and napping in the PM. I've got to watch all 3 of those games!

thanks for that. havre to find somewhere in udon as we don't have these where i stay. cant miss the blood bath

It was a joke meant for Patsfangr. He knows I have defended T.O. too many times here to be serious. For that matter, I don't recall Keyshawn or Tank having been caught with firearms either. Only Pacman, and Burress has a long way to go before he gets to Pacman's level. Still, Pacman will be playing for the Cowboys Sunday against the Steelers.

It was a joke meant for Patsfangr. He knows I have defended T.O. too many times here to be serious. For that matter, I don't recall Keyshawn or Tank having been caught with firearms either. Only Pacman, and Burress has a long way to go before he gets to Pacman's level. Still, Pacman will be playing for the Cowboys Sunday against the Steelers.

OMR, you should know better that to try to joke with me now. Didn't you read about the Patriots - Steelers game? :o

defending TO is a full time job... tank was involved with some felom that had a gun in possesion, something like that. not that important that i would follow his career, now TO ima be watchin him!

thanks for that. havre to find somewhere in udon as we don't have these where i stay. cant miss the blood bath

am ready, too bad my satellite is not. no reception here in udon.

any one know where to go to watch football that does not have so many reception problems??

welcome to Thai...

OMR, you should know better that to try to joke with me now. Didn't you read about the Patriots - Steelers game? :o

I saw it. Sorry. I guess it will be my turn tomorrow (it looks like Barber is out now as well).

defending TO is a full time job... tank was involved with some felom that had a gun in possesion, something like that. not that important that i would follow his career, now TO ima be watchin him!

T.O. has been a gem. I guess he has grown up. This has surprised me as I expected another Garcia, McNabb type blow up against Romo, but here we are several years down the road and he hasn't taken even one shot at Romo, only defended him. I never thought I would see this from him, but he is 35 now, no longer a kid.

Tomorrow night is going to be rough for us Cowboy fans. It will be freezing, at Pittsburgh, against a strong Steeler rush and we have no running back to call on. I suspect Romo will be throwing 50 times. Maybe more.

T.O. has been a gem. I guess he has grown up. This has surprised me as I expected another Garcia, McNabb type blow up against Romo, but here we are several years down the road and he hasn't taken even one shot at Romo, only defended him. I never thought I would see this from him, but he is 35 now, no longer a kid.

Tomorrow night is going to be rough for us Cowboy fans. It will be freezing, at Pittsburgh, against a strong Steeler rush and we have no running back to call on. I suspect Romo will be throwing 50 times. Maybe more.

It's a challenge to keep reminding ourselves that professional athletes are all just kids when they first hit the big time. In nearly every case, they've received much more adulation for their athletic ability than they should get, for the good of their own social awareness and humility. They lack the judgement that comes with at least 10 years of life as an adult, and many of them step into a world that is simply beyond their ability to deal with, based upon their past life experiences. (After all, it was the under 30 crowd that was largely responsible for the election of Obama; so they obviously have piss poor judgement!)

Randy Moss, who was never as screwed up as T.O., but was, nevertheless, clearly immature, has been an absolute "role model" in New England. His interviews with the press, and his relationship with all of his teammates and coaches, have been exemplary. The only fault I find with him is that he has, IMO, allowed his disappointment over the loss of Brady to affect his spirit a bit. He hasn't stepped up as strongly as he could have. He's still in there making an effort; but it's an inconsistent effort; which it certainly was not prior to the loss of Brady. Personally, I'm still in his corner; and looking forward to a renewal of the Brady - Moss connection next season.

It's a challenge to keep reminding ourselves that professional athletes are all just kids when they first hit the big time. In nearly every case, they've received much more adulation for their athletic ability than they should get, for the good of their own social awareness and humility. They lack the judgement that comes with at least 10 years of life as an adult, and many of them step into a world that is simply beyond their ability to deal with, based upon their past life experiences. (After all, it was the under 30 crowd that was largely responsible for the election of Obama; so they obviously have piss poor judgement!)

Randy Moss, who was never as screwed up as T.O., but was, nevertheless, clearly immature, has been an absolute "role model" in New England. His interviews with the press, and his relationship with all of his teammates and coaches, have been exemplary. The only fault I find with him is that he has, IMO, allowed his disappointment over the loss of Brady to affect his spirit a bit. He hasn't stepped up as strongly as he could have. He's still in there making an effort; but it's an inconsistent effort; which it certainly was not prior to the loss of Brady. Personally, I'm still in his corner; and looking forward to a renewal of the Brady - Moss connection next season.

Years ago I got to talk to Tom Landry who said pretty much what you said in the first paragraph, except for your comment on Obama of course, as Landry like myself would have been smart enough to vote for Obama.

I agree on your comments on Moss. He has been no problem from an attitude point of view (similar to Keyshawn when Parcels brought him to the Cowboys). He has to get his head back in the game, though. Last week was an embarrassment for him.

sounds like the Dallas game was good game, too bad don't get the reception here.

sounds like the Dallas game was good game, too bad don't get the reception here.

I doubt that OMR would agree with your description of that 4th Q meltdown by his Cowboys as a "good game".

That one had to hurt, OMR. Sorry.

I thought that I was headed for even more embarassment, as my Patriots fell to a 14-3 deficit in the 1st Quarter, and lost our NT, Vince Wilfork, and ILB, Tedy Bruschi to early injuries. Already missing OLB Adalius Thomas, and his replacement, Pierre Woods, it looked pretty glum for us - even against the 2-10 Seahawks.

But, in one of the gutsiest performances I've seen by the Patriots, they scratched and clawed their way back, and scored the winning TD with just over 2 minutes remaining.

Coupled with the Jets loss to the 49ers, this win keeps the Patriots alive in the Playoff race; in a W-L tie with both the Jets and Dolphins, at 8-5. However, we need both of them to lose a game, while we win out, to get in, since they hold the tie-breakers over us. They play each other in the last game of the season, so one of them has one loss coming. Unfortunately, it will take an upset for that to happen, since, prior to that game, the 'Phins will host SF, and play at KC; and the Jets will host the BUF, and play at SEA. The 'Phins and Jets will certainly be favored in both of their games over the next two weeks.

Of course, there has been one tie in the NFL this season (Eagles - Bengals). So that is another very unlikely possibility that could put the Patriots into the Playoffs. If they win out, and the Jets and 'Phins TIE in their final game, the Pats would be in. I'd rather not see it go into the last week needing that! :-)

grreat games, ravens skins but satellite faded and lost most of 4th quarter. anyone else have issue with astro supersport?

Yes. My signal faded in the 4th quarter. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

at this time i have blank screen, oh well welcome to Thailand...

I doubt that OMR would agree with your description of that 4th Q meltdown by his Cowboys as a "good game".

I thought that I was headed for even more embarassment, as my Patriots fell to a 14-3 deficit in the 1st Quarter, and lost our NT, Vince Wilfork, and ILB, Tedy Bruschi to early injuries. Already missing OLB Adalius Thomas, and his replacement, Pierre Woods, it looked pretty glum for us - even against the 2-10 Seahawks.

But, in one of the gutsiest performances I've seen by the Patriots, they scratched and clawed their way back, and scored the winning TD with just over 2 minutes remaining.

Coupled with the Jets loss to the 49ers, this win keeps the Patriots alive in the Playoff race; in a W-L tie with both the Jets and Dolphins, at 8-5. However, we need both of them to lose a game, while we win out, to get in, since they hold the tie-breakers over us. They play each other in the last game of the season, so one of them has one loss coming. Unfortunately, it will take an upset for that to happen, since, prior to that game, the 'Phins will host SF, and play at KC; and the Jets will host the BUF, and play at SEA. The 'Phins and Jets will certainly be favored in both of their games over the next two weeks.

Of course, there has been one tie in the NFL this season (Eagles - Bengals). So that is another very unlikely possibility that could put the Patriots into the Playoffs. If they win out, and the Jets and 'Phins TIE in their final game, the Pats would be in. I'd rather not see it go into the last week needing that! :-)

I really don't know what to make of the Cowboys this season. If the Steelers really are as good as everyone thinks, then the Cowboys are much better than I thought. Still, I can't figure out how Romo/Witten could get both key passes so wrong.

Given the way the defense came together, I can see the Cowboys beating both the Ravens and the Eagles and if the Giants take it easy as they did this week now that they have everything clinched, maybe that game as well. Who knows. This team is so confusing to figure out.

I really don't know what to make of the Cowboys this season. If the Steelers really are as good as everyone thinks, then the Cowboys are much better than I thought. Still, I can't figure out how Romo/Witten could get both key passes so wrong.

Given the way the defense came together, I can see the Cowboys beating both the Ravens and the Eagles and if the Giants take it easy as they did this week now that they have everything clinched, maybe that game as well. Who knows. This team is so confusing to figure out.

cowboys inconsistency is baffling.

cowboys inconsistency is baffling.

The only thing I know how to do in these situations is blame the coaching. The Cowboys have two head coaches with Phillips for the defense and Jarrett for the offense. Then, we have Jerry Jones who just today publicly called Marion Barber a sissy for not playing Sunday. He does this before the three most important games of the season. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

The only thing I know how to do in these situations is blame the coaching. The Cowboys have two head coaches with Phillips for the defense and Jarrett for the offense. Then, we have Jerry Jones who just today publicly called Marion Barber a sissy for not playing Sunday. He does this before the three most important games of the season. Talk about shooting yourself in the foot.

I don't know much about Jarrett. I do know that I've always considered Wade to be Bum's idiot son. As for Jerry Jones, I think I've expressed my opinion of him often enough here. His action doesn't surprise me at all. Truly stupid. I wonder if he's trying to copy the Parcells tactic of jabbing at his players to motivate them? Problem is that Jerry Jones is no Bill Parcells! (Or Jimmy Johnson, for that matter.)

grreat games, ravens skins but satellite faded and lost most of 4th quarter. anyone else have issue with astro supersport?

Yes. My signal faded in the 4th quarter. Hopefully tomorrow will be better.

at this time i have blank screen, oh well welcome to Thailand...

Perhaps, given the recent posts, I shouldn't bother to ask this. But, I'll do it anyway.

What is 'Astro Supersport', and where is it available? What equipment does it require? I have a 10 ft satellite dish. Would I be able to access it from Pattaya, Thailand? If so, assuming that it's scrambled, what's the subscription cost?

If my questions don't give me all I'd need to know about it, feel free to fill in the blanks!